• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

rainblocks |OT|: a puzzle game by revenantkioku with music by Manami Matsumae

rainblocksheader.gif

Homepage: http://letsplaying.com/rainblocks
Trailer: http://youtu.be/CknD6pP8GlM

cloud-howtoplay.png

rainblocks is an arcade puzzle game where your goal is to match color blocks. But you can only match the one specified color at a time.

Remember ROY G. BIV?

Start by matching Red. Then Orange. Then Yellow. Green. Blue. Indigo. Violet. Repeat.
If you set up the board so the next colors are already lined up, you'll make combos and score more points. The blocks never disappear, they just change color after being matched.

The timer is constantly ticking and you'll have to avoid ice, mud and other hazards while trying to make as many matches as you can before the sun sets on this charming little shrine and the smiling hill.

cloud-credits.png

Designed by Eric Koziol (revenantkioku on GAF. You know, Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta.)
Art by Dominik Johann (http://dominikjohann.de)
Music by Manami Matsumae (Mega Man, Shovel Knight, Mighty No. 9)

cloud-price.png

rainblocks is free. There are ads but you can remove them and unlock starting difficulty selection for $0.99. That is the only In-App Purchase. No energy, no coins. Play as much as you want any time of day. Free with ads or a dollar for no ads.

It is literally free-to-play. You never have to pay to play unless you want to pay $0.99 to support the people behind it.

cloud-portbegging.png

Yes, it is currently only iOS. But think of what the future might hold! OS X! Android! Windows! Vita! Wii U!

PS3? Only after The Last Remnant.

The better this does the more time rk can spend on porting it. So if you like how it looks, tell your iOS having friends to try it!

cloud-screenshots.png

(Click for larger version.)

cloud-praise.png

"rainblocks is a deceptively simple, high-speed game of skill from an emerging independent video game maker. A near-perfect distraction." - James Mielke, director of BitSummit

"This is a mobile game." - Luke Crane, Kickstarter

"rainblocks is equal parts solid gameplay and quirky, loveable aesthetics." – Anne Lee, Chic Pixel

cloud-outnow.png

Rainblocks is a ton of fun, it's free, and it's the brain child of RevenantKioku, an old school Gaffer doing the damn thing. I'm down to support that, especially for the price of free.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Great thread for a great game.
Playing it hardcore since yesterday, since it scratches that mobile puzzle game itch.

This game is seriously great. I'm not huge on sliding puzzle games, but the timer element fills my twitch gaming need perfectly and it really is one of those games where you want to keep going back for a better high score.

Best $0.99 I've spent in a long time.

And the music!

Ainaurdur

This game is seriously great. I'm not huge on sliding puzzle games, but the timer element fills my twitch gaming need perfectly and it really is one of those games where you want to keep going back for a better high score.

And the music!

This is almost exactly how I feel.
I've never cared so much about puzzle games, but I had to try Rev's game, and I am really enjoying it.
Getting better about block placement,
ignoring the temptation to move/break iced blocks since you can still pair the iced block,
and other little ways to survive longer.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Getting better about block placement,
ignoring the temptation to move/break iced blocks since you can still pair the iced block,
and other little ways to survive longer.

Haha, makes me happy to hear you say this, because you're right. Sometimes it is much better to do it that way. Other times you will have to do it the "obvious" way.

And yeah, the music is just, wow. Working with her on it was so great. With just a little bit of chatting and some gameplay videos the resulting song was just so perfect. The sound effects, too.

Jonnyram

This game needs more love.
It took me a while to get into it, but the music is so laid back it just makes you want to keep playing, and once the game system clicks, it's really easy to get hooked.

Ad-supported so worth a download, at least — what have you got to lose?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them

Boom. This has been in the works for quite some time now and 1.0 just went up today. Free, just like the iOS version.

You can also try out the tutorial in the web demo.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom