• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random Canadian Deals

EbGames:
Trade in any 5 PS2/Xbox/GC games and get $100 off a new console (Xbox/ps2/GC).
Max Payne (Ps2, Xbox): $9,99

Socreges

Banned
42e0c256.gif

Your avatar is going to completely ruin that scene for me. No complaint would be fair without an alternative:

banana.jpg

It's a banana.

6.8 said:
EbGames:
Trade in any 5 PS2/Xbox/GC games and get $100 off a new console (Xbox/ps2/GC).
Max Payne (Ps2, Xbox): $9,99

I didn't hear about the trade in 5 games and get $100 off a new console deal. :eek:
I was going to do that trade 3 PS2/Xbox/GC games for a new copy of Spiderman 2 deal like how I got my Twin Snakes, but I realized I didn't really want the game (can't believe I actually resisted enough to not get in on a deal like this :p).

Leshita said:
I didn't hear about the trade in 5 games and get $100 off a new console deal. :eek:
I was going to do that trade 3 PS2/Xbox/GC games for a new copy of Spiderman 2 deal like how I got my Twin Snakes, but I realized I didn't really want the game (can't believe I actually resisted enough to not get in on a deal like this :p).

Yeah, I saw "BUY A GC FOR $40!" and I had to enquire with my online buds to see what the deal was all about.

Damn straight. I'll try to grab myself a GC over this deal for the weekend. I didn't plan to buy one before, but at that price ($40), it's a cheap dust collector ( ;) ).

Here's what my online-ebclerk-bud had to say:

"As for how our own store is handling the promotion, any 5 PS2/Cube/X-Box games will get you $100 CDN off any system you buy, be it new, refubished or preowned, so long as the games have manual/box, and, if they're sports titles, they must be the most recently released in that series. This unfortunately applies to all racing, wrestling and extreme sports titles too. Otherwise, even Platinum/Greatest hits should be fine. "

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Kabuki Waq said:
you got ripped off man its much cheaper in ever store i have seen it in.

I went to futureshop and EB that day (was looking for Tales of Symphonia to no avail) and they all had RSC2 for 59.99. *shrug*

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm... if this were to be offered as a deal here in the USA, and I could get a preorder for the Metroid Prime GC bundle w/ the demo disc...

miyuru

Did anyone get in on that Tales of Symphonia deal at BB? It was only $50 CDN until this past Sunday. I totally didn't hear about it...

GG-Duo said:
Can you tell me more about this EB Games deal, or is that all there is to it?

I will be taking care of it this weekend. I'll be getting a GC (with MP unbundled), and I'll post about if they have any restrictions on the trade-in games at all.

jenov4

I have a bunch of 1st generation PS2 games that I wouldn't mind trading in for a GBA NES. Would they take really ancient stuff like Ridge Racer and such?

I don't know. I'm not even sure if you can do that for the GBA. I'll be trading in:

Silent Hill 3
Wipeout Fusion (bougth pre-owned)
Contra:SS
Max Payne II (bought last week for $10 from them)
and the fifth on has yet to be decided.

I'll give you guys a status update tommorrow. ;)

GG-Duo

Uhh I'll probably just call 'em later today. but keep us updated

It's not every game, but it's a pretty big list.

They didn't give me a list, so I bought all of my ps2/xbox games I knew I wouldn't play anymore (or make a profit out of what I had paid for it), that was 10 games in total. None of them had a trade-in value of more than $20, but those that qualified for the promotion (I remember seeing MaxPayneII, DE:IW, and Mark of Kri in there) got their values boosted to $20.

Anyway, with the rest of my trade-ins, I finally bought a Platinum GC for $0.01. And they gave away a copy of Dave Mirra 2 with it. How cool is that?

Future Shop
Prices in effect Jul 29 - Aug 04, 2004.

GC
System + Free Soul Calibur II arcade stick $139.99
Pandora Tomorrow $59.99
Tales of Symphonia $59.99

Xbox
GTA Double Pack $59.99
Halo $44.99

GBA
Mario Golf: Advance Tour $29.99

Wow, pretty strange deals from Futureshop Canada and Best Buy Canada, guys:

Futureshop - August 6th Only:

1. Buy DOOM3 ($69.99)
2. Get Star Wars: KOTOR (PC) for free
3. First ten customers also get Creative Labs Audigy LS for ~$25 bucks (they say free but then the small print says "After $20 USD mail in rebate)

Best Buy - August 6th Only:

1. Buy DOOM3 ($69.99)
2. Get Deus Ex: Invisible War (PC) for free

trippingmartian said:
Future Shop
Prices in effect Jul 29 - Aug 04, 2004.

GC
System + Free Soul Calibur II arcade stick $139.99
Pandora Tomorrow $59.99
Tales of Symphonia $59.99

Xbox
GTA Double Pack $59.99
Halo $44.99

GBA
Mario Golf: Advance Tour $29.99

Those are sales? :(

I bought my cube using the EB deal, which made it so that it cost me a cent only. EB Cube deal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FS/BB Cube deal.

I know $10 is $10, but it's not what would make me buy those games. :(

Top Bottom