• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So .la1n is going to be the second coming of General Sherman?

rnIjv.jpg

I think I see the resemblance.

You'll be the end of him

and Atlanta

Atlanta maybe. ;)

Bah, I'm practically a monk when it comes to controlling the swamp gas at this point thanks to my rigorous study under Lissar's tutelage. The smell lingers, but I just have to take off my robe and wizard hat before I go out on the prowl.

And your tale always ends with getting on a harley and riding into the sunset. :D

Yeah I am not that fast anymore. Kinda drunk and all I see is talk about weird games and boobs.

And fire. And an RP RPG. :)

Hahahaha. They'll never catch me!

Assassins will be at your door soon.

Those assassins were so weak. I was kitted out in ebony gear with dat ebony mail when I came across my first one. Dude could barely handle my presence. Slashed his silly looking argonian ass to ribbons with my battleaxe.

It's pretty funny, with how many bandits routinely try to kill you; it doesn't really stand out as an assassination attempt.

Atlanta Journal Constitution said:
"We believe the owners of neogaf.com created the perfect opportunity for a small but dedicated group of supporters to form around the accused by moving them to the 'Community' board," district attorney Paul Howard, Jr. said in a press conference held earlier today. "Nobody reads that board."

Those assassins were so weak. I was kitted out in ebony gear with dat ebony mail when I came across my first one. Dude could barely handle my presence. Slashed his silly looking argonian ass to ribbons with my battleaxe.

It's pretty funny, with how many bandits routinely try to kill you; it doesn't really stand out as an assassination attempt.

The best is when like a named horse sees you commit a crime

And then somehow puts a hit out on you

With a letter written and endorsed by the horse

Davedough

Alright RP Gaf. I'm going home. Everyone have a good weekend. As usual, I dont sign on much during the weekend, but I sometimes read on my phone.

I'm gonna try and convince my wife she wants to see Chronicle tonight. We'll see how that goes.

Ok, in the interest of RPG RPG... you know, the game we're developing but not actually developing... I just started typing in Word and came up with a VERY ROUGH scenario that we can work off of. Keep in mind, I'm not a great writer and I didn't really proof read, but here's a little something about the world we could inhabit.

Blue skies give way to thick clouds as giant steam powered zeppelins strafe the horizon. The citizens of Gaftopia have enjoyed a century of relative peace and incredible prosperity; ushering in a technological movement which gave birth to harnessing the limitless power of steam. As the denizens of this great land prepare for their annual celebration of the defeat of Arch-Dioceses, Amirox, a greater foe looks on from the shadows. The Dark Lord EviLore prepares to tighten his grip on Gaftopia.

A small town RealPica nestles between two great mountains. Overlooking the town in a modest cottage lives the Scholar Lissar; tirelessly pouring over ancient tomes, trying to predict and protect the precious lands which she loves. All signs point towards an impending evil that will tear this world anew. If the Dark Lord finds The Obelisk...

Our Heroes:

Lissar - Greatest scholar in all the lands. Responsible for rejuvenating the use of many forms of magic which assisted in the exponential growth of Gaftopia.

Echoshifting - A battle mage trained in the arts of nature manipulation. Through rigorous study with Lissar, Echo was able to perfect and utilize a debilitating technique dubbed 'Swamp Gas' which assaults the senses and succumbs the assailant into submission.

RawPower - A Dark Knight who joined the companions not long ago. Shifty, unnerving. A valiant and strong fighter but many in the group are not sure of his true intentions.

la1n - Born with a rare gift of harnessing and radiating heat from deep within his own body. Through alchemical invention, he's been able to transform this ability into siring plumes of fire which coat anything it touches in a cleansing bath of flames.

Davedough - Fearless Master of the wilds of Gaftopia. There are few animals in which he does not hold a connection and can command. Sarcastic in nature, his quick wit often gets him in trouble socially, but his dedication to the team is rivaled by none.

Cant think of anymore... Run with it people =)

Steamships. Check.

Evil Villain Lore. Check.

Charming Town Waiting to Be Razed to the Ground. Check.

Awesome Heroes. Check.

Missing

A cat with a terrible secret

A labyrinth to traverse

The merchant from Resident Evil 4

Nex and Aorange as the guys who make/sell you food

Snarky treasure chests (Jason, this part is crying out for your or Stet's delicate touch)

I wanna be the black dude from MGS4 with the monkey.

Preferably with a monkey still in tow.

I will regale the heroes with sob stories detailing the tragic lives of the mods bosses after each of their defeats.

Chuckie

So I just watched Alien Ressurection, which was a so-so movie... but what made it great was my wife being really sad when the last humanoid Alien died. "No...he had such cute puppy eyes....why did he have to die"

Disclaimer: I don't like my wife being sad, I think it was just so cute to see her care for an Alien monster.

wait this can happen, I totally played this game wrong.

Items have metadata and that metadata can include who the owner is

And there's logic paths for discovering that you steal. So even if you put a bucket over a woman's head and then rob her blind, the game's logic can go "This guy was in the store, everything disappeared, he probably has it" and will send assassins after you.

Sometimes the metadata includes animals and children as owners. They also follow logic paths or just see you stealing or picking locks or whatever. So if they're named (like that dog in the very first town you go to after the dragon attack), they will send assassins to kill you.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh yeah, so I was playing my thief character and did that one quest where you're trying to put the brewer in jail. I completed it (after stealing everything worth finding in the place.) And a bit later I had some mercs attacking me. I was like okay, I'm a thief, I guess I got notice somewhere... but the guy who put a hit out on me was the guy who had been taken to prison.

Chuckie

Oh yeah, so I was playing my thief character and did that one quest where you're trying to put the brewer in jail. I completed it (after stealing everything worth finding in the place.) And a bit later I had some mercs attacking me. I was like okay, I'm a thief, I guess I got notice somewhere... but the guy who put a hit out on me was the guy who had been taken to prison.

Sounds like karma.

Acid08

Banned
So a car just hit me while I was going out on a short bike ride to my apartment's leasing office. My ass hurts.
Two weeks to the day that same thing happened to me except I was walking. Tail bone could take up to nine months to heal. Get it checked out man.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Can someone bring a dog or cat over here? I need to play with some animals right now.

Awww! I know when I'm feeling down my cat makes me feel better.

I give you this:

business-cat-meme-generator-parker-butz-butt-licking-analyst-9bfda4.jpg

Sounds like karma.

He was a jerk D: He was trying to make this guy his slave.

Two weeks to the day that same thing happened to me except I was walking. Tail bone could take up to nine months to heal. Get it checked out man.

Don't I know it. My tail bone still starts aching if I try to sit on hard chairs. I fell down the stairs two months ago.

Chuckie

Can someone bring a dog or cat over here? I need to play with some animals right now.

azlok.jpg

Here you can have mine for a while. The one on the bottom, Loki, is sweet as they get, the one on top, Azumi, is also nice, but treat him well otherwise he will rip your throat open.

I'm more concerned about my bike. The rear wheel is fine but I think the rear brake is busted. I might have to turn it into a fixie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom