• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

quick question about Firefox...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

Or maybe you are caught in a phase shift paradox, where everything is fast around u, but seems the perfect speed from your eyes. Man I would get that checked out.

Mugen

Banned
heh... maybe. I'm loving Firefox so far but some of the gif animations I'm used to seeing have a higher fps now for some reason. I dunno, it just bothers me a bit. :p

Mugen said:
heh... maybe. I'm loving Firefox so far but some of the gif animations I'm used to seeing have a higher fps now for some reason. I dunno, it just bothers me a bit. :p

Seeing as how I don't know the real answer, I am gonna say its because that firefox uses your memory resources a lot more efficiently and run without a frame limit, which wasn't needed with the inferior, memory leaking IE. It burned through your memory like it was grass in southern california.

Vlad

I think that IE imposes a set minimum on delay between frames, so that even if you have a delay of 1/10th of a second, it will still display at a lower framerate (I think that it bumps the delays to 7/10ths of a second or something like that). I'm guessing that Firefox doesn't have that restriction, so gifs where the delay was left really low because it looked fine in IE end up running a bit fast in Firefox.

Mugen

Banned
hmmm yah, I guess the higher fps is the way it's supposed to be in the first place. ^_^ oh well thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom