• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Software Launch Dates Update: Lumines on Dec. 12th

December 12
Minna no Golf Portable (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Ridge Racers (Namco)
Mahjong Fight Club (Konami)
Rengoku: The Tower of Purgatory (Hudson)
Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Capcom)
Armored Core Formula Front (From Software)
Lumines (Bandai)
Need for Speed Underground Rivals (Electronic Arts KK)
Mahjong Taikai (Koei)

December 16

Dokoemo Issho (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Kotoba no Puzzle Mojipittan Daijiten (Namco)
Dynasty Warriors (Koei)
Metal Gear Acid (Konami)
Kollon (Cyberfront)
Eiyuu Densetsu Gagharv Trilogy: Shiroki Majo (Bandai)

December 22
A.I. Series Igo (Marvelous Interactive)
A.I. Series Shougi (Marvelous Interactive)
A.I. Series Mahjong (Marvelous Interactive)

December 24
Puyo Puyo Fever (Sega)

December 30
Piposaru Academia: Dossari Saru-gee Daizenshuu! (Sony Computer Entertainment

Games without specific dates but still slated for release in December:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour R (Electronic Arts KK)
Puzzle Bobble Pocket (Taito)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Updates purchase list :

Minna no Golf Portable (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Ridge Racers (Namco)
Mahjong Fight Club (Konami) <-- if this is playable over wireless/internet as per the arcade version , then this could be HUGE
Armored Core Formula Front (From Software)
Lumines (Bandai)
Need for Speed Underground Rivals (Electronic Arts KK)

Nice.

Jonnyram

Will Sony follow Nintendo's lead and allow multiple players on one copy of software? That would be pretty sweet for MahJong. I'm getting Ridge, Lumines and MinGol. Nothing else on launch day excites me. I'll wait for the Mario MahJong game so I don't have to play on my own :lol

Yay for Lumines! I now have a comfortable launch set up, normally I try and get two games at launch so it's nice to have two there now. Vampire Chronicles, and now Lumines.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Will Sony follow Nintendo's lead and allow multiple players on one copy of software? That would be pretty sweet for MahJong. I'm getting Ridge, Lumines and MinGol. Nothing else on launch day excites me. I'll wait for the Mario MahJong game so I don't have to play on my own :lol

Yea I'm going for the same 3 on launch. Not really feeling any need for portable MahJong and I'll pass on the fighting games until I hear how well it plays on the controls. But DCharlie why do you have NFS on that list? I thought the TGS version was a mess?

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
I'll pass on the fighting games until I hear how well it plays on the controls.
I played it at TGS actually. The d-pad is nasty for fighting games. It feels really stiff and it's slippery/shiny so your thumb slides over it and it's hell to pull off special moves.

Jonnyram

Wait a sec, where did you get this list from?
I've seen conflicting lists that state the AI games will be out on the 12th, and Puzzle Bobble Pocket is scheduled for 22nd.

DCharlie

"Yea I'm going for the same 3 on launch. Not really feeling any need for portable MahJong and I'll pass on the fighting games until I hear how well it plays on the controls. But DCharlie why do you have NFS on that list? I thought the TGS version was a mess?"

Launch Tax.

"Launch Tax" = the inability to avoid buying a bunch of shitty games when a new system comes out.

Previous Entries :

Incoming (DC)
Dodgeball (GBA)

Meh. I really want to see reviews on the launch titles of the upcoming portables. I just can't get excited like everyone else about screenshots and 30 second impressions.

DCharlie

Play time at TGS was around 5-8 minutes per game, depending on the game.

I think i'd havebeen allowed to play Puzzle Bobble all day if i wanted.

XS+

Banned
Yeah, the PSP buttons weren't really mash- or slide-friendly at TGS (in contrast to a loose and sensitive analog disc/pad/thingy). Can't say I'm looking forward to playing fast arcade games on the system. Maybe the final model has more loose controls?

jiggle

seanoff said:
mind u DCharlie one launch tax game is ok given that the price is significantly lower than u thought.

The saving is already offset by the 3 extra batteries he'll get, or was it 4??

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Mine:

Ridge Racers (Namco)
Dynasty Warriors (Koei)
Puzzle Bobble Pocket (Taito)

Here's Acids boxart:

vp002-j1-j.jpg

woot its real! Go SONY!

edit: launch with two Mahjong games? sheesh where is the GO... Sony no Go!

edit again: 3 mahjong games in one month :lol I'm going to bed... No GO!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
gonna get - Ridge Racer; Minna no Golf

Might get - Lumines

Interested in but will wait for impressions to see how playable it is for non-Japanese - Metal Gear Acid.

Top Bottom