• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Really starting to love the game. So goddamn tense! However, one critique is that I need to be fucking level 20 for ranked play! I'm level 7 atm and it's Gna take a while to get to level 20. They should've made it level 10 something. I get that they want people to learn how to play the game before they jump into ranked games but level 20 is stupidly high. I've put about 4 hours jn and I'm level 7. Don't they know people have jobs?

Trust me, there's so much to learn in this game, even at level 20 assuming you had just played a single map nonstop to reach that point you would still have a lot to learn. The game has so much hidden depth.

Trust me, there's so much to learn in this game, even at level 20 assuming you had just played a single map nonstop to reach that point you would still have a lot to learn. The game has so much hidden depth.

I completely agree, level 20 is not enough. 11 maps to learn, 3 games each = many locations for the objective. Many trap doors. Unless you know the maps like the back of your hand, you won't go far in ranked. Peaker's advantage in ranked is key, so you must know where most objects are that can give cover to enemy. After 150+ hours, I've just learned last week that you can block vents with the rook armor.. never thought about doing it. If you do wish to play ranked before rank 20, you can. All you need is a party leader to hit that ranked button as long as he's level 20+, but given that you didn't know that I believe you play solo.

any news of next dlc operators/map?

Next DLC: Navy SEAL/DEVGRU
Attacker is a male with a mini-shield that attaches to his SMG to protect torso/head. Potentially has a Nitro Cell.

Defender is a female with deployable cameras.

DLC after that (not much known): Brazilian BOPE
Attacker is a male with some kind of grappling hook/deployable ladder. Suspected uses is getting access to indoor balconies/ledges and trap doors.

Defender is another trap-type Operator.

Are you able to combine deployable shields with the Tachanka? I haven't seen this happen but it sounds like a great idea.

Yes, you can set one up in front of him.

The problem with Tachanka is that, once you know where he is, he's as good as dead. Peaking headshot > immobile defender.

Yes, you can set one up in front of him.

The problem with Tachanka is that, once you know where he is, he's as good as dead. Peaking headshot > immobile defender.

Yeah that's why I've never picked him and probably why not many do. I think he needs a buff but I'm not sure what to do. My gut reaction is that he's wearing this giant helmet so he should be able to take more than one headshot but they've probably already tried something similar.

Erban1

Yeah that's why I've never picked him and probably why not many do. I think he needs a buff but I'm not sure what to do. My gut reaction is that he's wearing this giant helmet so he should be able to take more than one headshot but they've probably already tried something similar.

His issue is how hard it is to put down the gun, if that was adjusted he'd be a lot more useful. I stopped trying once I realized how limited placement options are and he's unlikely to get substantial use from anyone until that changes.

Klyka

Banned
His issue is how hard it is to put down the gun, if that was adjusted he'd be a lot more useful. I stopped trying once I realized how limited placement options are and he's unlikely to get substantial use from anyone until that changes.

The fucking gun needs to be:

1) WAY faster at deploying
2) If he deploys he needs to be ON the gun after deploying,you shouldn't have to hold F again for it
3) WAY faster to pick up.

Basically, Tachanka should be mobile and be able to put down,fire, pick up and move his gun smoothly.

Stat!

Just in general, I know there is an animation but I would love a green circle vs. red circle when you are able to place it down. Would make deploying a lot easier as often you spend too long trying to get it right.

frontovik

Banned
I'm thinking of purchasing this for the PC; but a price tag of $79.99 CAD is a tad steep for me currently. However, I have been wanting to satisfy a tactical FPS craving for awhile, I have no interest in Battlefield, CS:GO, or the recent CoDs.

Is the game still worth playing on uPlay? My main concerns are wallhacks and cheaters, as they were rampant in CoD.

I'm thinking of purchasing this for the PC; but a price tag of $79.99 CAD is a tad steep for me currently. However, I have been wanting to satisfy a tactical FPS craving for awhile, I have no interest in Battlefield, CS:GO, or the recent CoDs.

Is the game still worth playing on uPlay? My main concerns are wallhacks and cheaters, as they were rampant in CoD.

Aw man, you're a few days late. There was a deal on HyperX Cloud II headphones with a PC copy of R6 Siege for $70 USD.

