• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick question about PS2 HDD and upcoming games

I just wanna ask if anybody knows witch upcoming games will support the Hard disk drive for PS2, cause the only game I play with is RE: Outbreak. I'm bored of keeping it for one game and one friend of mine is ready to buy it..... So what can I do ???

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hmm, I think MGS3 supports it, and GT4 was announced months ago that it will have HD support. Front Mission Online will need the HD too. Other than those games... I really don't know what games will support the hard drive

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I know there have been quite the handful of games in Japan that would auto-detect the HDD and install some core files on it, cutting down on loads signficantly. Hell, wasn't Dark Cloud 2 one of them?

Pity most of that functionality seems to be stripped out of the localized versions.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
It does, however, seem to represent a diminished stance within Sony regarding the HDD, however. And that doesn't bode well for us adopters.

Yusaku

I think NHL 2k5 lets you save to the HD, I can't confirm this though, since I don't have the HD Utility Disc.

Top Bottom