• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

psp development kit (umd drive?)

neptunes

I wonder what that UMD logo is for? :D

pspdev.jpg

WarPig

That's actually a DVD drive in the PSP kit there, if I estimate the length correctly. It would jive with the lectures from Sony's dev people at GDC, where they said developers wouldn't actually use/need UMD burners...

DFS.

neptunes

it's real.

That's actually a DVD drive in the PSP kit there, if I estimate the length correctly. It would jive with the lectures from Sony's dev people at GDC, where they said developers wouldn't actually use/need UMD burners...

I knew of that, it's just that the unit was marked with a UMD symbol. I was hoping only a select few could use/test umd's :(

Kon Tiki

Banned
Joe said:
nintendo should be HUMILIATED and DISGRACED by their ds development kit.
I onced asked my manager at work why there was no paint on the walls int he staff room. He said there was no point in wasting money on paint, the customers would never see this room.

WarPig

Vagabond said:
Isn't that slot on the upper right of the PSP dev kit a UMD drive?

Looks like a Memory Stick slot to me, actually. I think the UMD logo is just a logo, unless that whole squarish panel opens up or something.

A friend of mine once saw this gigantic first-generation Saturn dev kit at an arcade shop in Japan. Sons of bitches wouldn't let him buy it, though.

DFS.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I onced asked my manager at work why there was no paint on the walls int he staff room. He said there was no point in wasting money on paint, the customers would never see this room.
That guy sure knows how to make his employees happy :p

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Looks like a square blanking panel where a UMD drive could go in the future to me. Looks big enough for 2 of em though!

Beezy said:
They're using the old DS model for the dev kits? Thumbs down Nintendo...

totally. the people who develop the games are going to make them look like such utter shite because the dev unit is so ugly. and never mind when I play the game! I'll always have this ugly dev kit in mind and will weap for the poor developers who had to look at it.

Beezy

bune duggy said:
totally. the people who develop the games are going to make them look like such utter shite because the dev unit is so ugly. and never mind when I play the game! I'll always have this ugly dev kit in mind and will weap for the poor developers who had to look at it.

If a dev kit is for a certain system, don't you think that it should at least look like the system? And with handhelds, it should also feel like the system.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Beezy said:
If a dev kit is for a certain system, don't you think that it should at least look like the system? And with handhelds, it should also feel like the system.
That pic is ancient. Pre-remodeled DS.

Top Bottom