• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about SLI.

Comandr

Hey GAF, so Christmas came a little early and I got a new GTX970 to SLI with my existing one.

I'm having one problem: The fan stops spinning on the new card once windows boots. My PSU more than supports the wattage, connections are all good. Fan spins on boot up and as soon as windows loads it stops.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled my nVidia drivers, and still nothing.

I don't believe the hardware is faulty, but I do think I'm missing a step somewhere.

Anyone that can shed some light on the situation?

Comandr

Is it? I am SLI'ing to play games. My performance under the current circumstances is worse in games than it was without SLI. I blame the fan. I'm asking here for a solution because it affects my gameplay. Is that not gaming-related?

Comandr

Right, because I'm not discussing a specific game? Is it wrong to ask the gaming community for help?

JayEH

This should be in gaming discussion. Community is for community threads and OTs after they've been in discussion for a month.

Top Bottom