Klyka

Banned

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-siege-pc-cd-key-uplay

56 canadian dollars.
and you can go to their facebook and get a code for 5% off.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The fucking gun needs to be:

1) WAY faster at deploying
2) If he deploys he needs to be ON the gun after deploying,you shouldn't have to hold F again for it
3) WAY faster to pick up.

Basically, Tachanka should be mobile and be able to put down,fire, pick up and move his gun smoothly.
Yup.

Couple tips though, as things are:

Do not deploy the gun during recon phase. Re-deploy if spotted or you get a kill. Don't get greedy. Learn all the deployments on an empty server. 1 Barbed wire in your anticipated killzone, 1 wire as a sound warning on your most vulnerable flank. Gun is good bait, attackers will often jump on it, if it has LOS on the objective. When I'm using it as bait, I put barbed wire behind the gun so I can hear them near/on it. (tbh this has only worked a couple times) but tbf I don't try it often either.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I happened to pick Tachanka once today for a laugh because all my favorite defenders were taken. I put the stupid gun in front of a castle barricaded window after finally being able to put it down after 10 seconds of fiddling. It was like a meter in front of the window. Window got Ashe'd, gun immediately destroyed. GG 0/10, never playing Tachanka again

Evolved1

I think deployment and tear down speed is fine as is tbh... they just need to let you deply the thing anywhere the legs actually fit, without all the fiddling or being blocked altogether.

lol

I've only met one good Tachanka player, but she was good, all-around, and we made sure she always had flanks covered and reinforced walls.

Evolved1

lol

I've only met one good Tachanka player, but she was good, all-around, and we made sure she always had flanks covered and reinforced walls.
He is very fun imo if you play him as a mobile ambusher.

Good headphones are required though.

Good headphones are required though.

That reminds me: reposting this "5 Tips to Improve Your Skill" video from Serenity.

First tip is related to how sound works in Siege. Sometimes I think the sound is a little wonky, but key is understanding that it travels and bounces off walls. It's very realistic but can be frustrating, sometimes, when it comes to gameplay.

Regardless, *anytime* I play Siege (even if I'm feeling super lazy and don't want to voice chat), I use my headphones. Sound is too important.

That reminds me: reposting this "5 Tips to Improve Your Skill" video from Serenity.

First tip is related to how sound works in Siege. Sometimes I think the sound is a little wonky, but key is understanding that it travels and bounces off walls. It's very realistic but can be frustrating, sometimes, when it comes to gameplay.

Regardless, *anytime* I play Siege (even if I'm feeling super lazy and don't want to voice chat), I use my headphones. Sound is too important.

I wonder if you shoot or make small holes in wall will it help with the sound?

X
--------------------------- -----
I O I

If x = enemy shooting/making sound and o is you. you hear the sound coming from the right.
What if you shoot a couple of holes at the top of the wall will the sound come out of those holes?

Wish I could find the quote, it may have been from a podcast interview, but I remember hearing the developers expected the main goal of the game, based on the premise, is to eliminate the enemy team and the objectives were ancillary to that. It also explains why there aren't a slew of online modes at this stage.

Not saying I wouldn't like more emphasis on PTFO, especially since you can steal wins from the other team when they aren't focused.
That's fair. I mean, I kind of poke fun at the developers for titling each game mode "TDM dash" but I suppose that's the best way to communicate what's happening.

I guess my frustration is that some times it feels like defenses centered around the objective are pointless (like barbed wire around a hostage) because it's never going to come to that.

Still, I deeply appreciate the uniqueness of this game.

That's fair. I mean, I kind of poke fun at the developers for titling each game mode "TDM dash" but I suppose that's the best way to communicate what's happening.

I guess my frustration is that some times it feels like defenses centered around the objective are pointless (like barbed wire around a hostage) because it's never going to come to that.

Think of it like that game in Harry Potter. 90% of the team is going to be fighting each other, but there's that 10% chance you'll get the gold thing and win it straight up.

I think Bomb promotes more of the objective playstyle than others. Probably why it's the only game mode for tournaments. Personally I don't like bomb but it's a really good challenge. Using the defuser to lure out defenders in the meeting room in the plane, using cross fire from the exit of the front on the plane and another next to the couches.

I can't wait to play tonight..

