• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

etta

my hard graphic balls
Past two nights have been frustrating on server performance Alpine I am with you on that. Not sure what was going on.

On another note, I was looking at some real pictures of the Japanese SAT (Special Assault Team) and the Brazilian BOPE (Brazilian words that I dont know meaning = Special Police Operations Battalion) from the DLCs coming later this year and the Brazilian one looks sweet as hell.

Their Logo
CAaw4Tc.jpg

There are also quite a few pictures of the BOPE using dogs (German Shepards). Which would be pretty cool if an operator had some sort of gadget related to a dog in the game (it would probably be OP as hell but who cares its a dog).

Here is a picture of the Japanese SAT. Kinda boring overall since they look just like the GIGN for the most part. They seem to always use Zip Ties though haha. Not sure what you could do for a gadget with those...

9TBCFez.jpg

You should watch Tropa de Elite.
Everyone should.

Something that's been really irking me is how shotguns only sometimes destroy breachable surfaces in one shot. I'm talking about the square ceiling breaches that you see doted around.

Sometimes these are breached in 1 shot (probably about 70% of the time) other times, the first shot does not work and at this point, no longer will any one shot be able to take the breach down. So you have to spend a minimum of five shotgun shots to make a crude hole for you to fall down, within the breach.

It's really crappy how inconsistent it is, and has gotten me killed on one or two occasions where I haven't been able to setup a flank as fast as I wanted to, and missed the opportunity. I usually use them to confuse attackers by crafting unconventional routes through the floor below them.

I assume others have had the same experience?

Hip fire from a 45-60 degree angle

Past two nights have been frustrating on server performance Alpine I am with you on that. Not sure what was going on.

Thanks, man. Yeah, it's been weird. My ping shows to be strong(it is in every other service), the game feels smooth, but, man, the stuff I'm getting killed with. Sheesh...

On another note, I was looking at some real pictures of the Japanese SAT (Special Assault Team) and the Brazilian BOPE (Brazilian words that I dont know meaning = Special Police Operations Battalion) from the DLCs coming later this year and the Brazilian one looks sweet as hell.

Their Logo
CAaw4Tc.jpg

There are also quite a few pictures of the BOPE using dogs (German Shepards). Which would be pretty cool if an operator had some sort of gadget related to a dog in the game (it would probably be OP as hell but who cares its a dog).

Here is a picture of the Japanese SAT. Kinda boring overall since they look just like the GIGN for the most part. They seem to always use Zip Ties though haha. Not sure what you could do for a gadget with those...

9TBCFez.jpg

Hmmm, that's pretty interesting.

I am excited to see what else they introduce.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Special forces people are hilarious. None of that shit can stop bullets besides the vest, that even normal soldiers and officers wear. The helmets can't even stop bullets unless it's a highly favorable angle or very low calibre. At best the benefit of 90% of that crap is that it's fire retardant (not even fire proof).

They are just playing dress-up.

I love the jeans and sneakers plus practical PPE. It just poignantly flies in the face of Hollywood Halloween costumes.

What I'm saying is... purple shoes, dudes. Purple shoes.

Stat!

They haven't even officially revealed the content... we only know because of leaks! It's a week away... like, wtf?

They really need a better community manager. And a better marketing team.

I'm done with this game for a bit.

Sick and tired of getting killed with nonsense. I soundwhore immensely(as the game is designed in such a way), play my angles, get the drop on people, pour a clip into them/get multiple headshots(only to see in the killcam that they suffered little to no damage), and, boom, I'm the one that dies.

Skill has nothing to do with this game most times. Everything is dragshot central.

Going back to COD, dudebros.

Sorry to hear Alpine. Hopefully, with the patches in a couple weeks it can fix a few things and we can see you back on and guarding my six, my Rainbow Six.

Wait, they are adding new organizations with the new operators? How many operators are we getting then?

Oh 8 operators and 4 CTUs. It's in the OP that I haven't read in a while

hunchback

Last night was horrible. I had one of those nights where I just plain sucked. I did everything by the book. I made sure there was armor for the team, blocked the doors and walls and it didn't matter one bit. I just got steam rolled. I love this game and hate it at the same time.
When are they releasing the new operator's early? I thought they were supposed to release them 2 weeks early if you have the season pass. I can't wait to have some fun with the bear trap.

hao chi

I'll watch later when I have the chance, but I do agree Siege doesn't need a campaign, as I feel the game offers plenty of enjoyment to justify the price. With that being said, I'll be drooling with anticipation if the next R6 game has a campaign. I loved playing through Black Arrow with my brother, and would love to have another game that scratches that itch (I also enjoyed the Vegas games, but I'd rather the next R6 not be that action-heavy).

Wait, they are adding new organizations with the new operators? How many operators are we getting then?

Oh 8 operators and 4 CTUs. It's in the OP that I haven't read in a while

I think it's gonna be:

Canadian JTF-2
American SFOD-D (Delta)

And apparently, the others might be (not sure if they discussed these in the past or what):
Japanese SAT (Special Assault Team)
Brazilian BOPE

When are they releasing the new operator's early? I thought they were supposed to release them 2 weeks early if you have the season pass. I can't wait to have some fun with the bear trap.

