• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.I.P. Fay Wray....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
She was 96... King Kong 1933.... exactly 5 of us in this forum have seen the 1933 version of King Kong right? ;)

No none of us were alive back then smart asses....

Alcibiades

that movie rocks and yes I've seen it, way better than the 70/80's remake...

poor Kong, poor Fay...

I just saw the news report seconds ago before I saw this thread (was going to start one)...

Is this available on DVD?

DarienA said:
She was 96... King Kong 1933.... exactly 5 of us in this forum have seen the 1933 version of King Kong right? ;)

No none of us were alive back then smart asses....

did you have a crush on her back in the day, gramps? ;)

aparisi2274

Classic movie. The 1933 version in my world is the only version of King Kong that exists. Not that shit ass remake in 76, or the sequel in 86 with Linda Hamilton, KIng Kong Lives. I just hope that Jackson's vision will be true to the original.

ManaByte

Gold Member
aparisi2274 said:
Classic movie. The 1933 version in my world is the only version of King Kong that exists. Not that shit ass remake in 76, or the sequel in 86 with Linda Hamilton, KIng Kong Lives. I just hope that Jackson's vision will be true to the original.

Oh, it will be. He's setting it in the 30's. Jackson himself has said how crappy the 1976 version was.

aparisi2274

ManaByte said:
Oh, it will be. He's setting it in the 30's. Jackson himself has said how crappy the 1976 version was.

Yeah well my first issue with his remake is that he is filming it entirely in NZ. Yet, 1/3 of the movie is in NYC. I mean I would he would film some shots here in NY with the actors at the top of the ESB or some other places, just to keep the story in check with the original.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
aparisi2274 said:
Yeah well my first issue with his remake is that he is filming it entirely in NZ. Yet, 1/3 of the movie is in NYC. I mean I would he would film some shots here in NY with the actors at the top of the ESB or some other places, just to keep the story in check with the original.

But New York is sooooo very different from the way it was in the 1930's. They'd have to do a lot of serious CGI & set work to get the skyline, streets & buildings right that they might as well not do it on location.

ManaByte

Gold Member
SteveMeister said:
But New York is sooooo very different from the way it was in the 1930's. They'd have to do a lot of serious CGI & set work to get the skyline, streets & buildings right that they might as well not do it on location.

Yep. WETA is doing about the same type of work they did on Kong as they did on LOTR as they have to recreate 1930's New York, which doesn't exist anymore.

Shazapp

When I was little, I used to watch the original King Kong on WOR-TV every Thanksgiving. They'd always run that and old Godzilla movies (including King Kong vs. Godzilla).

I looked forward to it every year.

R.I.P. Fay.

belgurdo

Banned
p7071.jpg

Asian?

ManaByte

Gold Member
DarienA said:
#1. Nope not on DVD yet.

It will be next year in time for the remake in a massive two-disc special edition fully restored with the scenes that were originally edited out because they scared people (the giant spiders).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom