• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about Devil Arms in Tales of Symphonia (spoiler)

I beat Abyssion after getting all the Devil arms, but nothing seems to have happened to any of the weapons except the Nebelim swords. That set of swords does about 1000+ damage, but everyone else's Devil Arms have 0 Attack.

Nebelim also says 0 attack, but it deals more than twice the damage of the Material Blades. Is there any way to make the other Devil Arms useful?

AniHawk

I think it goes by how many things your character killed. Lloyd, if he was your main fighter, must've killed more than anyone else in your party.

Not 100% sure on that though.

Thanks, that makes sense, as I have never particularly liked the controls for the other characters, so Lloyd has almost never left the active party and I have more than 1000 encounters. It is a pity, since the others need a boost to get throught the Arena.

AniHawk

Diomedeskun said:
Thanks, that makes sense, as I have never particularly liked the controls for the other characters, so Lloyd has almost never left the active party and I have more than 1000 encounters. It is a pity, since the others need a boost to get throught the Arena.

What levels are they at?

Bebpo

Banned
Diomedeskun said:

Well just equip the best non-dark weapons for everyone else and leave the dark weapon on Lloyd. The arena fights really shouldn't be a hassle if you have Lloyd's dark weapon. The first time I finished the arena stuff was without any dark weapons and though it took me more than one try, I was able to make it through alive.

Lloyd can beat the Arena on advanced mode fine, but I need to get everyone else through. They are between levels 70-72. I would like to open up the party mode.

AniHawk

Diomedeskun said:
Lloyd can beat the Arena on advanced mode fine, but I need to get everyone else through. They are between levels 70-72. I would like to open up the party mode.

What do you mean open up party mode? I went in with Zelos and followed up with Lloyd in advanced mode, and tried party mode.

I didn't notice that there was a seperate girl behind the counter for party mode. I assumed that it was unlocked later because I had only talked to the other girl from behind the desk. All is good now. I reamed advanced party mode with the Nebilim until I got to the exhibition match.

AniHawk

Diomedeskun said:
I didn't notice that there was a seperate girl behind the counter for party mode. I assumed that it was unlocked later because I had only talked to the other girl from behind the desk. All is good now. I reamed advanced party mode with the Nebilim until I got to the exhibition match.

I died in that stupid exhibition match.

AniHawk

kiryogi said:
Lol, stupid? hehe, did Meredy meteor swarm you to death? :D

No, Genis died in the previous match, and Zelos (the healer) got killed off first thing.

I just set the controller down, and let them murder Lloyd. I used up all my TP in the 5th battle because I thought it was the last one.

Top Bottom