• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSTwo shortage intentional marketing?

Gantz

Banned
I called EB to preorder the PSTWo and they said there were 60 people in front of me and might not get one until December. WTF!? Is this shortage intentional marketing? I don't really need it but I would like to have one..

No, they're just a little desperate and retailers are pissed at them.

Having absolutely no product available will do that, so Sony broke their own street date and is shipping them as they make them.

There may well be a shortage this holiday as retailers, at this point, already have a lions share of there holiday hardware purchases.

NOTE: Xbox is in a bit of a similar crunch as I've heard that stores are very low and are waiting for their holiday bundle.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Weird. In the only two stores I've been the other day, I could just walk in and buy one. They had plenty of them lying around.

SvelteBoy

Forget EB, go somewhere else. In Canada, there are tons of units available at FutureShop and BestBuy. FS even has a $20 off promo when you sign up for AOL max, which you can cancel within a month.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Even in my local (Canadian) EB, they had at least ten boxes, and one model on 'display', that was sitting half-hidden on the shelf behind store clerks. Seriosuly, it looked as if they are trying not to sell them.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
The response you received was ridiculous, though our store has been selling out of every shipment. I don't believe it was intentional because the new model was so poorly advertised. I actually think they wanted to pull out of their supply slump before advertising the redesign more before the holidays.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Musashi Wins! said:
The response you received was ridiculous, though our store has been selling out of every shipment. I don't believe it was intentional because the new model was so poorly advertised. I actually think they wanted to pull out of their supply slump before advertising the redesign more before the holidays.

Yeah, the fact that they have done no advertising... The regular ps2 has been outta stock for weeks, the new ones were very welcome.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
To put a product on the market in short supply is clearly intentional. It's not like they didn't have a choice as to when to release it.

Then again, Nov. 1st isn't even here yet.

garrickk

Random_Hajile said:
Walmart has plenty...
Mine as well. Plus, they aren't going for that much of a premium on eBay. I think in a few weeks they'll be plentiful in most places. I'm sure Sony is cranking them out.

Dave Long

Banned
They are plentiful everywhere BUT EB. That probably has as much to do with EB's trade-in deal as it does the fact a lot of folks shop there for their games and systems.

I haven't seen one anywhere (NJ). I went to CC, Best Buy, & Target yesterday. And, the local gamestores have a LONG preorder list.

Elios83

PStwo shouldn't even be out at the moment.
I think Sony is simply trying to rush as many consoles it can since the old PS2s have been already sold and now they have the market uncovered in a really important month.

Top Bottom