• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Varth

Anyone get downed and fall thro the map?

Nope, but still getting occasional deaths by people glitching through a wall.

Hope I get to the point where I see one of these basterds before he sees me and get my kill with breach charge this way. Platinum will feel soooo sweet.

Klyka

Banned
There is a thread in gaming side about Siege that is making me so angry, I almost spit out my drink when I started reading it.

Fucking misinformation :(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
There is a thread in gaming side about Siege that is making me so angry, I almost spit out my drink when I started reading it.

Fucking misinformation :(

It's all accurate.... for the last patch. Most of those issues aren't as bad anymore.

Klyka

Banned
It's all accurate.... for the last patch. Most of those issues aren't as bad anymore.

The "it's evolve, microtransactins and pay2win!" is clearly not accurate.

server issues I can't comment on, never had the problems many other people said they had.

server issues I can't comment on, never had the problems many other people said they had.

Yeah, I have both the Xbox One and PS4 version and don't experience much in the way of lag or connectivity issues.

In terms of the microtransaction stuff, if we're still getting free maps, I don't care.

Just got dropped from game and told to quit for an update. 36 megabyte patch on PC, any idea what it is? Don't see any patch notes yet, latest patch notes were for 1.3 here; http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1370867-Patch-Notes-Update-1-3

I am seeing global "has been kicked due to FairFight" messages in-game now, which includes player names not on the server you're playing on. I'm unsure if this is new. It's very distracting and unnecessary and seems like damage control on the part of the devs - this same thing was done in H1Z1. It effectively does nothing besides make people more cautious about downloading out-of-date public cheats (hunting down more private and undetectable cheats) and cause visual nuisance for players.

Valkrai

Looks like the new update on PC was just maintenance by Ubisoft and apparently also included some fixes.

Taken from reddit

Livinpink 7 points 14 minutes ago

Hello! This isn't a patch, but rather a regular maintenance (with a few fixes included but nothing major). The next patch will be occuring on February 2nd.

Thank you!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

You... lack reading comprehension. He only compares it to Evolve because he's arguing it's mismanaged similarly, but he also says the microtransactions really don't impact the game, but that it just looks bad. It makes it LOOK like an f2p game. And the pay2win argument is nowhere to be found. So you're just getting mad over someone saying a bad thing about your fave.

Kalentan

Is there any reason to have laser sights? Cause I feel like more often than not, enemies could possible see the laser and thus give away my position.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is there any reason to have laser sights? Cause I feel like more often than not, enemies could possible see the laser and thus give away my position.
I love laser sights...... on enemy players. Easy kills.

Valkrai

Apparently one guy on PC thought ACOGs on SMGs were "exploiting" and got mad at us for using it. Both as attackers and defenders.

enewtabie

I don't like them. I saw a guys laser shining on the wall in front of him. He was hiding behind the wall.opposite the hallway. I took my shotgun and blasted him from the other side.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I pretty much only use them on Shield characters, since there's no real way to stealthily approach when every footstep sounds like a hydraulic piston. None of my other operators use them, since the advantages aren't worth the huge visibility penalty.

KodaRuss

You... lack reading comprehension. He only compares it to Evolve because he's arguing it's mismanaged similarly, but he also says the microtransactions really don't impact the game, but that it just looks bad. It makes it LOOK like an f2p game. And the pay2win argument is nowhere to be found. So you're just getting mad over someone saying a bad thing about your fave.

To be fair they painted the picture of the game being a complete mess with "legions" of isues - which it isnt. Also, that Ubisoft is killing the game and it will fade out in a month like Evolve - Which it hasn't.

His examples are for the most part correct, his tone and overall message in the article are not correct.

Evolved1

M1014 needs reduced range or something, the thing is like a sniper rifle.
They should reduce the range and take away OHK headshots for hipfire. They should remove OHK headshots for ALL hipfire, and have damage dropoff at range for the smgs. I think, at long range, smgs should DBNO for headshots.

I think that is a good compromise, still in the spirit of the game.

They should reduce the range and take away OHK headshots for hipfire. They should remove OHK headshots for ALL hipfire, and have damage dropoff at range for the smgs. I think, at long range, smgs should DBNO for headshots.

The SMG accuracy at range is insane in this game. ACOG + Pistol Grip can make any weapon as good as Glaz's sniper rifle. Other than the higher zoom red shifted scope and ability to shoot through castle barriers and the plane windows, the sniper rifle doesn't feel very powerful. Any body shot should instantly put someone in the downed state.

Kalentan

They really need to fix the phasing through walls. I just died cause I was looking through a kill hole and on their screen, half my body seemingly went through the wall and he spotted me and got an instant headshot.

Valkrai

I disagree a little bit. There should be a OHK headshot for it but in a very very small distance (close to point blank).

Everything else I think is fine except for the wacky balance of shotguns.

sam777

They really need to fix the phasing through walls. I just died cause I was looking through a kill hole and on their screen, half my body seemingly went through the wall and he spotted me and got an instant headshot.

I was just about to post this, it is bs.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
So I'm thinking about getting this sorta sold at this point. I'd be getting it for ps4 so I figured I'd ask gaf some questions.

Background is I'm ok but not great for mp shooters (hence why I didn't get it at launch). That said I do like tactics and rainbow six generally speaking.

So how is the community?
How accommodating is the game to my abilities, as referenced above?
Are connections stable amongst teams?
How stable is the fps etc?

Any other details would be welcomed I just wanna know as much as possible before I go and drop $80 on this.

So I'm thinking about getting this sorta sold at this point. I'd be getting it for ps4 so I figured I'd ask gaf some questions.

Background is I'm ok but not great for mp shooters (hence why I didn't get it at launch). That said I do like tactics and rainbow six generally speaking.

So how is the community?
How accommodating is the game to my abilities, as referenced above?
Are connections stable amongst teams?
How stable is the fps etc?

Any other details would be welcomed I just wanna know as much as possible before I go and drop $80 on this.

Community is mostly great. You'll get the occasional griefer but that's it. There is a votekick system and TKers at the beginning of the round seem to get auto-kicked pretty fast (or maybe they just leave? in most of my rounds). I've added a lot of friends from randoms.
While this game is very lethal and firefights are a big part, it's also very much about using strategy and tactics to execute a plan, trying to get the enemy to play to your team and Operator's strengths while exploiting their weakness.
Connections have gotten much better, but I'd say I get a disconnect maybe 1/10 matches. They're still working on it, which is great.
FPS in MP is 60 fps and mostly stable. It drops a bit at the VERY start of the match, but that's usually when you start, because you're in a corner of the map that can see a LOT of it. Gets stable as soon as you start moving towards the buildings.

Klyka

Banned

The thread compares it to Evolve

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Community is mostly great. You'll get the occasional griefer but that's it. There is a votekick system and TKers at the beginning of the round seem to get auto-kicked pretty fast (or maybe they just leave? in most of my rounds). I've added a lot of friends from randoms.
While this game is very lethal and firefights are a big part, it's also very much about using strategy and tactics to execute a plan, trying to get the enemy to play to your team and Operator's strengths while exploiting their weakness.
Connections have gotten much better, but I'd say I get a disconnect maybe 1/10 matches. They're still working on it, which is great.
FPS in MP is 60 fps and mostly stable. It drops a bit at the VERY start of the match, but that's usually when you start, because you're in a corner of the map that can see a LOT of it. Gets stable as soon as you start moving towards the buildings.

Is there a gaf community of some sort for this on ps4?

Eh...it only really looks like this because of stupid articles that spout this shit:

The perception took hold that Evolve was ripping off players—who had to buy the "core" game first—and it failed to sell in anything like the numbers expected. Now it's dead.
Rainbow Six: Siege walks a dangerously similar path.

It's not only completely inaccurate, but makes it overblown. Articles like this (and GiantBomb's review) do the game a complete disservice and probably contribute more to the image of being ripped off, than the actual game does.

In the 67h I've played since launch, I haven't heard a single player, friend or random, talk about being ripped off or complaining about paywalls, microtransactions, etc. It just doesn't happen.

KodaRuss

K pm me my copy should be here next week

How do I get involved in these things?

also interested in joining the gaf group, did not see it listed in the OP

Just post or send me your PSN ID either me or someone will add it to the group.

Found this on Reddit on the top page. These are sweet as hell

AllG7Tq.jpg

Just post or send me your PSN ID either me or someone will add it to the group.

Found this on Reddit on the top page. These are sweet as hell

AllG7Tq.jpg

Sheeeeeeit! Laser etched?

EDIT: Reddit been snooping on Steam:

Found some more skin packs in addition to the Amber one:
(Rainbow Six Siege - Platinum Weapon Skin) 13 days ago
(Rainbow Six Siege - Cobalt Weapon Skin) 13 days ago
(Rainbow Six Siege - Emerald Weapon Skin) 13 days ago
(Rainbow Six Siege - Amethyst Weapon Skin) 13 days ago
(Rainbow Six Siege - The Safari Pack) 13 days ago

Emerald Skin is apparently out today:

Speaking of skins, how do we access our season pass skins on PS4? I installed them from PSN store, but can't find them anywhere? I need some bling on my rifle.

Evolved1

Some other gaffers/redditors mentioned a bug on PS4 preventing access :- Don't know if it's still an issue...sounds like it.
Yeah... no skins.

This game man, these devs cannot implement anything without issues.

Lol I didn't even know season pass gave skins.

Also I still haven't entered my gold skin from the game either lol. It looks sick on my friend's screen in spectate/replay, but I've just been lazy to enter it. I should do that soon.

Lol I didn't even know season pass gave skins.

Also I still haven't entered my gold skin from the game either lol. It looks sick on my friend's screen in spectate/replay, but I've just been lazy to enter it. I should do that soon.

They aren't really amazing skins though. I like the ones you get with renown better.

Animator

Those are pretty shitty low effort skins. Give me something I would actually want to pay money for. Also why the fuck can't I put skins on the shield.

Up to 19 ranked win loss ratio now. Still gold 2 though. Hopefully it increases soon, though I don't want to lose a game. I'd like to get the ratio to 25-30 before hitting a loss.

Got another 10 second ace on Airplane yesterday, in ranked. Silly counter terrorists all ran up the stairs.

The toughest matches I've had have been in casual. Most ranked players are terrible. I feel that a lot of the ranked audience just plays ranked because they believe it's the only mode that counts or something. On a lot of games if you play 'unranked' it doesn't register any statistics or provide any XP, so I feel that a lot of solo players feel drawn to ranked play because of that. Still had a number of close games though, one or two 4:3 wins.

Top Bottom