• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about using PSX to USB controller converter (PC gods needed)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Ok, sort of a specific question, but perhaps someone who uses this in general can help.

I want to use a Dual Shock for MVP Baseball 2004 on PC. I bought this converter, it works fine with emulators, etc. It shows up on my computer control panel as a "USB Dual Vibration Joystick". However, for MVP since it has shitty joystick support, I need to fake it out by renaming this in my registry to a different brand. But...this joystick is not listed in my registry where every other joystick is. Shouldn't it be?!? What stupid ass thing am I doing?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Barnimal said:
it should just say usb game pad or usb game device or something generic.

right, the thing is I have a lot of entries and none that generic. I have no idea why. It seems that if I've run the set-up, and am using the joystick there should be a relevant entry and there isn't. Can't figure out why.

hooo

boooy
If all you want to change is the name, find rge inf it installed from and make the name change there with a find/replace.

shpankey

not an idiot
click start ->run then type "regedit" and click "Ok"

Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, open SYSTEM, open ControlSet001, then Control, media properties, private properties, joystick, OEM.

view each folder (should look like VID_0428&PID etc) until you find the controller you have.

When you see you controller, double click where it says OEMName to the left of where its says the name of your controller, change it to "Gamepad Pro USB".

You be jammin now. :)

Top Bottom