• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

astroturfing said:
ohhhh shit, you think exactly like me! add me on PSN. we can go on a walk together to look at the stars. ;D

GTAIV's skies... such a disappointment, just a huge gray canvas with barely any visible stars at night :( and the clouds during daytime aren't exactly majestic looking either..

Coming from someone who's lived in NYC his whole life...

AIN'T NO STARS OR "MAJESTIC" CLOUDS OUT HERE SON :lol

Cant0na

Banned
TxdoHawk said:
30222_606112878159_38803835_3508034.jpg

Is work over yet?

Clean your car

Zeliard

astroturfing said:
ohhhh shit, you think exactly like me! add me on PSN. we can go on a walk together to look at the stars. ;D

GTAIV's skies... such a disappointment, just a huge gray canvas with barely any visible stars at night :( and the clouds during daytime aren't exactly majestic looking either..

Welcome to a densely populated urban environment. :p

alfmac

Neo Member
Good, very good.
I need to listen Ennio Morricone's songs when i play to this game :D

Ehm, one more thing..... is sub hd for PS3 version confirmed or not?

Thank you again guys ;)

Timbuktu

Tr4nce said:
The sky in this game looks so real and awesome. I really love it when skies are so beautiful in video games. Can't wait to go out on foot, under a clear starry night sky! WOOHOO.

It does feel like the Alberta skies in Days of Heaven and Unforgiven, which I'm sure is what they looked at, especially with the 'golden hour' sky during the intro.

Dresden

The girl at Gamestop that took my order said it came with some codes and a 'cd-thingie,' so I'd assume that yes, it does come with a soundtrack. :lol

Net_Wrecker said:

yeah i can imagine with the light pollution and all (but DAMN i would love to visit NYC!). hell i live in a city (Turku) in Finland of only about 200,000 people and stars are pretty much non-existent with all the city lights.

i was out on a roadtrip of sorts a couple years ago with some friends, far from cities, and we had a fire next to a lake at night... just fucking WOW at the sky. literally thousands of beautiful stars and i could even see the spiral arm of our galaxy.... unforgettable. everyone should do that, get out of the city and spend a night outside in the wild. it will change you and make you more aware of the amazing cosmos surrounding us.

and this isnt off topic, one of the reasons i want to immerse myself in RDR is to see the beautiful skies i never really get to see because of my geographic location :p perhaps silly but true.

Dresden

astroturfing said:
yeah i can imagine with the light pollution and all (but DAMN i would love to visit NYC!). hell i live in a city (Turku) in Finland of only about 200,000 people and stars are pretty much non-existent with all the city lights.

i was out on a roadtrip of sorts a couple years ago with some friends, far from cities, and we had a fire next to a lake at night... just fucking WOW at the sky. literally thousands of beautiful stars and i could even see the spiral arm of our galaxy.... unforgettable. everyone should do that, get out of the city and spend a night outside in the wild. it will change you and make you more aware of the amazing cosmos surrounding us.

and this isnt off topic, one of the reasons i want to immerse myself in RDR is to see the beautiful skies i never really get to see because of my geographic location :p perhaps silly but true.
Reminds me of when I got out of LA with the family for the first time, when I was ten. We were pretty poor, so it was my first time out of the city, and it struck me just how dirty my city was.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Tr4nce said:
The sky in this game looks so real and awesome. I really love it when skies are so beautiful in video games. Can't wait to go out on foot, under a clear starry night sky! WOOHOO.

You gave me an idea. I'm going to do the same and when I get to a clear area with nice visible stars I'm going to see if google sky map on my droid can identify anything.. :lol

Dresden said:
The girl at Gamestop that took my order said it came with some codes and a 'cd-thingie,' so I'd assume that yes, it does come with a soundtrack. :lol

Yayyyyy

Hope that EB doesn't somehow mess this up... I really want that Soundtrack

dexterslu said:
As far as I know both Giantbomb and Joystiq both haven't received a copy yet...
True but maybe that is because R* had some terms that GB and Joy could not live with (what I respect) or they just missed the boot on getting there copy early.
But both sites "should" be big enough to get a review copy in on time, or they waited until the "retail" muliplayer servers are up.
And I differently respect that more!

Spookie

dexterslu said:
As far as I know both Giantbomb and Joystiq both haven't received a copy yet...

Add Eurogamer to that shit list for GTA V then? :D

As much as I enjoy this game. Seriously the fucking physics! My horse melds with a tree, I shoot the bounty off it's arse only for him to disappear in to the void.

How about a quick reload menu too?

Ugh.

Teknoman

astroturfing said:

I really need to do that this summer, living in Texas of all places :lol Should've done it by now.

Net_Wrecker said:

I remember how many people were stunned during the blackout several years ago. Like, holy shit, forgot those things are up there at night.

astroturfing said:

I'm going to check out Miami, NYC and LA in August. Kerron miltä näyttää ;D

FrankT

Angst said:
I like what you're saying, but a 480p horribly compressed movie isn't exactly very informative...

That's about the first thing I gathered. Especially so after watching the 720 360 footage from the IGN review. :lol

If this guy really works for Rockstar like he says he is one heck of a PR con.

Gravijah said:
That's not what we've heard from other people.

Reviewers comments have had some minor differences outside maybe framerate.

enkeixpress said:
So.. Your not sure if you want to get the PS3 version of the game??

This should help :D

PS3 HD Footage

PS3 HD Footage 2

Very sexy performance, Even better than the X360 version in fact

that second video is quite far from HD :D And the first is just camera footage. These are useless clips.

But im sure the PS3 version is just fine. No need to prove it.

You've never seen the stars until your on a boat in blackout in the middle of the South Pacific. No joke the Milkyway is one super bright band of light. Without Moon light you could read by just by the stars. It took my breath away every time I walked out on deck. -USMC- Joint War Games 1995

Pezking

enkeixpress said:
So.. Your not sure if you want to get the PS3 version of the game??

This should help :D

PS3 HD Footage

PS3 HD Footage 2

Very sexy performance, Even better than the X360 version in fact

Then why does the guy in the first video talk about jaggies on fences etc. and noticable frame rate drops, especially in bigger cities?

The PS3 version is alright (I'm getting it myself), but what makes you think it's the superior version?

CaLe

Any reason why Metacritic has stopped posting new reviews of the game? Also hasn't put the Eurogamer score on there, even though it was out at around the same time as all the rest..

Cardigan

CaLe said:
Any reason why Metacritic has stopped posting new reviews of the game? Also hasn't put the Eurogamer score on there, even though it was out at around the same time as all the rest..
They've been adding reviews throughout the day, but I don't know why Eurogamer isn't on there. Eurogamer Italy is on there, though.

Top Bottom