• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend a cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

So I decided to finally enter the 1990s and get a cell phone. However, I know nothing about them. So rather than waste time clicking around and whatnot, I want your input first... only looking to spend something like $30-40 month, so is there a plan that I can get for that amount with a phone that doesn't totally suck? Thanks in advance.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Brick.jpg

xsarien

daedsiluap
You should pick a service provider and plan first, then pick the best phone from those available. Going in phone first - picking based on what's the coolest - is akin to picking the nicest looking car with no regard to whether or not it's going to fall apart after a few months. ;)

Cell phone service varies wildly depending on where you are. For example, the northeast is pretty much Verizon Country, and the pacific northwest is (or so I'm told), largely AT&T and T-Mobile's strongest area. Talk to people who have them, ask how the service is, and see how they like it.

As far as raw numbers go, T-Mobile and Sprint give you the most bang for the buck, but make sure their reception in your area - and anyplace you may want to go - isn't ass.

Nos_G

^^D'oh what xsarien said...

And to paraphrase:

It's better if you look for service that suites you, then just pick from the service provider's current line of cellphones.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom