• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
NoctisXIII said:
Jeuxactu 20/20

sanstitre2de.jpg

So is this a coup de COEUR or HIT?

edit: gasp, is it both?

Coin Return

Loose Slot
CozMick said:
Why wouldn't it be?

They've played both versions, have you?
- colors more saturated in the 360 version (Gamepro)
- less texture pop in in the 360 version (Gamepro)
- heavy framerate drops in the PS3 version (Cynamite)
- small framerate dips in the 360 version (Cynamite)

They've played both versions, too.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
shwimpy said:
EDITOR'S NOTE: The PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption was not made available to us at the time of review, so this review focuses exclusively on the Xbox 360 version. We will post impressions of the PS3 version, including thoughts on the exclusive content, as soon as we are able.

WTF is going on? Why is Rockstar so damn secretive about the PS3 version?

WHAT is going on? This makes me really skeptical. What's R* hiding?

Esteban said:
Red Dead Redemption: 360 & PS3 Identical

Source : Nowgamer

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3178/red-dead-redemption-360-amp-ps3-identical

"We've played both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game and we can categorically state that - other than a 600mb install on the Sony console - they're virtually identical."

"While some games suffer platform-specific differences in terms of vertical-sync and refresh rate issues we noticed nothing of the sort in Red Dead."

Glad to hear that since I have the PS3 version on pre-order from Amazon, and it has already shipped since I had release day delivery. Interested to see one of the lens of truth comparisions, but I don't wanna kill myself the way I did when GTA4 came out. I'm just going to enjoy this.

Also, if any of you guys are still deciding where to get the game, they are giving away a $20 Amazon gift card (gift card, not video game credit) with your purchase.

Amneisac

I checked the OP and tried scanning through the thread for this info and couldn't find it.

Any confirmation in any of these reviews whether or not you can do the minigame stuff online with friends? More specifically, can you play online poker with your posse?

nico

Banned
Esteban said:
Red Dead Redemption: 360 & PS3 Identical

Source : Nowgamer

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3178/red-dead-redemption-360-amp-ps3-identical

"We've played both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game and we can categorically state that - other than a 600mb install on the Sony console - they're virtually identical."

"While some games suffer platform-specific differences in terms of vertical-sync and refresh rate issues we noticed nothing of the sort in Red Dead."
But they didn't count the pixels. Haven't you heard about the 520p, screen tearing, also worst frame rate ever, it's practically a slideshow! worst game ever 8/10 from eurogamer

going crazy in anticipation here

Goldrusher

For the new page - in case you don't check the OP...

♦ 100.0% | PlayStation Official Magazine UK
♦ 100.0% | Official XBOX Magazine (UK)
♦ 100.0% | GamePro (US)
♦ 100.0% | PSM3 (UK)
♦ 100.0% | Gamereactor (DK)
♦ 100.0% | guardian.co.uk
♦ 100.0% | Gamer.nl
♦ 100.0% | JeuxActu.com (FR)

♦   98.0% | IGN (UK)
♦   97.5% | Game Informer (US)
♦   97.0% | IGN (US)
♦   95.0% | CVG (UK)
♦   95.0% | Cynamite.de
♦   95.0% | GamePro.de
♦   94.0% | 9lives.be
♦   93.0% | NowGamer (UK)
♦   92.0% | Games Aktuell (DE)
♦   91.0% | SpazioGames.it
♦   90.0% | gamesTM (UK)
♦   90.0% | Gamekult.com (FR)
♦   90.0% | jeuxvideo.com (FR)
♦   90.0% | Eurogamer (IT)

♦   80.0% | Eurogamer (UK)

Jtones

Banned
NHale said:
Here we go again... PS3 vs X360 Part 72.

Wouldn't happen if rockstar actually gave both games to test.

Don't tell me that the smaller websites got both versions, and motherfuckin' IGN didn't get it?

