• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

KodaRuss

Good video. Serenity17 had mentioned in one of his streams a few days ago that the attack setup you really see in tournaments is thermite, thatcher, sledge, ash and twitch. This means those 5 are on a higher tier than the others currently and that's all that can be practically proven at the moment. It makes sense. That's a very safe setup for breaching/destruction while still having good firepower. Shields, including Blitz, are not really used in tournaments.

I would imagine, those would be the best of the best players that are not going to get shamed by shields. Every one of those operators brings something to the table that can help the entire team out.

noomi

This just happened.

- Team mate keeps killing one of our guys at the start of each round
- I try to vote kick him and it doesn't work
- Asshole then initiates a vote kick on me
- I get kicked....
- What the fuck?

Sometimes people really suck, I was doing well and wanted to earn my renown from that round...

etta

my hard graphic balls
Got the season pass and that french flag skin for the MP5, it's the best looking skin in the game BY FAR.

Come to me sweet Frost.

I just love Sledge's mobility and adaptability. He's fast, has medium armor and a great gun+frags. He's best played solo and attacking at/near the same time as the rest of the team to maximize stealth. I'll wait and see if someone is gonna breach a wall/door and then start rapidly breaching from a different angle and it's very effective.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Holy shit Blitz is amazing.
And those Baghdad US operators will be fucking sick! I can't wait to see the weapons, maybe M16A1?? Fuck, I'm getting CoD4: Modern Warfare vibes.

playing with randoms on casual and i feel when no one picks mute or rook i have to "take one for the team"...
This is why Rook is my most played operator. I don't really enjoy playing as him specifically, but I feel like a team without him is missing an easy advantage. The fact that his bonus persists when you die, and helps everyone on the team every single second of the round is too good to ignore.

Well, assuming whoever is playing Rook actually drops the armor, and your team picks it up anyway.

I think people really overate some operators based on casual gameplay.

Glaz is super useful when you're playing casual, where everyone is running around like a headless chicken, and they don't get to choose an objective location. But when they do, it becomes less useful.

So you might say Glaz is useful on the plane, but that's far less true when you realise that everyone in ranked picks luggage. In fact, almost every map sees the most activity on whatever area the defenders can get shot from the outside of the building, the least. Train Room on Kafe, Armoury on Hereford, Wine Cellar on Chalet, Basement on Oregon and Clubhouse, etc.

To an extent the same is true for ash, as in casual games, defenders are pretty relaxed with their reinforcements, often missing important walls etc, but in ranked, against good teams, that isn't true, the only thing she will have the opportunity to use it are random wooden barricades, castles reinforcements and shields. But gunfire can open wooden barricades, grenades take out shields, and to a degree, castles barricades. Her weapons are average and her armour is poor, so overall I wouldn't say she's on the same level as thatcher or thermite, which have pretty much essential abilities, and some of the best weapons in the game. She is very useful though, but not on the same level as Thatcher / Thermite.

Valkrai

I think people really overate some operators based on casual gameplay.

Glaz is super useful when you're playing casual, where everyone is running around like a headless chicken, and they don't get to choose an objective location. But when they do, it becomes less useful.

So you might say Glaz is useful on the plane, but that's far less true when you realise that everyone in ranked picks luggage. In fact, almost every map sees the most activity on whatever area the defenders can get shot from the outside of the building, the least. Train Room on Kafe, Armoury on Hereford, Wine Cellar on Chalet, Basement on Oregon and Clubhouse, etc.

To an extent the same is true for ash, as in casual games, defenders are pretty relaxed with their reinforcements, often missing important walls etc, but in ranked, against good teams, that isn't true, the only thing she will have the opportunity to use it are random wooden barricades, castles reinforcements and shields. But gunfire can open wooden barricades, grenades take out shields, and to a degree, castles barricades. Her weapons are average and her armour is poor, so overall I wouldn't say she's on the same level as thatcher or thermite, which have pretty much essential abilities, and some of the best weapons in the game. She is very useful though, but not on the same level as Thatcher / Thermite.

