• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

FrankT

CaLe said:
Any reason why Metacritic has stopped posting new reviews of the game? Also hasn't put the Eurogamer score on there, even though it was out at around the same time as all the rest..

Conspiracy. Just playing no clue haha.

nskinnear said:
Yeah, totally. I mean, just look at this screen cap:

image-DAAD_4BF1AE9F.jpg

Amazing!

:lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So now I'm hearing rumblings that the game's map is actually smaller than has been said? About the size of GTAIV is what I've been hearing.

Can anyone with the game confirm/deny this?

Teknoman

Hunter Gather said:
You've never seen the stars until your on a boat in blackout in the middle of the South Pacific. No joke the Milkyway is one super bright band of light. Without Moon light you could read by just by the stars. It took my breath away every time I walked out on deck. -USMC- Joint War Games 1995

Man thats crazy, wish it was like that in the city during blackouts...then again, there hasnt been a blackout minus clouds in my area for a long time.

MMaRsu

Seraphis Cain said:
So now I'm hearing rumblings that the game's map is actually smaller than has been said? About the size of GTAIV is what I've been hearing.

Can anyone with the game confirm/deny this?

doubt it

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A question for players, is the entire game map available from the start or is it compartmentalized ?

Absinthe

Net_Wrecker said:
Oh oops:lol But still, when rushing for that achievement, you could do it REALLY REALLY quickly. Like 15 hours when using taxi's as much as possible, skipping custscenes, etc.

I guess I had forgotten about that. Don't get me wrong, not knocking the game, just a little disappointed.

Although most games nowadays are 6-8 so anything that is around 15+ is a god send for those of us who actually like single player. I'm sure everyone here will get more than their moneys worth.

Bentendo

xxracerxx said:
Very much so.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? I don't know why, but when I went to Monument Valley, I truly felt overwhelmed. It was just so astounding and so beautiful... and this was a time when I didn't even know it was such a popular movie location. I'm very pleased to hear that it is at least represented (if not replicated... either way would be nice).

Pezking said:
Then why does the guy in the first video talk about jaggies on fences etc. and noticable frame rate drops, especially in bigger cities?

The PS3 version is alright (I'm getting it myself), but what makes you think it's the superior version?

Duh, because he is the guy who works at Rockstar!

enkeixpress said:
We are very sorry for the complete absence of any ps3 footage..

Our media & coding team choose what system to show the game off on & Xbox 360 is usually the most popular choice here at Rockstar.. well, most of the time.

But rest assured, that the PS3 version is just as good as the Xbox 360 version. They both look exactly the same & we have made sure to make that as obvious as possible on both platforms. We have learnt alot since developing GTA IV for the PS3 a few years back & we are now much more acquainted with how the console "ticks" & so, It is now on par with the Xbox 360 version more than ever.

You will love it & we have also given a little extra to PS3 users as a thank you gift. Xbox 360 users will receive this further on down the line though so all is well.

Yours sincerely, Rockstar Games.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Well, I think old enkeixpress: may be facing the ban hammer unless he provides us some real proof he's with Rockstar.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
RSTEIN said:
Well, I think old enkeixpress: may be facing the ban hammer unless he provides us some real proof he's with Rockstar.

Only a pic of him and Houser tongue kissing will suffice.

MercuryLS

Banned
Zeliard said:
I almost bought RDR on PS3 because I'm so tired of the dogshit 360 hardware. RROD is by far the worst thing about this gen.

Earlier X360's were indeed garbage, I've got an Elite that I bought a year ago though and it's been fantastic. Runs cool, very quiet (even if I use the disc drive), no issues at all.

If MS didn't offer the 3 years warranty thing then things would have been much worse. That said, they deserve every bit of hate that comes their way for rushing buggy hardware onto the market. One things for sure, I'm never buying launch MS hardware ever again.

Lolligag

WrikaWrek said:
Stolen from another forum

Hot damn, holy shit. Amazing T.V!

Do we have a new off screen champion?
That's already been linked in this thread a few times.

I love how there's different angles but the guy doesn't correct the off screen thing at all.

FrankT

JetBlackPanda said:
this thread is trending so close to the GTAIV thread its scary! I want out, but I need my RDR news fix until tomorrow.

Just wait until we all start getting our hands on it tonight.

speculawyer said:
There has got to be some story behind that. Why are his arms flapping? Why would they even have such an animation? Perhaps a bird animation is used with a man model? :lol

Got to be something to it because it is hilarious .

snack

I just heard about this game recently. I understand that it's got online play, but will it be addicting enough for me to keep wanting to play it? I'm a sucka for online game modes. I'll still play the single player but most of my time will be focused on the online portion.

Dresden

Costanza said:
Anyone read the NYTimes review? Holy fuckkkkkkkk
Yeah, that's the article that made me pre order the game. I think the Times has to be more reliable than the usual IGN hypetrain. :lol

Clevinger

speculawyer said:
There has got to be some story behind that. Why are his arms flapping? Why would they even have such an animation? Perhaps a bird animation is used with a man model? :lol

Euphoria is just that awesome, that even its bugs are incredible.

Gravijah

WrikaWrek said:
Stolen from another forum

Hot damn, holy shit. Amazing T.V!

Do we have a new off screen champion?

I want to play all games through a video camera recording the screen of the game I'm playing.

Sethos

Banned
NYR said:
Now which version PS3 or 360...argh!!!

360 of course. No, this is not to troll but why go for the inferior version? I mean, they both do run fine and look good but the 360 version runs real HD and a higher / steadier framerate overall - I'd say that's pretty important when we're already scraping the bottom at 30 FPS + -

I'm so bored waiting for this that I went out and just bought some real triggers just to give them a shot. I really wanted some gel tab covers for my sticks but I didn't find them and GS, BB, WM, ESP, or BAMF.

Top Bottom