OG Kush

Ok I take back what I said. I fully agree with you guys with the 20 level required for ranked. There's so much depth to these maps. Before the game came out i even complained about only 4 dlc maps but now I understand why. They're so detailed and intricate.
Goddamn I'm officially addicted to this game. At first I even got annoyed that I didn't have a good enough PC and had to play on ps4 as I much appreciate mouse and keyboard for tactical competitive shooters but I've come to like the slower pace that the ps4 controller forces on matches. I also appreciate the reduced aim assist compared to other console shooters.

Klyka

Banned
Ok I take back what I said. I fully agree with you guys with the 20 level required for ranked. There's so much depth to these maps. Before the game came out i even complained about only 4 dlc maps but now I understand why. They're so detailed and intricate.
Goddamn I'm officially addicted to this game. At first I even got annoyed that I didn't have a good enough PC and had to play on ps4 as I much appreciate mouse and keyboard for tactical competitive shooters but I've come to like the slower pace that the ps4 controller forces on matches. I also appreciate the reduced aim assist compared to other console shooters.

There is actually no aim assist at all in the multiplayer

OG Kush

This is a common reaction to this game :D

Yeah at the beginning I was getting annoyed at certain things, mainly having to use a PS4 controller! But after a few hours its clicked and all I want to do is play it. I don't even have a mic and still loving it. That is one thing I miss is being able to type in the chat for console games. Saves me having to plug in a mic when I cant be arsed.

Speaking of which, anyone know any good, not expensive, mics for PS4?

mindblown.gif

I should have expected this knowing it's Siege. I really should get headphones. I'm currently using a Dynx 720p TV that has crap built in speakers and I can't even have volume turned up too high. Also my mic sucks. I feel like a good pair of headphones would help quite a bit but everything is so damn expensive and apparently the PS4 gold's suck in terms of build quality

mindblown.gif

I should have expected this knowing it's Siege. I really should get headphones. I'm currently using a Dynx 720p TV that has crap built in speakers and I can't even have volume turned up too high. Also my mic sucks. I feel like a good pair of headphones would help quite a bit but everything is so damn expensive and apparently the PS4 gold's suck in terms of build quality

Don't go cheap with headphones! I regret both of my TurtleBeach.. The Astros A40 though is amazing. Not sure about the mic though, I have it turned down really low, I've had people saying I'm too loud? Anyone has issues with my mic on ps4?

Don't go cheap with headphones! I regret both of my TurtleBeach.. The Astros A40 though is amazing. Not sure about the mic though, I have it turned down really low, I've had people saying I'm too loud? Anyone has issues with my mic on ps4?

I second this. Two different Turtle Beach sets broke on me.

My Astro A40 TRs are amazing. Of course they should be.

Mike, your mic sounds fine to me. What about mine?

I'm using the Sony gold headset right now. Pretty great wireless set for the price. Not top of the line but like I said, amazing for the price and being wireless.

andycapps

mindblown.gif

I have the Turtle Beach PX-22's that I hooked up to a DSS. I also have the PlayStation Gold headset. The former is wired, but the cord is really long so it doesn't bother me. The sound on the Turtle Beach is better and I like that it has a mixer and an input for my phone if I want to listen to something from there.

Erban1

Rockin the golds, nice sound for not too much money. You've gotta be careful with them because the hinge isn't the sturdiest but i'm overall satisfied with them.

I'm officially an ACOG believer now, I'm getting way more headshots and love not having to worry about the sun as much

Rockin the golds, nice sound for not too much money. You've gotta be careful with them because the hinge isn't the sturdiest but i'm overall satisfied with them.

I'm officially an ACOG believer now, I'm getting way more headshots and love not having to worry about the sun as much

The Golds are great. I just had two break on me(and I take great care of my stuff) and figured it was time to move on.

ACOG is for chumps. :p

For all guns? Both Attacking and Defending? I personnaly only put it on the Mac-11 cause it's OP. I also have one on the L85 for thatcher, I switch from Holo on AR33 to ACOG on L85 depending on the rounds. Used to have it on the Carbine for Jager but since I roam alot I didn't like it in CQC. Also have it on the Famas, can't go wrong with that one.

NeoGiff

That dead stare.

xEwo9sX.jpg

Top Bottom