• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 Beta 01

EekTheKat

Probably old to some, but I've never seen this before ( only heard of it ).

This was the RE game that eventually became Devil May Cry apparently. Looks like they had a lot of interesting concepts.

saw this at gamefaqs and thought it was fairly interesting :

http://www.survivhor.com/RE4/index.html

It's not in english, but the concept art is still pretty interesting.

That is interesting. I'm so glad that they turned Devil May Cry into...Devil May Cry. And I can't wait to play Resident Evil 4. On the GameCube.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This was the RE game that eventually became Devil May Cry apparently. Looks like they had a lot of interesting concepts.

Yeah, and there was an exclusive RE game planned for the N64 that then went to the PSX and finally the PS2 and was called Onimusha. Shame that G4 didn't talk about the N64 origins of Onimusha in their Icons episode on it, but then again if we believe everything G4 says; Sega had nothing to do with Shenmue 2.

ManaByte

Gold Member
DMC series >>> Resident Evil series.

Devil May Cry is pretty much the game that revived the action game genre on next-gen systems.

ManaByte said:
DMC series >>> Resident Evil series.

Devil May Cry is pretty much the game that revived the action game genre on next-gen systems.

Devil May Cry > Ninja Gaiden

But DMC series > RE series? I'm not so sure about that...Devil May Cry rocked...Devil May Cry 2 was a dissapointment...Devil May Cry looks to be getting it back on track, but we can't count that yet.

On the other hand, you have the original Resident Evil, which was great...Resident Evil 2, which is the best in the PlayStation series. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, which was very solid. Code Veronica, which is heralded high by many...And even Outbreak was enjoyable, although flawed.

Then we have the REmake, which is my absolute favorite in the series. Such an amazing game. Then there is Resident Evil Zero which was once again, solid.

quadriplegicjon said:
[fanboy]yeah.. we should wait till about a month before the ps2 release.. so as not to hurt fellow cubies[/fanboy]

:p

no way this is war SADDAM can't wait

I am prepared to be banned + SPOILERS come they will... everyday, everyweek. every PS2 board, chat, and forum... RE4 PS2 will fall :D

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
naz said:
no way this is war SADDAM can't wait

I am prepared to be banned + SPOILERS come they will... everyday, everyweek. every PS2 board, chat, and forum... RE4 PS2 will fall :D

:lol. this is gonna be fun!

Deg said:
The upset people need to take it easy. Its exclusive to GC for some time.

you are just bitter cause you are going to have RE4 ruined for you. ;)

Top Bottom