• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 and VJ2 Boxart.... uhhh

Matlock

Banned
"Sequel to Viewtiful Joe!"

Well, no fucking shit, Capcom. I thought it was a sequel to Mega Man Legends.

Solid

RE4_GC_Box_Front.jpg

VJ2_GC_Box_Front_RP.jpg

explodet

I'd like to think "sequel to Viewtiful Joe" is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the movie setting of the series, but that's probably giving Capcom too much credit.

Rahul

Both these boxarts were made with Photoshop as you can see by the various cheesy layer effects all over it. Ugh. Who's responsible? Fire him and get someone who knows how to use InDesign and Illustrator or something. And hire some layout/composition skills while you're at it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"Sequel to Viewtiful Joe." Uh, no shit Capcom.

The cover sucks too. The box art for the first game was nice...this one seems kinda empty

Sagitario

Wario64 said:
"Sequel to Viewtiful Joe." Uh, no shit Capcom.

The cover sucks too. The box art for the first game was nice...this one seems kinda empty

I was thinking the same... I hope is not final...

puck1337

I think that I'll pick up VJ2 close to release, because I have a feeling that there aren't going to be very many copies around and I know I'm going to want to play it eventually.

Dragmire

Scrow said:
Oh.. my.. god.... Am I dreaming here, or is something horribly, horribly wrong! Europeans get to take home a gorgeous box like that, and Americans get some fourth grader's photoshop of RE4 using stock game art and screenshots? This has got to be a joke. Please, someone tell me it is.

Capcom Japan goes to all that length to make a killer game, and their American boxart people slap on a picture that says, "Not only should you stay away from this game, but you'll be embarrassed if someone sees you looking at it."

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I saw an instore promo video the other day that had Prince of Persia 2 footage but the words Viewtiful Joe kept popping up like that is what game it was :lol

Dragmire said:
Oh.. my.. god.... Am I dreaming here, or is something horribly, horribly wrong! Europeans get to take home a gorgeous box like that, and Americans get some fourth grader's photoshop of RE4 using stock game art and screenshots? This has got to be a joke. Please, someone tell me it is.
Yes, you must be dreaming, as this is the first time this has ever happened.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Mike Works said:
Yes, you must be dreaming, as this is the first time this has ever happened.
well no... here's the US boxart for MGS:TTS
238221.jpg

And here is the PAL boxart.
GC0663_box.jpg

Rahul

Square Enix games. All the Final Fantasy's here have just the logo and a nice white background, as opposed to the mess of character art the US usually gets.

Alcibiades

explodet said:
I'd like to think "sequel to Viewtiful Joe" is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the movie setting of the series, but that's probably giving Capcom too much credit.
no, it's not

it's the cheesy nature of the atmosphere IMO like you said, movie-set type deal...

I mean, Halo 2, MP2, PoP 2, everyone knows they are sequels, Capcom threw that in for the sake of putting it there and IMO it's funny and like it...

Top Bottom