• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
maybe you shouldntve used your kid to talk shit on the internet in the first place then

"i tried to insult someone by comparing him to my 12 year old son, and he insulted my parenting skills and role as a father figure! what a terrible person!"
He was way out of line getting so personal and you're being just as gross defending it. This isn't fucking reddit, give it a rest.

NeoGiff

I should never have brought it up. There are clearly a lot of people who are for some reason (incomprehensibly so, to myself and others) massively offended by people mashing the crouch button in a videogame.

I'm hereby retracting my balls. I am putting my balls away.

HiiiLife

I don't think it's ever made a defusal sound in multiplayer. Only terrorist hunt.

Couldve swore it was in the beta, and when the game first launched. It's been silent since.

It may be absent to balance the scenario out. If the guy who planted is camping on the other side of the outdoor windows, or even somewhere sneaky such as in a nearby room, it would be all to easy to simply disengage until you hear them bashing the box.

That's actually what I was doing when I was the only one left on my team VS 2 other players. Had 2 different entry points and attempted to watch one hallway while listening to the other so I can have "eyes" on both sides. Guess Ubi felt differently about that when one guy ninja defused it while I downed the other. I just don't agree with taking sound out for that. I think the sound for planting can still be heard? Idk. It still makes beeping noises.

Couldve swore it was in the beta, and when the game first launched. It's been silent since.

That's actually what I was doing when I was the only one left on my team VS 2 other players. Had 2 different entry points and attempted to watch one hallway while listening to the other so I can have "eyes" on both sides. Guess Ubi felt differently about that when one guy ninja defused it while I downed the other. I just don't agree with taking sound out for that. I think the sound for planting can still be heard? Idk. It still makes beeping noises.

I thought so too. I really don't get why it's not in there.

HiiiLife

What does it look like? I haven't seen anything weird on Xbox one yet.

Castle permanently places a barricade at a doorway so you can't mantle over it. You basically have to either use an Ash round just to knock the barricade down, or a frag. Wasting either when you could potentially change the tide of a round with those. Especially Ashs round.

Kapkan glitch is the laser being invisible. So players basically leave the door unblocked while you walk through thinking there isn't shit there because well, they glitched the tripmine to be invisible. You can still see the screw but the obvious part (a bright ass red laser) is gone. Watch out for all the entry points basically.

Grimsen

12.gif

Castle permanently places a barricade at a doorway so you can't mantle over it. You basically have to either use an Ash round just to knock the barricade down, or a frag. Wasting either when you could potentially change the tide of a round with those. Especially Ashs round.

Kapkan glitch is the laser being invisible. So players basically leave the door unblocked while you walk through thinking there isn't shit there because well, they glitched the tripmine to be invisible. You can still see the screw but the obvious part (a bright ass red laser) is gone. Watch out for all the entry points basically.

Great. I've seen the Castle thing but not the Kapkan.

Just got done winning a casual match. Kapkan glitch got 3 for 1 kill, ez. Teabag'd every kill even when they weren't mine.

Anyone up for a gaf game about 10pm est?

Kapkan, WHAT are you DOING!??!!!11!
Love the animations in this game.

Lol, what is he doing? Is he bending the laser??

I like the prone/drone animation. I took screenshots of my buddies doing it in weird places and make fun of them with it all the time. You look like a teenage girl texting.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Lol, what is he doing? Is he bending the laser??

I like the prone/drone animation. I took screenshots of my buddies doing it in weird places and make fun of them with it all the time. You look like a teenage girl texting.
His body was rotated on the horizontal axis by 90 degrees so when he was crouching to plant his booby traps, it looked like he was face planting on the floor lmao.

That is decent matchmaking since casual doesn't care about rank. That's why it is called casual. When you hit lvl 20 go ranked if you want skill based matchmaking.

Not going to retain a community with that mindset. If they're going to lock us out of a skill based playlist for 10+ hours then they needed a Rookie playlist or something. If the numbers couldn't retain that, then fine, but they didn't eve try.

Not that most high level players give a shit, they don't want a fair fight.

