• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Fever for DS

wow. you're supplying some good links. Pity Puyo Puyo hasn't evolved in ..4-5 iterations?

the secondary screen is for character animations? It says something about controlling with stylus but I don't follow; probably rotation on them blobs

Hooker

I hope they make it in a way you can use the stylus to swing the one block around the other (and back). Making small circles with every drop :)

jarrod

Banned
It was just a matter of time... this bodes well for the Phantasy Star Online and Chu Chu Rocket on DS rumors...

Priz

TheGreenGiant said:
wow. you're supplying some good links. Pity Puyo Puyo hasn't evolved in ..4-5 iterations?

Sega has been handling things for a bit now that Compile is dead.

Compile DID come up with a new puzzle game, but it seemed to bomb... maybe 6 months before they went poof.

Meanwhile, you have Sonic Team taking over and doing Minna de Puyo Puyo GBA and now the Puyo Fever stuff.

jarrod

Banned
Soul4ger said:
OH MY GOD YOU GET MY HOPES TOO HIGH.
Well, PSO and Puyo Fever were part of the same rumor actually. Naka's been talking about the possibility of Chu Chu also. :)

Priz said:
Sega has been handling things for a bit now that Compile is dead.

Compile DID come up with a new puzzle game, but it seemed to bomb... maybe 6 months before they went poof.

Meanwhile, you have Sonic Team taking over and doing Minna de Puyo Puyo GBA and now the Puyo Fever stuff.
Minna de Puyo Puyo GBA was outsourced to Carat House, who also did the NGPC version. Sonic Team just produced it... and Smilebit ported it to Pocket PC & N-Gage.

Drexon

Banned
Ok, so it's 2D, and has no use for the dual displays, and probably has no use for the touch-screen.... PSP. =)

Soul4ger

jarrod said:
Well, PSO and Puyo Fever were part of the same rumor actually. Naka's been talking about the possibility of Chu Chu also. :)

Minna de Puyo Puyo GBA was outsourced to Carat House, who also did the NGPC version. Sonic Team just produced it... and Smilebit ported it to Pocket PC & N-Gage.

Damn... As soon as the DS was announced, I said Phantasy Star Online would be perfect. Even if it was a port, I can't imagine there being a game better suited to the hardware. I can't believe that was an ACTUAL rumor, not just my inane rantings. :\

jarrod

Banned
Drexon said:
Ok, so it's 2D, and has no use for the dual displays, and probably has no use for the touch-screen.... PSP. =)
Yeah... it actually doesn't look any better than the GBA version. I'm betting wireless play (and maybe cinemas) are the only additions. :/

Soul4ger said:
Damn... As soon as the DS was announced, I said Phantasy Star Online would be perfect. Even if it was a port, I can't imagine there being a game better suited to the hardware. I can't believe that was an ACTUAL rumor, not just my inane rantings. :\
It's a real rumor... some site leaked that Puyo Puyo Fever DS and Phantasy Star Online DS would both be announced soon...

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Puyo Puyo Fever's a blast.
I don't know about previous editions, but I thought the fever meter was new. It added quite some fun to multiplayer bouts.

Chittagong

Gold Member
jarrod said:
Yeah... it actually doesn't look any better than the GBA version. I'm betting wireless play (and maybe cinemas) are the only additions. :/
I actually am pretty afraid that that is the case. In regards to Puyo Pop, Sega are cheap bastards, it appears as if it would be in their corporate strategy to put the game out on any platform that is launching. I'm pretty sure I saw some PSP screens already. Puyo Gizmondo can't be too far behind now can they?!

Cool Puyo Puyo Fever on Nintendo DS. I hope it is better distribute better than the GC one.
I am thinking of importing the DC Puyo Puyo Fever because it disappeared from Sega list for the X box and the GameCube one is heard to find. I do hope it will show up on Sega list for the X box again or Sony will allow the game on the PS2. I just wish the GC one was easier to find.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What's the point of this when there's already a GBA version? Great, so you can use the stylus...yay.

I want to see DS games that actually make use of the two screens in creative ways...guess that's asking too much.

GG-Duo

Hrm... Now that you can control with a stylus, they should make it so that 2 or 3 blocks can drop simultaneously

if you have a pda; that makes the control similar to the gemdrop games you can get. You can direct speed of drop and rotation with stylus. Basically, drag and drog... which takes something out of the gameplay but adds something else. Imagine is you could drag bits in tetris; not really the same is it.

jarrod

Banned
Chittagong said:
In regards to Puyo Pop, Sega are cheap bastards, it appears as if it would be in their corporate strategy to put the game out on any platform that is launching.
Well so far....

-Naomi
-Naomi GD-ROM
-Dreamcast
-PlayStation 2
-GameCube
-Xbox
-Mac OSX
-GameBoy Advance
-Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
-PSP
-Nintendo DS

...I'm betting EZweb, iMode, Vodaphone, N-Gage, Pocket PC, PSone, Xenon and AtomisWave ports are all right around the corner. :)

jarrod

Banned
Oh, and here's some shots from SOJ's website...

screen_1.jpg
screen_2.jpg

and (excite) translated text...

It is fevered by NINTENDO DS!

It is subject in public. "ぷよぷよ fever" It comes out for NINTENDO DS promptly! Not to mention the portability which can play anywhere, the operation using the communication function and touch panel which can be enjoyed all together is carried, and it is [ no one but / NINTENDO DS ] always. "ぷよぷよ fever" New pleasure was realized.

It is fever mode and is the Dalian chain.

1 time If the fever gauge which accumulates in every "offset" becomes full "Fever mode" Inrush! since the seed of a chain falls into the user included in fever mode -- " -- ぷ -- putting "on a suitable place and only exploding it -- the Dalian chain -- a start If a chain can be carried out well, no less than ten chains will not be dreams! A beginner can also experience the invigoration of a chain.

It is simply operated by the picture drawn without lifting the brush from the paper.

In operation using the touch panel, a motion of a finger is judged as a command. A "one draw command" is adopted. " -- ぷ -- the time of moving "to the right -- a finger -- the right from the left When carrying out left rotation, it can perform operating movement and rotation from the right intuitively to the left right-angled as it is a top from Shimo.

It spreads on two screens and characters also large-play an active part.

"ぷよぷよ fever" には -- many characters of rich individuality appear Heroine "AMITI" It becomes "RAFINA" and various modes, such as the mode which advances waging war along with a scenario, and the mode which chooses personally the character from which strength differs and challenges to a match, the mode which clears the taken-out subject, are prepared. Moreover, characters appear in a lower screen greatly and heap up waging war in the upper screen dramatically.

Name 称: ぷよぷよ fever
Genre: Action puzzle
Play number: Undecidedness
Sale day: 2004 undecidedness
価 Rank: Undecidedness
Correspondence model: NINTENDO DS

It is fevered by NINTENDO DS!! :)

Top Bottom