• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommendations on 5x1 HDMI switch

Currently re-doing the up stairs living room so that the kids and wife can move out of my man cave ;(. So far I put a 46 inch plasma TV (Panny) an Xbox 360, the Wii, a Bluray player and a WDTV Streamer. Of course all of these are hooked up via HDMI except for the Wii.

That said I am also picking up a Wii U and here's where my dilemma is; I'm out of HDMI ports. Typically I go around that by hooking up a good A/V receiver however the living room has a good soundbar with a sub (3.1)and there's no point replacing it with 5.1/6.1 when we already have that downstairs.

I've been looking around at the 4x1 and 5x1 HDMI switches but I don't want to put just any switch in there. Ideally I'd like one with remote functions and one that I can use an Logitech Harmony with... if it doesn't support it that's not a game changer but it just removes one remote control from being lost.

I've been looking at one at Monoprice and reviews of it are good though a bit dated;

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=8463&seq=1&format=2

Other than the one I linked does anyone have any recommendations on a 5x1 HDMI switch?

Top Bottom