• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best meal I ever had in Japan:

menu-unagi-450.jpg

I wish I could find a place that served this around here.

Ignoring the delicious homemade food and amazing soups my host mother made for me, the best food in Japan was at the izakayas. Just look at that beautiful meat.

3619045773_87f3869774_o.jpg

Chicken livers, beef tongue, pork belly...

Acid08

Banned
Let me just find some good pictures of pizza with pineapple on it. The reactions will show lurkers who they can really trust on this forum.

Pineapple on pizza for LIFE

Davedough

That's funny because the last two winters in the UK were really bad as well. Last year we had the coldest December in 100 years. This winter has actually been really mild. The last couple of days we have had a bit of a cold snap. That is generally how our winters are in the UK. One week in can be really mild and the next it's freezing cold again. A week later is mild again. Our summers work the same way too. It can be quite mild one week, and then all of a sudden, it is boiling again. lol

last winter though: :/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12119329

Bring on the global warming, I say.

Acid08

Banned
Yep, it's grilled unagi. I had it a couple of times (the expensive kind.) It's reaaaally good. I mean, I loved unagi sushi before, but this is something else.

I'll have to try it! I usually HATE fish but love sushi. I don't know how it's possible.

Davedough

I'm not sure how that will pan out. It could mean in the UK we get even more rain in the summer. I'm not sure we want that. It has also be stated that we might get winters as cold as Canada as the Gulf stream would break down. That is the reason the UK has such a mild climate for it's latitude.

Yeah, I don't think it works out well for us. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_Stream

GTFO of here with all your.... logic and stuff. pfft.

noah111

Still Alive
As a tribute to this thread and the good times we've had, i'll be using this raw RP av for the FINAL DAYS.

Gotta go out with a bang and all that.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'll have to try it! I usually HATE fish but love sushi. I don't know how it's possible.

Sushi in general is definitely a different taste from other kinds of fish preparations. And unagi is more different still. Especially with the sauce they use, it doesn't have that fishy taste to me.

I love seafood though :eek:

Yep, it's grilled unagi. I had it a couple of times (the expensive kind.) It's reaaaally good. I mean, I loved unagi sushi before, but this is something else.

Fresh unagi grilled over binchotan is revelatory when you're used to what most Japanese restaurants pass off as unagi. Fresh anago is even better.

Acid08

Banned
Sushi in general is definitely a different taste from other kinds of fish preparations. And unagi is more different still. Especially with the sauce they use, it doesn't have that fishy taste to me.

I love seafood though :eek:

I think it's a texture thing me for, fish just feels so slimy in my mouth and it's hard to deal with :p.

Orayn

I think me and The_Technomancer switching back to Tulio and Miguel respectively will restore balance to the force.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Thats just a giant unagi roll. There aren't any Japanese restaurants around you? Rather common here in LA.

I live in the middle of no where. And even in Eugene there aren't that many. Of course they would be common in LA!

And it did have a different taste than unagi sushi. Also, the restaurant I went to served roasted eel spines like crackers! Those had a bit of an odd taste, I must admit.

WARCOCK

Banned
I think me and The_Technomancer switching back to Tulio and Miguel respectively will restore balance to the force.

Or in an ultimate twist of irony you guys should switch miguel and tulio from one another. Imagine the amount of mind fuck that would produce. <3.

I live in the middle of no where. And even in Eugene there aren't that many. Of course they would be common in LA!

And it did have a different taste than unagi sushi. Also, the restaurant I went to served roasted eel spines like crackers! Those had a bit of an odd taste, I must admit.

Well, I meant that it is commonly served in Japanese restaurants around here, not that there are a lot of Japanese restaurants.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Well, I meant that it is commonly served in Japanese restaurants around here, not that there are a lot of Japanese restaurants.

Grilled unagi? No, definitely not. Most of our places in Eugene do sushi only. Some places get a little more exciting, but not much more than that (and none of it particularly good, either.)

Davedough

^Speaking of Tinychat. See you all very late tonight where I'll be showing off my hairy chest to leadbelly.

I'm busting out of work for now.

Acid08

Banned
Is there any school subject more boring than US history at this point? I feel like my brain is flaking away reading this stupid book.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Is there any school subject more boring than US history at this point? I feel like my brain is flaking away reading this stupid book.

I couldn't stand US history until a few years ago. Now I think it is quite fascinating! (Oh hey, there's another word I use way too much: fascinating. How... fascinating.) I have a particular interest in the revolutionary war.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
You guys took this shit seriously, weird.

Well, as long as you enjoyed yourselves, this is all pretty harmless.

I couldn't stand US history until a few years ago. Now I think it is quite fascinating! (Oh hey, there's another word I use way too much: fascinating. How... fascinating.) I have a particular interest in the revolutionary war.

History itself is interesting. History classes are usually memorization of datapoints and how they correlate with numbers.

Acid08

Banned

Fascinating is a great word.

I use incredible a little too much.

History itself is interesting. History classes are usually memorization of datapoints and how they correlate with numbers.

That and I've had the same concepts and points about the history of this country pounded into my head since I was in first grade.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
You guys took this shit seriously, weird.

Well, as long as you enjoyed yourselves, this is all pretty harmless.

I guess it's sort of a thing you'd have to have participated heavily in to really get why we got so into it... it's not something I can explain. I can tell you I wouldn't have imagined getting so into it, myself!

My history classes were never like that, though I've heard stories :x

I'm in need of some thumping music for the gym later (single album). Preferably lyricless... so something electronic most likely. If it's dubstep, no wub overdose.

Any recommendations?

I'm gonna buy it from itunes. Don't look at me like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom