• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick Q on GBA and Regional Usage

hobart

Are all GBA's usable with all GBA game carts?

For example... could I use a US GBA with UK GBA game carts?

I remember reading the JPN and US were swappable... but what about UK?

Thanks.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i think there are only problems when you link two systems with games from different regions. not sure though.

Any GBA game from any region will work with any GBA system. But like someone said, the same games from different regions might not work together in multiplayer (some do, but most don't I think).

The battery charger from different regions accepts different levels of AC voltage though, so you'll need a converter to use it in a different region (USA and Japan can be used interchangably I think, since the voltage difference is very small), or you can buy a replacement charger from your region so you can just jack it into a wall socket without any power adapters.

hobart

Yah I've got the converters... I'm all set. Thanks a bunch. Last thing I need is to buy Minish Cap in the US and have it sent overseas for even more $$$.

Thanks again.

Blackbird

Apple Jax said:
Yah I've got the converters... I'm all set. Thanks a bunch. Last thing I need is to buy Minish Cap in the US and have it sent overseas for even more $$$.

Thanks again.

isn't it out in Europe about a month earlier?

Top Bottom