• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ radioheadrule's nintendo stuff ] - 56k warning

Hi there,

I haven't seen that many threads where people tell us exactly where their Gaming Dollars Allowance (GDA) has been going lately, and I know its always amusing to know people spend/waste money (depending on your point of view) on lots of video game stuff. So I thought I'd update the boards I post on regarding my own GDA. This should cover everything I've bought in recent months... hell, the last few years. My collection is nowhere near as impressive as those that some of you geeks posess, but I aspire to beat you all someday! :D

Let the pictorials commence!

============================================

room1.jpg

RADIOHEADRULE'S NINTENDO STUFF

Let's start with the basics. I don't have virtual boy or anything that cool, but I do have Nintendo consoles. Here they are sillhouetted against the uninspiring background of my neighbour/mates house.

nintendos.jpg

...aaaand here they are seperately.

nes.jpg

snes.jpg

n64.jpg

cube.jpg

Gamecube is my favourite Nintendo console. Okay, second favourite. After SNES. I followed both this and Nintendo 64 from their early project names of Project Reality/Ultra 64 and Dolphin respectively. I loved Nintendo 64! Some of the best games ever appeared on the system - Mario 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, 1080 etc are my core faves. You couldn't have complained about the first party support. Watching my favourite games leap into 3D was as perfect as I could have hoped. But the system was lacking. The cartridge medium, although great for access times, had plenty of flaws. That coupled with the legacy of Nintendo's none-too-friendly approach to relations with third parties meant the system didn't have the support or realise the potential that it really could have. For me the GameCube was all about righting the wrongs of Nintendo 64. Here's a few early mags I picked up before PAL launch:

mags.jpg

So did it right any wrongs? It sure did for me. I think it would be quite powerfully evident how much of an improvement they've made, had Microsoft not entered the fray to the tune of 2 billion dollar upwards investments. Of course, there's still plenty of room for improvement - but here's a picture of most of my games:

games.jpg

There are a few games missing because I've leant them out or left them in friends' houses and things like that: but the point is - a lot of these games wouldn't have had a hope of appearing on Nintendo 64. No software droughts this gen! [face_dancing] More! More I tells ya Nintendo!

I've spent a lot of money this gen. I've been doing things I wouldn't normally be doing. For instance: I've never been an importer, yet this generation, the Tales of Symphonia hype had me cave in and buy the game. You should be able to see that and Freeloader in two of the pictures I've posted already. I've also took my console online - which with Gamecube, is a costly although rewarding endeavour. Here's my collection of peripherals:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/radioheadrule83/peripherals.jpg/[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/radioheadrule83/bbas.jpg

Yes, thats TWO broadband adaptors. Mario Kart and 1080 Avalanche in 8 player? Yeah right! Like I could resist that!. Kirby Air Ride is getting bought next pay day too. I've been using my BBA(s), powerboard and a cheap £3 cable to play Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II, as well as Mario Kart and 1080 over WarpPipe.com's 0.4.2 program. There are speed sacrifices which vary depending on how far away the other user is from you, but it's an exciting preview of Nintendo games online that only increases the desire to see these things running full speed, fully optimised, online someday. Nintendo games WILL rock online.

Here's my GBA:

gba1.jpg
gba2.jpg
gba3.jpg

Union Jack skin courtesy of decalGirl.

otherstuff.jpg

And ^ here ^ we have a bunch of stuff just thrown on the floor while I hastily took a picture. Some GBA games, my NES mario / duck hunt games, N64 games, SNES games, memory card boxes, crap like that.

Nintendo playing cards (freebee with a magazine):

nintendocards.jpg

And finally, here are some awful Nintendo related pictures of me:

measmario1.jpg

7.jpg

ARRRGH! YOUR EYES! I know ;)

Thats it I think folks! I shall update this thread when my GDA expands my gaming collection more! Adios!

Thom

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
So you found this camera in the woods near Liverpool, and those were the pictures on it?! FREAKY.

lol! had i not been looking at those scary pictures earlier I wouldn't have had a clue what you're on about. Feel free to super impose monsters*

* ones with me in don't necessarily need em

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
She looks quite cute.

I have that Mario Sunshine issue too. And there must have been one hell of a good free gift to make you buy NOM that month.

Oh and from now on, I'm gonna be hearing all your posts in a broad scouse accent. It'll be the best.

Top Bottom