• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

recommend me a good dvd player....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would either go with the Momitsu V880 or the Bravo D2. If you want to spend a bit less, the Philips DVP642 is a pretty inexpensive player that plays just about every format (divx, xvid, mpg4, etc).

Dilbert

Yikes. I don't have any good recommendations in that price range. Hopefully someone else reading this thread can help...

(I have a Denon DVD-2200.)

quadriplegicjon said:
panasonic PT-60LC13

its a 60" hdtv widescreen.

dvd player.. id say, max $300..

Then definitely get the Momitsu V880 or the Bravo D2. Both output DVI, progressive, scan, and upscale video. They should run between $200 to $300 and are favorites in the avsforum.

-jinx- said:
Yikes. I don't have any good recommendations in that price range. Hopefully someone else reading this thread can help...

(I have a Denon DVD-2200.)

Heh, I was going to recommend the Denon 2200, as I have that too. But they cost twice as much as his budget :(

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Marty Chinn said:
Then definitely get the Momitsu V880 or the Bravo D2. Both output DVI, progressive, scan, and upscale video. They should run between $200 to $300 and are favorites in the avsforum.

i think i shall.. you think you can find those in Brandsmart?

thanks for the help guys.

I got a nice single disc Toshiba for about $120 Canadian. It has component out and optical out. Runs in progressive scan as well. Well worth the negligible price.

lachesis

Hmmm... I'm interested in these too, as it's time to upgrade my old non-progressive early model dvd. Does this Denon model support Divx and MPG4 as well? Marty's Phillips model seems pretty decent, although I hear some problems with progressive mode...

lachesis

lachesis said:
Hmmm... I'm interested in these too, as it's time to upgrade my old non-progressive early model dvd. Does this Denon model support Divx and MPG4 as well? Marty's Phillips model seems pretty decent, although I hear some problems with progressive mode...

lachesis

What problems have you heard? I'm using it as a temp player right now till I can upgrade it to either the Bravo or Momitsu and it seems to be working fine so far.

lachesis

- copy from cnet review... don't know how accurate it is.

Other performance aspects, in particular the unit's progressive-scan video processing, were more disappointing. We noticed jitter on still images such as DVD menus, and the chroma bug, which appeared as combing along the edge of solid colors such as red, on some DVD material. The player's 2:3 pull-down processing worked in most situations but had a hard time keeping up with difficult sections that required dropping in and out of film mode. If your TV has solid progressive-scan processing, we recommend you leave the DVP642 in interlaced mode.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Philips_DVP642/4505-6473_7-30959433-2.html?tag=top
here's the link.

I'm actually considering getting this one, as it's cheap, good looking and plays virtually any media. very attractive model indeed.

lachesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom