• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Those are pretty shitty low effort skins. Give me something I would actually want to pay money for. Also why the fuck can't I put skins on the shield.

LMAO, it makes me sad each time I customize the shield operators when I realize all I can customize really is my pistol and only 1 pistol for blitz. :'(

Do you guys ever encounter a bug where when you press the button to change weapons it does the animation and then stays with your original weapon? Just happened to me as Smoke and caused me a death, I was trying to swap from my shotgun to the smg.

Valkrai

Well first time I've seen this, Fairfight works!

IeTxJgV.jpg

etta

my hard graphic balls
HAHAHAH the fucking skins aren't interchangable between operators of the same faction???
I got Spores for 6000 credits thinking I could use it on Ash, Thermite and Castle, but NOPE.
Wow, Ubisoft.

Edit: And you can't even use the skin on the handgun...
Are you fucking serious Ubisoft??

Mokoi

Banned
Let me break if down for you.

Zerofox0 and ZerofoxD is the same person playing on two pcs with his extra arms. Like that mortal combat character. He activated chets at the same time; therefore, causing that coincidence.

Kalentan

Really debating getting the Season Pass... I guess my logic would be that if I don't need to spend renown on characters I could use them to buy skins and the such...

Hmmmmmm

Edit: wow, I get into a ranked and what do these guys do? They take turns team killing me at the start of the round. Are you fucking serious?

Edit 2: Yup, got demoted for going 0 - 4. Fuck this shit. Why the hell is teamkilling within the first ten seconds of ranked, not punishable? The guys teamkilled me 4 times total. Yet nothing!?

RobNBanks

Banned
Let me break if down for you.

Zerofox0 and ZerofoxD is the same person playing on two pcs with his extra arms. Like that mortal combat character. He activated chets at the same time; therefore, causing that coincidence.

pretty sure they're both the same zerofox but since you play on 800x600 its impossible to tell

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Buddy and I picked this up last week, and have been trying to learn the ropes. We are loving it, but are total beginners--still learning the maps and tactics (been watching the Serenity17 videos too). We'd love to roll with the GAF group on PS4 if you guys are OK with shitty noobs. Kappa

My PSN is Pak38 (Central US), and my buddy's is Onimusha542 (Taiwan, haha).

I'm more of a mouse & keyboard player so getting used to pad play has been rough; any tips on the sensitivity settings and dead zones?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
HAHAHAH the fucking skins aren't interchangable between operators of the same faction???
I got Spores for 6000 credits thinking I could use it on Ash, Thermite and Castle, but NOPE.
Wow, Ubisoft.

Edit: And you can't even use the skin on the handgun...
Are you fucking serious Ubisoft??
It's per weapon. Anyone who has that weapon can use that skin.

So I started playing again on PC and I am terrible aiming with a mouse. Manage to get luck and killed 3 guys quickly with a head shot. Got called a hacker :lol

BTW how do you get into the discord thing? Never used it before..

I'm an older guy and a terrible twitch player (my kill cams should come with a laugh track)... but playing this game with the GAF Discord crowd, using good comms and sound judgement makes me feel like badass more often than not.

Planning and patience absolutely trumps reflexes and low latency mouse juggling in this game.

Also, kill assists, distractions, the proper use of powers and covering fire is wonderfully satisfying. You can have 0 kills and still feel integral to the team.

Seriously, play this game.

Community is mostly great. You'll get the occasional griefer but that's it. There is a votekick system and TKers at the beginning of the round seem to get auto-kicked pretty fast (or maybe they just leave? in most of my rounds). I've added a lot of friends from randoms.
While this game is very lethal and firefights are a big part, it's also very much about using strategy and tactics to execute a plan, trying to get the enemy to play to your team and Operator's strengths while exploiting their weakness.
Connections have gotten much better, but I'd say I get a disconnect maybe 1/10 matches. They're still working on it, which is great.
FPS in MP is 60 fps and mostly stable. It drops a bit at the VERY start of the match, but that's usually when you start, because you're in a corner of the map that can see a LOT of it. Gets stable as soon as you start moving towards the buildings.

What error code do you get?

Menthuss

More people need to use breaching charges on walls/floors that can't be completely destroyed. Even if you're not able to create an entry point, you're still increasing the amount of spots from where you can shoot enemies.

Valkrai

New patch added in some improvements for disconnections, waiting times, and automatic data selection.

They also "improved cheating countermeasures"

Livinpink said:
Actually, another update is that now when players are banned, a notification in the combat log will be broadcasted to all the players currently playing in public matchmaking on the platform in which the cheating or hacking occured.

It will say something like this: 'XXUsernameXX has been removed from the match by Fairfight.'

Also, cheating countermeasures have been further improved.

KodaRuss

I have been on a pretty good run with some Kapkan kills lately. Just place them in doors or windows you think they will come in at and punch a couple holes in the barricade so they dont look down at the giant red screw sticking out.

Got a 3 kills on one trap in a game along with a lot of others. Felt really good.

Also, I believe I need to use Glaz a lot more. My win and kill ratios are way higher with him than any other character.

Posted the other day, but Matimi0 did a "Best and Worst Operators" vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1f-KPCageY

S Tier
Thermite
Thatcher
Ash

A Tier
Blitz
Twitch
Fuze
Sledge

B Tier
Glaz
Montagne

C Tier
IQ

Obviously not ALL operators, but solid vid.

Pretty much agree with his rankings. Thermite and Thatcher are like SS tier though, attackers pretty much must have them (or should). Thermite and Blitz are probably my favorite operators, with Thatcher a close 3rd.

KodaRuss

Posted the other day, but Matimi0 did a "Best and Worst Operators" vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1f-KPCageY

S Tier
Thermite
Thatcher
Ash

A Tier
Blitz
Twitch
Fuze
Sledge

B Tier
Glaz
Montagne

C Tier
IQ

I know Jager is not on the list and we have had a few discussions about him but I think he is very essential in all non hostage situations.

Certain maps Glaz is the king though too. IE. The plane and the house as well. A good Glaz player can easily win the game for you in those maps with the correct objective locations.

I know Jager is not on the list and we have had a few discussions about him but I think he is very essential in all non hostage situations.

Certain maps Glaz is the king though too. IE. The plane and the house as well. A good Glaz player can easily win the game for you in those maps with the correct objective locations.

If you watch the vid, he explains his reasoning--Glaz is a very "selfish" Operator in that his ability (scope) really only benefits him. So his effectiveness is based almost purely on his shooting and survival ability.

I agree, though--Glaz can be very effective on the right map with the right player.

Animator

If you watch the vid, he explains his reasoning--Glaz is a very "selfish" Operator in that his ability (scope) really only benefits him. So his effectiveness is based almost purely on his shooting and survival ability.

I agree, though--Glaz can be very effective on the right map with the right player.

His reasoning is stupid. There is nothing more important in this game than killing operators. I would take a good glaz player that locks down the enemy over thatcher any day.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Still holding out hope that they planned for IQ to counter DLC operators. I'm sure they've had a roadmap for all the operators, surely IQ fits in there somewhere. Maybe it's just not yet?

Because you can make a case for any operator in the the game, except IQ (maaaybe Doc, but he has full armor at least) and you just cannot justify her gadget. It flat-out fuckin sucks. Even her weapons, which are probably my personal favorite (love all three) are not that much better, if at all, than other ARs.

So hopefully we have some future synergy with/against other ops coming down the road... or they need to buff the gadget.

First of all, friendly gadgets should not ping on the screen. That makes the gadget somehow even less useful! Because you're hesitant to shoot friendly drones. lol. Idk, they need to do something.

His reasoning is stupid. There is nothing more important in this game than killing operators. I would take a good glaz player that locks down the enemy over thatcher any day.

Well, agree to disagree. Thatcher is essentially almost any round, IMO. Information is *premium* in this game and Thatcher helps remove that for Defenders (cameras), as well as allowing Attackers to gain more info (taking out jammers) and also giving Attackers more breaching options.

Well, agree to disagree. Thatcher is essentially almost any round, IMO. Information is *premium* in this game and Thatcher helps remove that for Defenders (cameras), as well as allowing Attackers to gain more info (taking out jammers) and also giving Attackers more breaching options.

What system are you playing on? Are you still playing Squad?

KodaRuss

I definitely would not put anyone above Thatcher other than Thermite. Kinda confused by Ash on the top tier, not saying she isnt useful but definitely not on the same level as Thatcher and Thermite.

I would say Fuze is more beneficial than Ash on non hostage situations.

I definitely would not put anyone above Thatcher other than Thermite. Kinda confused by Ash on the top tier, not saying she isnt useful but definitely not on the same level as Thatcher and Thermite.

Ash does have the ability to blow walls, reinforced doors and windows from a distance, which is killer on a lot of maps. Sometimes getting someone to the wall that needs breached is difficult/impossible, so having Ash is required. I can definitely see your argument tho.

I wish we could get an operator that could hack into enemy comms. Obviously those that don't use mics wouldn't be affected, but it would be awesome in some of the more competitive matches.

What system are you playing on? Are you still playing Squad?

I play on console, but have a PC I use for Squad. I mostly play on console because all of my brothers and friends are on X1 now, but I'm a PC gamer at heart. You playing Squad?

His reasons for Ash are mostly how dynamic she can be--blowing up enemies from above, using her breaches to hurt, damage enemies hiding behind cover, blowing up shields.

In addition, she is smaller and therefore has smaller hitboxes, which can be a huge advantage.

I don't play much as Ash, though, personally. I'm almost always Thermite or Thatcher, because randoms usually don't pick both :-|

KodaRuss

I play on console, but have a PC I use for Squad. I mostly play on console because all of my brothers and friends are on X1 now, but I'm a PC gamer at heart. You playing Squad?

His reasons for Ash are mostly how dynamic she can be--blowing up enemies from above, using her breaches to hurt, damage enemies hiding behind cover, blowing up shields.

In addition, she is smaller and therefore has smaller hitboxes, which can be a huge advantage.

I don't play much as Ash, though, personally. I'm almost always Thermite or Thatcher, because randoms usually don't pick both :-|

Same, I need to play with the Gaf teams more often. Been playing with a friend lately and just going random on the rest of the team. I dont mind Thermite or Thatcher at all though, both of them have solid guns as well.

My favorite thing about Ash is being able to open up three breach points in rapid succession. If you run breaching chargers with her, you can plant a charge, then shoot a point, reload, shoot another and trigger your planted breach. This rapid opening up of breach points can be very disorienting for the defenders. The G36C is also a great weapon. I run that silenced and the R4-C for non silenced.

Everybody, please stop talking up Thatcher. He sucks.

He is literal trash.

His ability is utterly useless.

I use him exclusively as an Attacker and I don't want to have a sudden influx of competition.

Thanks.

Everybody, please stop talking up Thatcher. He sucks.

He is literal trash.

His ability is utterly useless.

I use him exclusively as an Attacker and I don't want to have a sudden influx of competition.

Thanks.

Lol, don't worry, no one does. I love that two shot burst he has on his primary. Headshot machine.

I'll probably grab it tonight. I'm not sure how it's going to run on my Macbook (maxed out 2014 15"), but I'm going to give it a shot. Game looks awesome.

KodaRuss

My favorite thing about Ash is being able to open up three breach points in rapid succession. If you run breaching chargers with her, you can plant a charge, then shoot a point, reload, shoot another and trigger your planted breach. This rapid opening up of breach points can be very disorienting for the defenders. The G36C is also a great weapon. I run that silenced and the R4-C for non silenced.

Do you run a lot of weapons silenced? I tried it out with a couple operators but felt that (at least on consoles) I couldnt regularly get headshots so it seemed like it took forever to kill people.

Think I might try to try some silencers again since I switched to almost all ACOG scopes.

Stat!

As someone who uses Glaz frequently, I think Glaz can be very useful at locking down parts. But it depends at how good of a sniper a player is. He is not a CQC guy but he can be effective there too. He's one of the tougher guys to use but I give him a bump in tiers if its day time.

As someone who loves Glaz, yeah, a great glaz player is fantastic but thatcher is just too useful to not have him on the team.

They aren't the flashy operators so they don't get picked. It's pretty common unfortunately.

A shame too. I think Jager/Rook are super good characters. Rook moreso but even guys like Mute is super useful.

A class I think gets too much love? Castle. Unless you have a mute.

Rook is almost always the one guy I will rage on when facing him, because a rooked Rook is ridiculously hard to kill if you are only hitting the body.

Raven117

Rook is almost always the one guy I will rage on when facing him, because a rooked Rook is ridiculously hard to kill if you are only hitting the body.

Come on man! Obviously this is the beginner operator to get a feel for how the game plays.

Thatcher/Mute/Thermite/Glaz/Ash/Rook

That's my rotation

Come on man! Obviously this is the beginner operator to get a feel for how the game plays.

Thatcher/Mute/Thermite/Glaz/Ash/Rook

That's my rotation

Let me clarify: by "rage on" I mean "be enraged" because he usually kills me in a "fair" fight :p

I'm still a relative console noob, so headshots aren't commonplace with me.

Siddiqui

Good video. Serenity17 had mentioned in one of his streams a few days ago that the attack setup you really see in tournaments is thermite, thatcher, sledge, ash and twitch. This means those 5 are on a higher tier than the others currently and that's all that can be practically proven at the moment. It makes sense. That's a very safe setup for breaching/destruction while still having good firepower. Shields, including Blitz, are not really used in tournaments.

Top Bottom