• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank 3 Beta E-Mails

Mairu

You meet all of the requirements and have been invited to participate in the online public beta test for SCEA’s Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

I hope I get in! :eek:

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
argh, I would trade all other beta opportunities I've had for this one

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Damn, they're beta testing this puppy early. I guess this one is gonna be more important (like balancing the gameplay and stuff rather than doing stress tests). Oh well, I'm happy with my HSGFore beta (btw when is that second email coming?

DMczaf said:
Pfft, who needs R&C3 or Hot Shots Golf Fore when you have MONSTER HUNTER!!!

:(

It ain't like you were gonna play it anyway :p

DMczaf

It ain't like you were gonna play it anyway :p

For your information, I love HSG and R&C!

I hate online RPGs though, and thats what I always get! I need to uncheck RPGs on my profile...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DMczaf said:
For your information, I love HSG and R&C!

I hate online RPGs though, and thats what I always get! I need to uncheck RPGs on my profile...

Haha, FFXI and Monster Hunter sucka!

Ryu

I recieved this beta signup and Monster Hunter. Though I ignored Monster Hunter as I'm not interested, I'm definitely not passing this one up.

levious

From the Playstation Underground FAQ

6. Is it possible to participate in more than one online beta test program?
No, it is encouraged that you focus on one test at a time.

So does that mean if we got in to Hot Shots beta test, then we won't get invited to R&C? That would suck.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
levious said:
So does that mean if we got in to Hot Shots beta test, then we won't get invited to R&C? That would suck.

Since it appears the two betas are gonna be performed at the same time, looks like you won't get in R&C3

levious

hey wario, if you log into Playstation Underground site and click on Beta Program link it will tell you what you're enrolled in. It says HSG beta starts today, so I guess we won't be getting a second email, just the disc in the mail.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ok, now the beta tab shows up when I go through that page. Weird. I guess we should expect betas by next week then

Arcticfox

You are enrolled in the following Beta Program.

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal Public Beta
SCEA
Beta Start 6/30/04 - Beta End 8/13/04

That was quick. I can't wait to try this game, but I hope it doesn't interfere with my chances of getting into a future Gran Turismo 4 beta.

Tabris

You are enrolled in the following Beta Program.

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal Public Beta
SCEA
Beta Start 6/30/04 - Beta End 8/13/04

I rather be in Hot Shots Golf Fore (what a lame title btw)

Rockman said:
So if we are already currently testing monster hunter we wont get this? Fucking hell

Sorry. Only one beta at a time.

If you try to register for another beta, using the link in the emails you get this message:

"Error

We're sorry, but we'd like members to focus on one beta test at a time. Since you are currently participating in another beta program, you are not eligible to sign up for another beta at this time. "

levious

Tabris said:
I rather be in Hot Shots Golf Fore (what a lame title btw)

any way to trade? I remember not having a problem playing prior betas on other people's systems.

Mairu

DMczaf said:
I should have declined Monster Hunter!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo
I'm glad now that by the time I got to my Monster Hunter beta invite it was already full. R&C3 is going to be a blast to test :)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
As much as I like R&C, I'm glad to have gotten into the Monster Hunter beta instead because I think, of the two, MH needs the feedback a little more than R&C does ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
kaching said:
As much as I like R&C, I'm glad to have gotten into the Monster Hunter beta instead because I think, of the two, MH needs the feedback a little more than R&C does ;)

Capcom ain't gonna hear your complaints :p

BuddyC

Wario64 said:
Capcom ain't gonna hear your complaints :p

Not true in the slightest! I mean, look at Steel Battalion: Line of Contact. Capcom went out of their way to ensure that every single person who purchased the title was satisfied.

:(

I know R&C 3 is going to be a lock for me after the demonstration I got from the Q&A Tech at E3. You guys should like it a lot, it has onslaught and vehicles. Very smooth when I used it... and look out for the jet boots!

Arcticfox

kaching said:
If it is anything like the Auto Modellista beta they will read all the beta tester's feedback and then do the exact opposite of what you want. Auto Modellista was a great half sim/half arcade online racing game at one point, one of the best online racers on any system, until the designers decided to take the fun out.

levious

I remember reading that the change in gameplay was decided on before the initial beta phase even. I agree that it was good at that stage though.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Monster Hunter is largely fine as it is, based on what I've played of the beta. I'd just like to see them change the control configuration, or offer customizable controls.

Yes! I got an email to apply. My first beta test. Couldn't have been for a better game.

clap.gif

Fularu

Banned
What are the requierements for the beta programs? I've registered my ps2 a long time ago, most of my games, my network adapter, but I'm still not allowed in any beta program. Do you have to live in the US of A? Or are canadians allowed to participate?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cmon Upper_Management, I know you are reading this, get me in! I did a great writeup for the game on the GA front page! :(

BuddyC

While we're begging,

Dear Bottle Rocket,

I did two awesome writeups on Rise of the Kasai. Please please please let me assist you in your beta testing.

Top Bottom