Glaz is good for a map like House. It's pretty much a 80ish percent chance that they'll spawn in garage and he can be very useful there. Otherwise, he's too situational for ranked.

Glaz is good for a map like House. It's pretty much a 80ish percent chance that they'll spawn in garage and he can be very useful there. Otherwise, he's too situational for ranked.

Saying a character is good in casual is like saying Ganondorf is good in 8 player Smash (sorry if you don't get the reference). It's might offer some fun but it's pretty arbitrary, really.

Glaz is also really undermined by Rook, making just about everyone two or three shot kill at a distance. Kind of crappy how inconsistent it is.

Valkrai

Saying a character is good in casual is like saying Ganondorf is good in 8 player Smash (sorry if you don't get the reference). It's might offer some fun but it's pretty arbitrary, really.

Glaz is also really undermined by Rook, making just about everyone two or three shot kill at a distance. Kind of crappy how inconsistent it is.

Yeah but he's not IQ bad lol. He still does have some use in ranked, just a very very minimal amount. I don't really count casual as its just DM to me.

Yeah but he's not IQ bad lol. He still does have some use in ranked, just a very very minimal amount. I don't really count casual as its just DM to me.

I think ranked should have a forced rotation of objective sites or something. So you can pick but you can't pick the same place twice, then ranked play would be more versatile, and suit more operators.

Clearing terrorists out of basements gets tiring.

Valkrai

I think ranked should have a forced rotation of objective sites or something. So you can pick but you can't pick the same place twice, then ranked play would be more versatile, and suit more operators.

I was against that before but I'm starting to agree with that. Maybe the option to still pick but you can only use one site pick once (maybe in OT it'll reset).

I'm done with this game for a bit.

Sick and tired of getting killed with nonsense. I soundwhore immensely(as the game is designed in such a way), play my angles, get the drop on people, pour a clip into them/get multiple headshots(only to see in the killcam that they suffered little to no damage), and, boom, I'm the one that dies.

Skill has nothing to do with this game most times. Everything is dragshot central.

Going back to COD, dudebros.

latest

KodaRuss

Sick and tired of getting killed with nonsense. I soundwhore immensely(as the game is designed in such a way), play my angles, get the drop on people, pour a clip into them/get multiple headshots(only to see in the killcam that they suffered little to no damage), and, boom, I'm the one that dies.

Skill has nothing to do with this game most times. Everything is dragshot central.

For some reason I noticed this happened to me a lot tonight. Watching the other players kill cam after a death was driving me insane. I am not sure if it was the servers or what but there seemed to be some weird crap going on for me.

Valkrai

For some reason I noticed this happened to me a lot tonight. Watching the other players kill cam after a death was driving me insane. I am not sure if it was the servers or what but there seemed to be some weird crap going on for me.

For Killcams, they're still buggy and broken as hell. Hit detection is still wonky though.

Lol just played 2 matches against a clan in casual and it was pretty much a pub stomp. me, a buddy, and 3 randoms beat them 3-0 in Oregon and 3-1 in Chalet. Won a 2v4 as well.

Sectus

I definitely agree they should do something to force variation with objective locations. It's been a while since I've played ranked (I'm taking a break until there's no chance of random disconnects), but when I did I always saw people choose basement of almost every map.

Menthuss

TBQH, I don't trust the killcam at all. Remember that until recently, it couldn't even properly handle showing an operator hanging upside down.

Do you run a lot of weapons silenced? I tried it out with a couple operators but felt that (at least on consoles) I couldnt regularly get headshots so it seemed like it took forever to kill people.

Think I might try to try some silencers again since I switched to almost all ACOG scopes.

It wasn't until I used the G36C that I started putting silencers on anything but sidearms. I really like the recoil pattern of the G36C so putting on a silencer to make it feel even more surgical just seemed right. Typically I run the higher damage weapon choices without silencer and then throw a silencer on the other primary. Since we don't have the option to change loadouts when choosing operators, this is my best solution to being able to pick a silenced loadout when you feel like it might be helpful. The sound design in this game is so good, that silencers actually seem to matter.

So as much as I like using smoke pulse's shotgun feels almost broken compared to his. Any upsides that I'm not noticing on smoke's one?

The best thing about Smoke's shotty is that you get to also run the SMG-11. Best sidearm in the game. Good combo of up close combat with the shotty and lane coverage with the smg-11.

KodaRuss

TBQH, I don't trust the killcam at all. Remember that until recently, it couldn't even properly handle showing an operator hanging upside down.

I definitely agree but last night I had some very questionable deaths based on the kill cams. Worse than I have seen before. Also, the servers seem to be getting worse. The past two nights I have been kicked more than I ever have been.

It wasn't until I used the G36C that I started putting silencers on anything but sidearms. I really like the recoil pattern of the G36C so putting on a silencer to make it feel even more surgical just seemed right. Typically I run the higher damage weapon choices without silencer and then throw a silencer on the other primary. Since we don't have the option to change loadouts when choosing operators, this is my best solution to being able to pick a silenced loadout when you feel like it might be helpful. The sound design in this game is so good, that silencers actually seem to matter.

The best thing about Smoke's shotty is that you get to also run the SMG-11. Best sidearm in the game. Good combo of up close combat with the shotty and lane coverage with the smg-11.

I really hope they would add that to the game. There are plenty of times where I want to change my loadout to add a silencer in between games. Especially on certain maps and you just cannot do that.

Klyka

Banned
I honestly believe the big 2.0 patch on tuesday will add a TON of quality of life stuff that people have been asking for.

I honestly believe the big 2.0 patch on tuesday will add a TON of quality of life stuff that people have been asking for.

You're more hopeful than me.

They've done next to nothing thus far, in my opinion.

Sometimes I feel like they've already washed their hands of this game, and, I'm someone that loves the game(the core of it, not the glitchy mess it actually is).

Valkrai

I agree. I think some of the work they've done on PC is great, now they need to improved Ranked and matchmaking.

Ubi has done a great job on supporting this and I like to think that maybe they actually do care about the game.

kvk1

You're more hopeful than me.

They've done next to nothing thus far, in my opinion.

Sometimes I feel like they've already washed their hands of this game, and, I'm someone that loves the game(the core of it, not the glitchy mess it actually is).

I agree. I think some of the work they've done on PC is great, now they need to improved Ranked and matchmaking.

Ubi has done a great job on supporting this and I like to think that maybe they actually do care about the game.

♫♫ one of these things is not like the other ♫♫

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I ended up getting stuck in Rochester for a week, and so I haven't touched this game in about half a month.

Lots of talk about glitching and bugs... is there something new causing issues, or are we all discussing the same jank we've had since day one?

I ended up getting stuck in Rochester for a week, and so I haven't touched this game in about half a month.

Lots of talk about glitching and bugs... is there something new causing issues, or are we all discussing the same jank we've had since day one?

I'm mostly talking about the same jank we've had.

I mean, the fact that people can't even use Season Pass skins right now is dumbfounding.
Believe me, I'm sure their job is very difficult. However, some of the stuff they're slipping on seems so pedestrian in their field.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm mostly talking about the same jank we've had.

I mean, the fact that people can't even use Season Pass skins right now is dumbfounding.
Believe me, I'm sure their job is very difficult. However, some of the stuff they're slipping on seems so pedestrian in their field.
They have dropped the ball on some stuff that's hard to wrap your head around. Cannot join a friend's game even if there's room?

lol, wtf?

They whiffed on some things. But they also hit a lot of homeruns. Balance is surprisingly good. Somehow.

My theory is it's a bit of "less is more" combined with a clear, well defined vision for the core gameplay and meta. And in that regard Siege is still compelling, and I suspect will be for some time. Imo at least.

Something that's been really irking me is how shotguns only sometimes destroy breachable surfaces in one shot. I'm talking about the square ceiling breaches that you see doted around.

Sometimes these are breached in 1 shot (probably about 70% of the time) other times, the first shot does not work and at this point, no longer will any one shot be able to take the breach down. So you have to spend a minimum of five shotgun shots to make a crude hole for you to fall down, within the breach.

It's really crappy how inconsistent it is, and has gotten me killed on one or two occasions where I haven't been able to setup a flank as fast as I wanted to, and missed the opportunity. I usually use them to confuse attackers by crafting unconventional routes through the floor below them.

I assume others have had the same experience?

Don't listen to Alpine, don't believe his lies :p

I hate you, I want kool aid now

Haha, me too. :(

They have dropped the ball on some stuff that's hard to wrap your head around. Cannot join a friend's game even if there's room?

lol, wtf?

They whiffed on some things. But they also hit a lot of homeruns. Balance is surprisingly good. Somehow.

My theory is it's a bit of "less is more" combined with a clear, well defined vision for the core gameplay and meta. And in that regard Siege is still compelling, and I suspect will be for some time. Imo at least.

Oh, I agree with you for the most part. Like I said, I still love this game. I love the core vision that they have here and I'll be playing for a long time, I'm sure.

It just blows my mind to see how they have overlooked so many small, but obvious, details(like the party system/joining friends mid-match, as you mentioned).

Thatsbait.gif

Lol, no.

I'm not trying to throw out crazy thoughts to spark a heated discussion or anything.

It's how I feel, sometimes.

Ask most of the PS4 users here that play with me. I love this game and play for hours and hours daily. And, I'm very passionate about this game. Sometimes too much so.
Ask Stat and a few others about last night since I was mad and was being a baby.

KodaRuss

Past two nights have been frustrating on server performance Alpine I am with you on that. Not sure what was going on.

On another note, I was looking at some real pictures of the Japanese SAT (Special Assault Team) and the Brazilian BOPE (Brazilian words that I dont know meaning = Special Police Operations Battalion) from the DLCs coming later this year and the Brazilian one looks sweet as hell.

Their Logo
CAaw4Tc.jpg

There are also quite a few pictures of the BOPE using dogs (German Shepards). Which would be pretty cool if an operator had some sort of gadget related to a dog in the game (it would probably be OP as hell but who cares its a dog).

Here is a picture of the Japanese SAT. Kinda boring overall since they look just like the GIGN for the most part. They seem to always use Zip Ties though haha. Not sure what you could do for a gadget with those...

9TBCFez.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Have all the skins part of the season pass been given out yet or is there more to come?
They aren't even available on PS4, still. Despite being advertised prominently on the PS Store.

It's not exactly scandalous, but jesus... they consistently fumble the most pedestrian, mundane shit. At this point I bet they fuck up something about the Feb content update. I'm just expecting.

They haven't even officially revealed the content... we only know because of leaks! It's a week away... like, wtf?

Past two nights have been frustrating on server performance Alpine I am with you on that. Not sure what was going on.

On another note, I was looking at some real pictures of the Japanese SAT (Special Assault Team) and the Brazilian BOPE (Brazilian words that I dont know meaning = Special Police Operations Battalion) from the DLCs coming later this year and the Brazilian one looks sweet as hell.

Their Logo
CAaw4Tc.jpg

There are also quite a few pictures of the BOPE using dogs (German Shepards). Which would be pretty cool if an operator had some sort of gadget related to a dog in the game (it would probably be OP as hell but who cares its a dog).

Here is a picture of the Japanese SAT. Kinda boring overall since they look just like the GIGN for the most part. They seem to always use Zip Ties though haha. Not sure what you could do for a gadget with those...

9TBCFez.jpg

I very seriously doubt this would happen, but it would be interesting if you could get a big renown bonus for cuffing DBNO enemies.

Top Bottom