Zeliard

Gamepro said:
I often passed on the option to quick-travel from camp or ride in a stagecoach taxi in favor of heading out on a trusty steed, as the genuine thrill of clopping through Redemption's rich scenery offers up as much promise as the youthful portrait of America that it paints; from ad hoc hunting sessions to playing judge, jury, and oftentimes executioner to any number of randomly generated disputes, there is a lot to discover and do in the wild frontier.

See? :p Don't fast-travel guys!

dread9

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:

The bigger question is, what are you hiding? And jesus, I feel like your on here 24/7, R* Ninja Confirmed.

What targeting mode are y'all using? I'm torn between normal and expert. IGN review makes normal sound like it might be too easy, but from what I've heard of the streams sometimes getting attacked from all angles makes free-aim a chore. Thoughts?

NHale

Big Ass Ramp said:

More often than not publishers only send a version of the game to review. In this case, Rockstar control freaks like they are, it is expected. They even sent the review copies very late, some popular sites only received them last Friday.

Yopis

For those of you on the fence just buy the one with more friends on it. And if your just going for single player wait for df in a few days. Nothing to really get bent out of shape.The people saying that it does not matter are as bad as people saying it's the only thing that matters. It's all important so wade through the garbage that does not interest you and it will all work out.

LQX

notjackbauer said:
What targeting mode are y'all using? I'm torn between normal and expert. IGN review makes normal sound like it might be too easy, but from what I've heard of the streams sometimes getting attacked from all angles makes free-aim a chore. Thoughts?
Wait until you have the game to play and decide then?

GeoramA

Coin Return said:
- colors more saturated in the 360 version (Gamepro)
- less texture pop in in the 360 version (Gamepro)
- heavy framerate drops in the PS3 version (Cynamite)
- small framerate dips in the 360 version (Cynamite)

They've played both versions, too.
Keeping the hope alive :lol

This doesn't sound like a Bayonetta/Ghostbusters situation, so PS3 owners need to stop sweating.

Sloane

Banned
Eurogamer said:
Problematically, once your sense of curiosity at what lies over the next hill dissipates, you'll find every 10-minute gallop across the landscape tiresome and over-familiar
That bothers me a bit -- if there's one thing I hate in games, it's running around for minutes without doing anything meaningful. Guess I'll have to find out more about those quick-travel options.

Dead Man

Fuck all this noise. I'm way over the legal limit, and my hype has been rekindled. Fucj the PS3 haters, game will look good enough. I'm out until the 21st Release date here. Have fun.

R2 to fore, for life, bitches!!

:(

nico said:
But they didn't count the pixels. Haven't you heard about the 520p, screen tearing, also worst frame rate ever, it's practically a sideshow! worst game ever 8/10 from eurogamer

going crazy in anticipation here
yeah put all these revviews in a line and shocker that gets all the loser smileys.

Chrange

Banned
Sloane said:
That bothers me a bit -- if there's one thing I hate in games, it's running around for minutes without doing anything meaningful. Guess I'll have to find out more about those quick-travel options.
Fast travel is available from anywhere, just stop and make a camp. But if you do that you'll miss out on all the cool stuff that happens randomly in the wilderness. People being attacked by wolves, shootouts between outlaws and the law, kidnappings, etc...

It took somewhere around 11 hours before I saw the same random happening twice :lol

Zeliard

Chrange said:
Fast travel is available from anywhere, just stop and make a camp. But if you do that you'll miss out on all the cool stuff that happens randomly in the wilderness. People being attacked by wolves, shootouts between outlaws and the law, kidnappings, etc...

It took somewhere around 11 hours before I saw the same random happening twice :lol

In those random times where a bunch of crazy bandits run through town while dragging someone on a rope, if you follow them without doing anything, do they go back to their camp?

Reading the Eurogamer review, it actually never occurred to me that RDR would have the kind of supporting cast GTAIV does. Having those kinds of partners, etc, in the Wild Wild West?

ZOMG

Top Bottom