2/2

I'll watch later when I have the chance, but I do agree Siege doesn't need a campaign, as I feel the game offers plenty of enjoyment to justify the price. With that being said, I'll be drooling with anticipation if the next R6 game has a campaign. I loved playing through Black Arrow with my brother, and would love to have another game that scratches that itch (I also enjoyed the Vegas games, but I'd rather the next R6 not be they action-heavy).

Oh, I agree--I would love a proper, team-based SP or COOP Rainbow Six campaign, especially given how cool the cinematics are in Siege.

Ranked matchmaking is an absolute JOKE again tonight on PS4. Been online in a group of 5 for almost an hour now and the only game we've had was a 5v1 where the game seemingly shat itself and kicked 4 of the other team before starting. Back to Terrorist Hunt it is.

Fuck you, Ubisoft. All I want to do is play for an hour after work and before I go to bed and I get this shit.

Decided to try casual since we can't get a ranked game. Loaded up immediately and it's total fucking thrash. Every round we played there were TK'rs on the other side reducing the games to 5v1 or 5v2. Casual is pretty much ruined by dickheads now, isn't it?

This fucking game, I swear.

Evolved1

TKers are the game's fault?

People suck, man... and find pleasure in ruining things for other people, or are so self-centered they don't care about ruining things for people.

Welcome to planet earth. Thanks Obam... err... Ubisoft.

matchmaking should work though, you're justified there

Decided to try casual since we can't get a ranked game. Loaded up immediately and it's total fucking thrash. Every round we played there were TK'rs on the other side reducing the games to 5v1 or 5v2. Casual is pretty much ruined by dickheads now, isn't it?

This fucking game, I swear.

i had a couple of team killers in one of the last matches i played (they sounded high as shit and being assholes) but other than that I haven't really had any bad experiences with it. I guess it varies a ton.

KodaRuss

I have been having a mix of everything the past couple nights. Lots of TKers, bad connections, server issues and deaths where I am thinking what the fuck just happened a lot.

Going to see 13 Hours tonight so I will probably be in the mood for some Siege afterwards we'll see.

Valkrai

Wow the networking in this game is absolutely moronic. You connect through to the datacenters and players directly for VOIP, making it easy to find their IP to DDOS. This needs to be changed immediately.

Edit: there's also lag compensation that will completely fuck you if you have more than 150 ping to a server.

Valkrai

^You might have just watched this video, too? Apparently, BO3 does the same thing.

Battle(non)sense did a video on Siege's netcode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZj4c_j9Qs

According to reddit, he was instrumental in getting BF4's netcode fixed/tickrate bumped.

Yeah I just watched it but forgot to link it. I hated Black Ops 3's netcode as well. I hope this helps Ubi to possibly tweak it especially to prevent DDOSing.

Evolved1

I'm glad Chris documented the issue with player orientation... I call bullshit on that more than anything else. It's infuriating at times.

Stat!

Had no idea about some of the stuff that video mentioned. Its legit crazy. Player orientation is just inexcusable. Does ubisoft plan to patch these things on Feb 2nd?

Valkrai

Had no idea about some of the stuff that video mentioned. Its legit crazy. Player orientation is just inexcusable. Does ubisoft plan to patch these things on Feb 2nd?

Who knows? Apparently there's going to be a lot more things besides the new op next tuesday.

Klyka

Banned

well they have been bringing out small patches for network stuff on PC and 2.0 is gonna be a pretty big patch.

I definitely feel that the devs know what needs to be done and will do it. they are very open about communicating what is up.

manhack

Interestingly enough the "pawn rotation" bug was addressed in patch 1.1

Fixed bugs on replication and kill cam:
Fixed: Pawn rotation latency: the difference between a player’s action, the server’s perception and another player seeing said action had an extra delay due to a bug. This had even more impact on shield wielding Operators since sometimes players using those would think they were protected while they were not because of the additional delay caused by the pawn rotation bug.

I have seen it once or twice after the patch and there is no telling how frequent it really is because I only notice it when I get killed by someone who isn't facing me and realize afterward that they were.

Stat!

well they have been bringing out small patches for network stuff on PC and 2.0 is gonna be a pretty big patch.

I definitely feel that the devs know what needs to be done and will do it. they are very open about communicating what is up.

I hope this doesn't come across as snarky, but where do you see this? Would love to follow along as well.

My PS4 keeps on ejecting discs in the middle of games. The problem goes away for long stretches the comes back. I might apart tomorrow. Or get the newer model.

Kalentan

I really hate when someone kills you but you never hear them shoot. Like it's silence and you just die. I don't get it. Not even using a silencer.

XBP

I just started getting that error almost an hour ago. I was on and off all day and everything seemed fine. I wanted to play a few games before bed, oh well. :(

Top Bottom