• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*radio edit* WWE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of RVD, the feeling backstage is that he has been de-pushed and his back to back appearance on Velocity proves that. We thought perhaps he had not signed his new contract so WWE wasn’t sure what direction to point him in, but we’ve received word that RVD has indeed re-signed with the company, but for some reason they have decided not to push him. With the co-branded pay-per-view, SummerSlam coming up, it’s hard to see RVD making it on the show at this point. Perhaps they will throw something together with him and another mid-carder. Nonetheless, it is odd to see how many pops RVD gets despite the company not pushing him since his start in the company.

WTF

this man was out popping triple h and nearing rock/austin levels at points when he first entered the fed and they have done nothing but SHIT on hIM

fuck you vince and your hoss fucking family

Dante

I wish they would just let him go, so he could go to TNA in the X-Division. He is so watered down in WWE, and I'd love to see him wrestle in TNA before he gets to old to do some of his crazy shit. Jerry Lynn vs. RVD bring it on one more time!

Memles

Dante said:
I wish they would just let him go, so he could go to TNA in the X-Division. He is so watered down in WWE, and I'd love to see him wrestle in TNA before he gets to old to do some of his crazy shit. Jerry Lynn vs. RVD bring it on one more time!

I think he's just lazy, personally. Bores me to tears.

FightyF

Banned
Jerry Lynn vs. RVD bring it on one more time!

I know man...

The whole deal is that Vince asked him to tone down his fancy wrestling because it made big wrestlers at that time (like the Rock and Stone Cold) look like pansies.

RVD should bust out the moves during these Velocity matches. And if Vince doesn't like it, fine fire him, so he can go onto TNA.

Seriously, Rob has bored me to death in the WWE, too. He can't throw a punch or wrestle worth shit. He does the same spots repeatedly and leads into them with the weakest forearm taps to the head possible. And factor in that he's worse than Matt Hardy and Lita combined on the mic/acting side of the picture... Some of his ECW matches were really great, though.

Neo_ZX said:
RVD can be creative if they let him. The fact is, no one has given him a chance.
They have given him the chance, and he's proven that he can be creative. Remember that last hardcore match between him and Tommy Dreamer on RAW? That was great stuff.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The first series of matches that RVD had with Undertaker were great.

Give him Teddy Long as a manager and he could hold the US Title for a year while drawing. Dammit Vince, wake up!

bishoptl said:
I love it - no matter how hard they try, the WWE can't bury him.

I know there are some people who hate him (Mandark) but man, RVD is bigger than WWE. He would have been making crazy money doing one time gigs and spending more time with his comic store than deal with this political bullshit.

People say he's all flash and what have you, but you only have so much time to fit in your signature moves in such a condensed format, PLUS you have to have talent who are willing to hang with him. Jerry Lynn helped carry him to a phenomenal level at ECW. If you have talent who can hang with him, he would appear to be a better wrestler and showman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom