• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Just doesn't make sense. You can hear a guy crawling around a few rooms down but when a player is putting all his might into smashing a case? Silence. It's silly. Lol. Needs to be like SnD in CoD how you can hear players planting and defusing. Cmon Ubi.

It may be absent to balance the scenario out. If the guy who planted is camping on the other side of the outdoor windows, or even somewhere sneaky such as in a nearby room, it would be all to easy to simply disengage until you hear them bashing the box.

Sectus

People have found a new exploit letting you plant kapkan traps with an invisible laser, or the laser pointing the wrong direction. I've already played a couple of matches against people using the exploit.

iMax

Guess I'm a dick for contesting the objective at the laundry room staircase on Oregon. Match counted down to zero and I stayed there for at least five minutes while he was in the laundry room waiting for me. Then I received the hate mail from the opponents for not coming down.

You got me fucked up if you think I'm gonna go down there letting you have the drop on me. Espeically in ranked. Lol.

Also why the fuck would they patch out the sound of a player destroying the briefcase. It's happened way too many times for it to be a glitch. Don't understand the logic behind that one with the developers but so much for using sound to your advantage.

I don't think it's ever made a defusal sound in multiplayer. Only terrorist hunt.

I don't think it's ever made a defusal sound in multiplayer. Only terrorist hunt.

I'm pretty sure it did when the game released.

Im really starting to not understand the tea bagging uproar. Yea I get it's a little dumb, and it does piss me off when I'm 9-0 and get sprayed down with a shotgun and then tea bagged, but it's not that big of a deal. No one is actually removing their genitals and placing it on anyone. It's a celebratory emote, like a dance in destiny. We are playing an extremely violent and graphic game, simulating something from real life that is horrendous to experience and we are taking offense to someone repeatedly crouching over a downed body? Blood sprays out of people like a Tarrantino movie, but up and down crouching is too much? It's less offensive for someone to go full auto into someone's corpse, usually the face, after a round ends, but "tea bagging" is where the line is drawn? I get it, it's dumb, but come on.

iMax

Im really starting to not understand the tea bagging uproar. Yea I get it's a little dumb, and it does piss me off when I'm 9-0 and get sprayed down with a shotgun and then tea bagged, but it's not that big of a deal. No one is actually removing their genitals and placing it on anyone. It's a celebratory emote, like a dance in destiny. We are playing an extremely violent and graphic game, simulating something from real life that is horrendous to experience and we are taking offense to someone repeatedly crouching over a downed body? Blood sprays out of people like a Tarrantino movie, but up and down crouching is too much? It's less offensive for someone to go full auto into someone's corpse, usually the face, after a round ends, but "tea bagging" is where the line is drawn? I get it, it's dumb, but come on.

It's a game. People are taking this far too seriously.

kvk1

I'm too busy incredulously screeching into the microphone "I GOT A KILL" to be able walk up to anyone in time and teabag them for the kill cam to pick it up.

NeoGiff

I wouldn't have even brought it up if I knew people actually equated a harmless repetitive animation with players physically removing their real-life bollocks from their pants and inserting them into an enemy player's cold dead mouth.

Let me say this. I'm mostly pissed when one of my teammates do it after we win a round. It just makes us look like we haven't ever tasted victory before, lol.

Also, hate when the worst player on the opposing team does it when he's like 0-6. Like, why is he teabagging anyone?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
People have found a new exploit letting you plant kapkan traps with an invisible laser, or the laser pointing the wrong direction. I've already played a couple of matches against people using the exploit.
I've seen it. Confused me at first.

RobNBanks

Banned
Let me say this. I'm mostly pissed when one of my teammates do it after we win a round. It just makes us look like we haven't ever tasted victory before, lol.

Also, hate when the worst player on the opposing team does it when he's like 0-6. Like, why is he teabagging anyone?
Because you're on neogaf crying. It works?

You talk about immaturity yet you're crying on a forum about something that happens in a video game.

I feel bad for your son. Dude is gonna grow up to be softer than baby shit just like his dad

You talk about immaturity yet you're crying on a forum about something that happens in a video game.

I feel bad for your son. Dude is gonna grow up to be softer than baby shit just like his dad

Man, be glad you're on a forum saying this garbage.

Classic keyboard warrior.

Nobody.

So Im starting to rethink one shot headshot kills on all weapons :p

I feel like the game would be better diversified if certain weapons couldn't 1 shot you, especially from certain distances.

Stat!

I hope the second Rainbow Six thread's title is "Where we talk about the merits of teabagging"

What if the country in which the player resides wasn't introduced to tea bagging until the great tea bagging introduction of 2012?

Though its the same reason, why in sports, its generally frowned upon (at least in hockey) by doing this big incredible celebration on a goal because well, act like you've scored before.

It may be absent to balance the scenario out. If the guy who planted is camping on the other side of the outdoor windows, or even somewhere sneaky such as in a nearby room, it would be all to easy to simply disengage until you hear them bashing the box.

I actually agree with this. I get both reasons for introducing the sounds of planting/defusing but I sort of lean towards this idea of if its silent, I guess I think its better for someone to be camping the bomb room as oppose to camping a closet and just waiting to hear the sound.

lordxar

The crew I run with just has fun with teabagging and blendering, both giving and receiving. More for our own amusement than to piss in someone else's cheerios but it is pretty great when the other side does it too. It's like an end zone celebration for shooters. For some reason in CoD or BF4 it felt personal but here its a victory dance. Hell we started rating the quality of the bag and award style points for blender bags, trotting bags, etc.

So Im starting to rethink one shot headshot kills on all weapons :p

I feel like the game would be better diversified if certain weapons couldn't 1 shot you, especially from certain distances.

What's your reasoning? Pistols are difficult to get headshots with, unless your target isn't moving. The view down the sights makes it extremely difficult. Random/lucky shots are going to happen.

I feel that certain weapons shouldn't be one hit kill, but one hit injure. If you have 3 armor character and get shot across the map in the head by a 9mm, you should be DBNO. I am all for headshots being extremely lethal, but sometimes they should just injure and not outright kill.

I feel that certain weapons shouldn't be one hit kill, but one hit injure. If you have 3 armor character and get shot across the map in the head by a 9mm, you should be DBNO. I am all for headshots being extremely lethal, but sometimes they should just injure and not outright kill.

From that range, you know you're getting revived so it might as well not count. If they start screwing with the damage model in this it's going to completely change the game. If you know it's unlikely that a shield guy can't one shot you, people will charge them and always win. If you are being killed by a shield guy squared up with you and he's dropping his shield to aim and headshot you, then that's on you. Always hold your aim like he's going to drop his shield, because he will. People are impatient. Since doing this, I rarely, if ever get dropped by a shield guy.

Look at how difficult and odd it is to kill Rook with armor compared to the other operators. It always feel off because of how much different his health is from everyone else. If you slow your gameplay down you will significantly reduce the amount of times you get randomly headshotted. That's what this game is supposed to be about. Check your corners, use your cameras, crouch. Random kills happen, but reducing the speed you move and checking every area like there's someone there reduces the randomness.

I understand it's frustrating. I've been sniped across the map by the Mac-11 secondary with ACOG attachment and it's infuriating. I think tweaking the damage model will do more harm than good, changing the gameplay style, and eventually what this game is all about. If they added a bullet drop mechanic, which is highly unlikely and judging by the quality of their game I'm sure they couldn't pull off, it would make those shots even more difficult and less likely to happen.

Stat!

People who consistently get auto-kicked for team killing (including terrorist hunt) should honestly have a 1 week ban on the game.

Erban1

Lol got my first ever hate mail after we stomped a team on ps4 Friday night, got accused of modding the game.

And I agree with Gimlet, there should be some variation depending on the gun, armor level and whether or not the bullet had to pass through a surface. That would probably require a complete overhaul of their ballistics simulation though.

NeoGiff

Klyka, after watching a lot of your videos, I've started using Twitch a lot more. She can be so effective at just annoying the hell out of the enemy team. I actually killed Pulse in this round and pretty much chipped most of Smoke's health away while keeping them pinned down for my team to come in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtR6jOVnfLc

Also, what the hell happened here? Why were the bodies floating in slo-mo through the air? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNW2IYSAFwo

Lol got my first ever hate mail after we stomped a team on ps4 Friday night, got accused of modding the game.

And I agree with Gimlet, there should be some variation depending on the gun, armor level and whether or not the bullet had to pass through a surface. That would probably require a complete overhaul of their ballistics simulation though.

Why tho? How would this game be different than any of the shooters at that point? Is it to avoid the random shot from across the map?

I'm just trying to understand the argument here, and if people think this isn't going to have huge ramifications to how the game will be played. Maybe it's important too to distinguish which platform we are discussing as well. The PC couldn't be more different from the console versions.

Menthuss

I understand it's frustrating. I've been sniped across the map by the Mac-11 secondary with ACOG attachment and it's infuriating. I think tweaking the damage model will do more harm than good, changing the gameplay style, and eventually what this game is all about. If they added a bullet drop mechanic, which is highly unlikely and judging by the quality of their code I'm sure they couldn't pull off, it would make those shots even more difficult and less likely to happen.

Unless you've actually seen the source code for Siege this is a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

Klyka

Banned
Klyka, after watching a lot of your videos, I've started using Twitch a lot more. She can be so effective at just annoying the hell out of the enemy team. I actually killed Pulse in this round and pretty much chipped most of Smoke's health away while keeping them pinned down for my team to come in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtR6jOVnfLc

Also, what the hell happened here? Why were the bodies floating in slo-mo through the air? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNW2IYSAFwo

Nice man, always happy to hear the Twitch love!

Man, the drone is so much more useful on console compared to PC. On PC they flick their wrist and immediately shoot you down,on console they take quite some effort to kill.

Unless you've actually seen the source code for Siege this is a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

You're right, I'm just judging by the amount of problems with the game. Core components of the game. That they haven't managed to fix after two months. Since they are directly related to their code, it's safe to assume that it was coded, right, I don't think it's ridiculous to say at all.

Teabagging is the inevitable conclusion of devs removing animated taunts from games.

Rook thoughts: I see people camp with Rook a lot at the objective, proned or crouched behind a shield or something and I think that's the wrong way to go about it. I've been using him as an up front defender holding a hallway or angle strafing back and forth as that gets you mostly body hits which Rook is really good at taking. Sitting stationary which opens you up for quick headshots just reduces his advantage of being tanky as hell.

Menthuss

You're right, I'm just judging by the amount of problems with the game. Core components of the game. That they haven't managed to fix after two months. Since they are directly related to their code, it's safe to assume that it was coded, right, I don't think it's ridiculous to say at all.

Just because there are bugs doesn't mean they have poorly written code. Software development is a hell of a lot more complex than you think it is.

The crew I run with just has fun with teabagging and blendering, both giving and receiving. More for our own amusement than to piss in someone else's cheerios but it is pretty great when the other side does it too. It's like an end zone celebration for shooters. For some reason in CoD or BF4 it felt personal but here its a victory dance. Hell we started rating the quality of the bag and award style points for blender bags, trotting bags, etc.

So, uh, what is blendering, and trotting bags?

Erban1

Why tho? How would this game be different than any of the shooters at that point? Is it to avoid the random shot from across the map?

I'm just trying to understand the argument here, and if people think this isn't going to have huge ramifications to how the game will be played. Maybe it's important too to distinguish which platform we are discussing as well. The PC couldn't be more different from the console versions.

Having been on both sides of spray and pray or hip fired headshots behind a shield from a decent distance it sucks at times. I've had way too many instances of mindlessly spraying to supress a guy in an entirely different room and get a lucky headshot that had to pass through multiple surfaces to get there. A clean headshot with a higher caliber weapon should absolutely be a OHK. I think many of us are wishing there was a bit more nuance to the current model, a pistol in game terms shouldn't have the same stopping power as a rifle at range, but it's clearly the case here. You don't think modifying damage based on penetration, round size and difference wouldn't widen the skill gap?

I'm on ps4 and have had quite a few OHK's that didn't feel earned.

Just because there are bugs doesn't mean they have poorly written code. Software development is a hell of a lot more complex than you think it is.

Yea, I do software development. I'm new to the game, but get what goes into this. I think you're reading just a bit too much into a word (that could be exchanged with game, you're looking for attention and know exactly what I'm talking about) and don't think you need to be offended for Ubisoft. They put out a pretty buggy product that launched with issues to most of its core components. I'll edit the post to reflect the fact that the state of the game (code, engine, budget, team size, whatever is to blame) does not give much confidence to them being able to implement a working bullet drop component.

Having been on both sides of spray and pray or hip fired headshots behind a shield from a decent distance it sucks at times. I've had way too many instances of mindlessly spraying to supress a guy in an entirely different room and get a lucky headshot that had to pass through multiple surfaces to get there. A clean headshot with a higher caliber weapon should absolutely be a OHK. I think many of us are wishing there was a bit more nuance to the current model, a pistol in game terms shouldn't have the same stopping power as a rifle at range, but it's clearly the case here. You don't think modifying damage based on penetration, round size and difference wouldn't widen the skill gap?

I'm on ps4 and have had quite a few OHK's that didn't feel earned.

I think the damage model is intended to represent realism to some extent (the helmet argument is something different) and a headshot should be one hit kill. A bullet drop component would at least make those headshots more difficult to pull off. I watch the use of ACOGs now and see that to be as lucky and off-putting as a long range pistol headshot. They are aiming around the head, holding the trigger, and hoping that one of those shots land.

I can see modifying it based on penetration. That makes sense. The bullet is going to slow, spin and break apart and shouldn't carry the same damage through wood or a wall. I do think it'll widen the skill gap, but it'll change the game. When playing on PC the skill gap seems to be focused on quickly spraying the head of the opponent. It's a fast paced game. On consoles the skill gap is based on precise movement and strategy. I like it because it's a close representation of "real-life". You have to check every corner, think through every move, have your team watch every window, or you could be killed by a much less skilled opponent. The skill gap takes into account preventing yourself to be killed by someone who sprays and prays. You can't always stop it.

How is the pistol worse than a shotgun getting spammed in a hallway? That takes much less skill than hitting someone from across the map with a pistol. I run most of my guns on single shot until I'm in the building. I should be able to one shot someone at any point. I shouldn't have to worry about whether my MP5 is going to kill someone at a certain distance when I've got a headshot. Think about how it'll change people camping windows, or other things.

I agree with you that it sucks, and the MAC-11 is infuriating with an ACOG, but if they start playing with removing the OHK it'll widen the skill-gap, but it'll be a different game and different skill-gap.

Flunkie

Banned
all other games' shooting and satisfaction (of good shots, blood splatter, and the like) feels like crap now compared to this game

No Love

Banned
Man, I thought the TLOU online community was douchey. This game's community is straight douchebag central.

Teabaggers everywhere. And for what? To prove what everyone already knows? That you're a douche?

Teabagging actually seems to be a joke in this game, nobody takes it seriously. It's hilarious to just see a room of random guys teabagging the air when they win.

Wow really? You had to personally attack him over a discussion on teabagging? Fuck off with that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Quality stuff here. Not surprised you're a teabagger.

tell that immature jackass how it is man

fight him over teabagging someone who you dont even know in a video game

teach him how to be an ADULT

I think Cam Newton would say that if you don't like be tea bagged then you shouldn't let them kill you.

Animator

If you care about teabagging in games and it gets you this mad you have some issues you need to take care of.

tbagging is stupid but harmless. The worst is when people shake the mouse around after getting the winning killcam, that makes me want to kill them and everything they love.

tell that immature jackass how it is man

fight him over teabagging someone who you dont even know in a video game

teach him how to be an ADULT

Are you serious?

Dude attacked my son. Say what you will about me but why bring my son up?

I was having a discussion and stating my opinion. Nothing more.

baby

maybe you shouldntve used your kid to talk shit on the internet in the first place then

"i tried to insult someone by comparing him to my 12 year old son, and he insulted my parenting skills and role as a father figure! what a terrible person!"

Animator

Why dont you guys take a break from posting and go play siege or whatever else it is you do to relax? This thread was pretty good so far we can do without stupid back and forth arguments.

RobNBanks

Banned
The fuck is this BS. Yeah teabagging is immature, but you know what else is? Lording superiority and cheap shot attacks on family.

FFS.

as opposed to lording superiority and cheap shops by using family? Not to mention the insults from the start, but that's okay I guess?

I'm out this thread after this, but maybe don't insult people for something they do in a video game, bring your family into it all on your own and then get surprised when said family is used against you.

Top Bottom