• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

sdornan

Chesskid1 said:
if you didn't see the credits, you didn't beat the game, btw. i thought i beat it too but then there is an unmarked mission you have to beat to see credits. its actually a stranger mission that finishes up the game.

Goddammit...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Heh, think I just got almost-played by an enterprising GameStop manager.

Called to see if they'd have any copies left for walk-ins at the midnight opening. He said they wouldn't, but they did have ONE copy left for pre-order, and if I hurried up and pre-ordered I'd get it. Never mind that I didn't specify which system I wanted it for. :lol

Called up the next closest GameStop and they said they'd have some left for walk-ins. Excellent. :D

sdornan

Seraphis Cain said:
Heh, think I just got almost-played by an enterprising GameStop manager.

Called to see if they'd have any copies left for walk-ins at the midnight opening. He said they wouldn't, but they did have ONE copy left for pre-order, and if I hurried up and pre-ordered I'd get it. Never mind that I didn't specify which system I wanted it for. :lol

Called up the next closest GameStop and they said they'd have some left for walk-ins. Excellent. :D

:lol :lol :lol GameStop sucks.

bishoptl said:
I might have enjoyed finding that out in-game, thank you.

Me neither.

Cold as ice! I agree though, finding little things like that are part of the fun of these games. So I bid you all farewell, see you at midnight.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
bishoptl said:
I might have enjoyed finding that out in-game, thank you.

Me neither.

Thank you. I can't stand spoilers and hopefully this will deter any wide-eyed juniors from doing something similar.

nskinnear said:
[EDIT] Nevermind. Apparently, people are starting to post ending spoilers in the streams.

Personally the stream watching for me is over, when I saw the dude going into old Mexico the other day I had to cut myself off. :lol

Costanza said:
And piss away $24 by not ordering from Amazon.

Seriously guys, NOT WORTH IT.

God THERE IS NO WAY THIS STATEMENT MAKES SENSE.

There is no possible way you are "pissing away" $24. It's not even like the $20 is free! It's intrinsically linked to you spending money on another game from Amazon. That's like me saying YOU'RE pissing away twenty-FIVE dollars by not buying the game at Toys R Us where they're giving away gift cards with the game.

*eats broken glass*
*feels marginally better*

Costanza

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
God THERE IS NO WAY THIS STATEMENT MAKES SENSE.

There is no possible way you are "pissing away" $24. It's not even like the $20 is free! It's intrinsically linked to you spending money on another game from Amazon. That's like me saying YOU'RE pissing away twenty-FIVE dollars by not buying the game at Toys R Us where they're giving away gift cards with the game.

*eats broken glass*
*feels marginally better*
It's a gift card for anything on Amazon, not just video games. It's fucking AMAZON. They literally sell everything so it's just like cash!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Costanza said:
I guarantee you're losing money on that trade-in "deal".

LBP GOTY (Retails for $30 now) + SSF4 (Retails for $40, plus I really shouldn't play competitive online games...not good for my...walls...>_>).

I'm not losing out on much, plus I can't really afford the full $60 price right now. This is the best deal for me right now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Costanza said:
It's a gift card for anything on Amazon, not just video games. It's fucking AMAZON. They literally sell everything so it's just like cash!

No. At least not for me, doesn't work that way. Game purchases only.

Costanza said:

That's fine, but I am not "pissing away" $24 by not taking advantage of the offer.

A) I am getting the game as soon as humanly possible.
B) I am getting the soundtrack (not a big deal but not bad either)
C) To get the game tomorrow I'd either have to have dropped $70 for prime or spend an inordinate amount on shipping

SO maybe I've "pissed away" six bucks but even then, boy are you pushing it, semantically.

;D

noisome07

Banned
RbBrdMan said:
No. At least not for me, doesn't work that way. Game purchases only.

Red Dead Redemption:

Pre-order your copy of Red Dead Redemption and get a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card. Additionally you'll receive access to an Amazon exclusive in-game golden guns weapon pack, which let you gain fame faster (fame gains you access to in-game side missions). Gift card and access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Additional restrictions apply.

SMG2:

Order Super Mario Galaxy 2 and get $20 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing orders. Limit of both one per household and one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Big Ass Ramp said:
Just FYI(because I didn't realize it), but the $40 trade in deal at Gamestop is no longer happening. It ended on the 16th.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption only. Red Dead Redemption releases 5/18, Super Mario Galaxy 2 releases 5/23, UFC 2010 releases 5/25. Release dates subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/06/10.

Um.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That is great news about the amazon gift card, I was having a hard time figuring out what video game I would buy next. I already had 20 off my RDR purchase from ME2. So I ended up snagging RDR for 16 bucks (with this giftcard)

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Seraphis Cain said:

Uh. Well, my gamestop turned me away because they said it was expired. Huh..

EDIT: Fucking Gamestop douchebag, I knew something was wrong. First time I've stepped foot in a Gamestop in the past 10 months, and now I remember why.

Going to be a bitch waiting for UPS tomorrow!

Quick question though, in the co-op DLC coming in June they talked of how co-op was 'needed' to round out the full experience.

This coming June Red Dead Redemption will be getting its first free DLC mission pack called "Outlaw To The End," focusing entirely on Co-op gameplay. Co-op gameplay being something that needed to be added to RDR in order for the game to be "complete," says Sam Houser, found of Rockstar Games. The mission pack will be available simultaneously for Xbox and PS3 users.

Does this mean that there are no strictly 2-4 player co-op missions being shipped with the game and that all MP stuff is posse stuff or is there co-op, posse, and SP stuff?

BenjaminBirdie said:
That's fine, but I am not "pissing away" $24 by not taking advantage of the offer.

A) I am getting the game as soon as humanly possible.
B) I am getting the soundtrack (not a big deal but not bad either)
C) To get the game tomorrow I'd either have to have dropped $70 for prime or spend an inordinate amount on shipping

SO maybe I've "pissed away" six bucks but even then, boy are you pushing it, semantically.

;D

You can get release day shipping for 5.95, which is right around what you would spend in tax at a retail store.

Top Bottom