Drewfonse

Nice to see they didn't even attempt decent matchmaking for casual. Always nice to see level 3s against 96s. Fun.

Yeah, I'm seeing more and more wildly mismatched games. And my post Christmas "new players don't know what the fuck they're doing so it makes me look better than I actually am" boost seems to have worn off. With a vengeance. I see someone, I'm dead. Normally instantly and sometimes silently. Heart attack city. Tick rate on Xbox one still giving issues?

KodaRuss

Not going to retain a community with that mindset. If they're going to lock us out of a skill based playlist for 10+ hours then they needed a Rookie playlist or something. If the numbers couldn't retain that, then fine, but they didn't eve try.

Part of the idea of casual is to learn how to play the game by your team teaching you how but also watching the opposing team. If they put a team of low levels against another team of low levels you really are not going to learn much about the meta or how the game functions very well. They have kill cams on casual so you can learn from your mistakes, ya it sucks in the beginning but you will be better for it.

As for 10+ hours that is not accurate to get to level 20 (Maybe half that?), also you can join someone that is over level 20 and play Ranked immediately.

Pachimari

Operation Black Ice releases tomorrow? What does it include?

I should complete all of the training mode missions, and unlock all of the operators. I'm seriously behind.

Valkrai

Operation Black Ice releases tomorrow? What does it include?

I should complete all of the training mode missions, and unlock all of the operators. I'm seriously behind.

As far as we know:

2 New Operators: Buck (Attackers) Frost (Defenders)
1 New Map (Yacht)
New Skins

and fixes for top bugs on the Ubi forum.

KodaRuss

As far as we know:

2 New Operators: Buck (Attackers) Frost (Defenders)
1 New Map (Yacht)
New Skins

and fixes for top bugs on the Ubi forum.

I hope it includes Article 5 as a map as well. Two new maps to play in MP would be great.

Regardless, really excited for the yacht map.

Animator

Game retained a community just fine with that mindset. Go play thunt if you need to learn the game mechanics before you hop on mp. In mp you have to play with a group anyway and they will show you the ropes.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
This game may be the best mp I've played in awhile. Noted it's quite dependent on who is on your team or whatever. I got it on Friday and managed up to clearance 11 in about a day while learning everything. I was fortunate enough to get taken on by a group of guys who had some patience with my general lack of skills early on. But holy crap I don't think I've ever felt more pressure in a mp game that first time I got stuck by myself against 4 enemies and had to skulk around looking for an opening Jesus it is intense.
If any gaffers are still going on ps4 and are willing to deal with my limited but growing skill set msg me.

Psn id: jjtae13

I'm stoked to get back in when I have off time.

I find sort of getting thrown into the fire with good players helps me learn the game much faster. I haven't played Rainbow 6 since the PSOne but I'm standing toe-to-toe with much better players and topping the leaderboards sometimes.

This game may be the best mp I've played in awhile. Noted it's quite dependent on who is on your team or whatever. I got it on Friday and managed up to clearance 11 in about a day while learning everything. I was fortunate enough to get taken on by a group of guys who had some patience with my general lack of skills early on. But holy crap I don't think I've ever felt more pressure in a mp game that first time I got stuck by myself against 4 enemies and had to skulk around looking for an opening Jesus it is intense.
If any gaffers are still going on ps4 and are willing to deal with my limited but growing skill set msg me.

I'll send you a request :)

hollerphonix

Neo Member
I find sort of getting thrown into the fire with good players helps me learn the game much faster. I haven't played Rainbow 6 since the PSOne but I'm standing toe-to-toe with much better players and topping the leaderboards sometimes.

After years of cod it feels good to have actual challenge now something that requires communication and tactical thinking. At this rate idk if I'll be capable of going back to the usual mp games.

Stat!

You should get added into the GAF message thread. Usually, we always have people going and looking to fill up.

Having a good team that communicates will usually beat a great team that doesn't.

4 maps for 2016 (Not including the Article 5 map)

I wish it was more but I can't complain since its free. I wish we got more new content overall though. There aren't any maps that I dislike however.

Top Bottom