• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

radiangames Crossfire |OT| Xbox Indie - 240msp

Gowans

radiangames Crossfire - 240msp

rossfire is an innovative and stunning shooter for one or two players. The game’s innovation comes in the form of a warp ability that sends the player to the top or bottom of the playfield and adds a whole new layer of strategy and intensity to the fixed-screen shooter genre.

Crossfire is coming to Xbox Live Indie Games in July 2010.

Crossfire is the second game in the radiangames series after JoyJoy.

http://radiangames.com/

xboxboxart.jpg

Screens:
screen4_Web.jpg
screen3_Web.jpg
screen1_Web.jpg
screen2_Web.jpg

Videos:
Trailer
Co-Op Launch Trailer

Get it Here:
Marketplace Link

Gowans

I have just played this game for two hours straight before bed.

It's awesome, loved every second of it, and got throughly told off by the Mrs ass she wanted to play Monkey Island.

Got to stage 49 in the end and hit the wall.

Tomorrow it will be my bitch, it's made me suffer.

Looking forward to Turbo mode too.

Its a must check out game.

Gowans

MikeE21286 said:
Geo Wars? does the style match the play?

Only as in Fast and Intense.

It beats the ramp up problem by letting you jump to harder stages too.

I could have sworn this was from the guys who made Decimation X and are making Duality ZF but I was wrong, gota go and check out JoyJot Properly now.

besiktas1

Gowans007 said:
I have just played this game for two hours straight before bed.

It's awesome, loved every second of it, and got throughly told off by the Mrs ass she wanted to play Monkey Island.

Got to stage 49 in the end and hit the wall.

Tomorrow it will be my bitch, it's made me suffer.

Looking forward to Turbo mode too.

Its a must check out game.
Then again the female posterior does have a controlling effect on the male Homosapien.

Gowans

besiktas1 said:
Then again the female posterior does have a controlling effect on the male Homosapien.
:lol

right gona see if I can get it done this morning before work, Rar!

Bento

Goddammit, that Xbox slim needs to be released her in Sweden asap >_<
There are so many XBLA games I want!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
xbox dvd drive not working (too skint to repair it) but so many xbla games i wanna get and this is one of them

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
we can only play Indie games while being signed-in online, am I right?
If that's still the case, I won't buy it, otherwise here I come.

Gowans

Beat the last stage on my lunch break, wooooo!!!

Megawave & turbo mode unlocked!

Screw you little green sheildy pieces haha!

Gowans

Dash Kappei said:
we can only play Indie games while being signed-in online, am I right?
If that's still the case, I won't buy it, otherwise here I come.
Its still the case I think.

Anyone else beat the basic campaign yet too?

qupe1975

Neo Member
yep beat in in testing =), level 49 is a bitch of a level, beat it 3 times now because when I purchased the game my old save was useless so had to do it all over again. If you can get the pause powerup on that level makes it a ton easier.

Teetris said:
That's Edge's quality writing everyone on GAF seems to be so fond of?

Wow, fuck that mag
"The neon presentation is yet another depressing co-opting of Geometry Wars’ aesthetic, which neither uninspired unit design or a tendency to over-indulge in particle effects can render charismatic, while enemy gunfire tends to be so chaotic and heavy as to remove the Ikaruga-styled pleasures of threading yourself nimbly between the curtains of bullets before firing off a single perfect shot of your own. "

Rabbitwork said:
"The neon presentation is yet another depressing co-opting of Geometry Wars’ aesthetic, which neither uninspired unit design or a tendency to over-indulge in particle effects can render charismatic, while enemy gunfire tends to be so chaotic and heavy as to remove the Ikaruga-styled pleasures of threading yourself nimbly between the curtains of bullets before firing off a single perfect shot of your own. "
On the one hand, I agree with that. I mean, it's impossible to dodge between bullets, etc.

On the other hand, he's reviewing the game as if it's a type of game that it isn't. It's not supposed to be like Ikaruga, ffs.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Rabbitwork said:
Using pretty words to describe your sentences, sure that can be called quality writing but you also have to look at it concerning content.

What he's basically saying is fresh new developers with good innovative ideas are bad because you need proven developers experience to make the idea work as good as possible. That's just fucked up man, new developers can hardly get together millions of dollars from publishers to make a project big by industry standards.

Teetris said:
Using pretty words to describe your sentences, sure that can be called quality writing but you also have to look at it concerning content.

What he's basically saying is fresh new developers with good innovative ideas are bad because you need proven developers experience to make the idea work as good as possible. That's just fucked up man, new developers can hardly get together millions of dollars from publishers to make a project big by industry standards.
what he's saying is that like the majority of western games media, he's needlessly angry at a $3 game that isn't a $60 5-year effort from one of the world's most renowned developers.

such vitriol for no reason other than to "sound" like he's intelligent.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
toythatkills said:
On the one hand, I agree with that. I mean, it's impossible to dodge between bullets, etc.

On the other hand, he's reviewing the game as if it's a type of game that it isn't. It's not supposed to be like Ikaruga, ffs.
You could remove the Ikaragua callout and the review would read about the same. It sounds like he enjoyed the concept but he wanted more depth to the mechanics. It's basically a message to radiangames to take more time in fleshing out these brilliant little one-offs.

5 is average for Edge, BTW, so 6 is not a bad score.

SapientWolf said:
You could remove the Ikaragua callout and the review would read about the same. It sounds like he enjoyed the concept but he wanted more depth to the mechanics. It's basically a message to radiangames to take more time in fleshing out these brilliant little one-offs.

5 is average for Edge, BTW, so 6 is not a bad score.
He's moaning because you can't weave in and out of bullets and fire off shots, like in a Ikaruga or any other game like it. But that's not what this game is, and it's not trying to be. Clearly a more realistic comparison is Space Invaders, and nobody ever moaned that that wasn't bullet hell enough.

It's like giving Final Fantasy XXVI a 6/10 for not having enough FPS moments.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
toythatkills said:
He's moaning because you can't weave in and out of bullets and fire off shots, like in a Ikaruga or any other game like it. But that's not what this game is, and it's not trying to be. Clearly a more realistic comparison is Space Invaders, and nobody ever moaned that that wasn't bullet hell enough.

It's like giving Final Fantasy XXVI a 6/10 for not having enough FPS moments.
It's more like taking points off of a shooter for not having a cover system but I understand your point.

You can move between the hail of bullets, I do it all the time, it just takes skill. The enemy design is very visual and gameplay relevant, the shape of the enemies tell you which way they are going to fire.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Warm Machine said:
Radian Games released their sales figures for Joy Joy and Crossfire today.

I'm a little saddened that Crossfire has sold less than 1000 copies as it is one of the better games on the service.
This is telling:

Avatar games are featured elsewhere on the dashboard and have an advantage over other Indie Games, and games on the Top Download charts are the most visible, leading to a positive feedback loop for those who get into the top slots (particularly the first 5).
Basically, XBLI games have very little visibility.

chubigans said:
It's great to see indie devs share their sales info like that. Thanks for the link!

Some of them also do it on the official XNA Creators Club forums as well but his breakdown for this is way more indepth than I have ever seen.

I'd love to see indie become a really viable place for great games to get released. It puts way more power in the developers hands if they can be successful.

He has updated the game and cut it down to 80pts.

I'm sad to see the 80 point price as all it does is reinforce the stereotype that good indie games are only worth a dollar (along with shit ones) but if it does make him more money in the long run good for him.

Top Bottom