• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Dineren

Banned
I wish I had taken the day off tomorrow, if there is a game to skip work for it seems like this would be it. I'm not a fan of Rockstar open world games, but I love this setting and the exploration aspect alone looks to be enough to satisfy me. It has even managed to get me to resubscribe to Xbox live even though I never play multiplayer games, hope it doesn't disappoint on that end.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Hunter Gather said:
They must have an exclusive deal? No other on-line book seller lists it in stock. You'd think they'd want as many retailers to try to move this book on day one. I assume the majority of the book purchases will be day one.
Check post number #6100.

DenogginizerOS said:
Check post number #6100.

Dude I was looking on Barn's web site last week and they had 'out of stock' like all of the other sites. Cool I'll order it from there. (Hate EB will never buy anything from EB)

Snipes424 said:
Anyone else's game have not shipped from Amazon yet? I'm getting a little worried.

Dont worry, ive ordered over 10 games from amazon with release day shipping, always comes. Most the time youll get on the day of its relase and see its shipped an already in your town, they just didnt update it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Big Ass Ramp said:
sigh

I'll have to do this. I wonder why this guy was so certain that the offer had expired.

Yeah. I just called up the GameStop I'm going to at midnight and he confirmed that they're still doing the $40 off deal. So your GameStop just doesn't know what they're talking about.

CozMick

Banned
UFRA said:
Can someone with the PS3 version confirm...

Is the install 600MB or 3.7GB? I've heard both now...

The install for RDR is 600mb.

He was referring to the install size of Split Second which was meant to be 7gb, but actually it was a misprint and is 3.7gb.

UFRA

CozMick said:
The install for RDR is 600mb.

He was referring to the install size of Split Second which was meant to be 7gb, but actually it was a misprint and is 3.7gb.

Ah ok thanks, I thought he was saying the 600MB was a misprint.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Snipes424 said:
Anyone else's game have not shipped from Amazon yet? I'm getting a little worried.

11qpqhi.png

I'm also worried. ME2 came on release day but that is the only experience I have with Amazon+Prime release day delivery.

Costanza said:
Is it "shipping soon"? No worries if it is. But otherwise, you're not getting it tomorrow.
Hope so.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah. I just called up the GameStop I'm going to at midnight and he confirmed that they're still doing the $40 off deal. So your GameStop just doesn't know what they're talking about.

Ok, wow, thanks buddy. My Gamestop is just frustratingly uninformed.

Tokubetsu

BenjaminBirdie said:
That's fine, but I am not "pissing away" $24 by not taking advantage of the offer.

A) I am getting the game as soon as humanly possible.
B) I am getting the soundtrack (not a big deal but not bad either)
C) To get the game tomorrow I'd either have to have dropped $70 for prime or spend an inordinate amount on shipping

SO maybe I've "pissed away" six bucks but even then, boy are you pushing it, semantically.

;D

How are you getting the soundtrack?

I never play videogames anymore but I'm debating getting this. I really want to trade in the games I'll never play again. Any deals for trading in the following anywhere?

Uncharted 2
Halo ODST
Gears 2
DMC4
Rock Band 2

RbBrdMan said:
11qpqhi.png

I'm also worried. ME2 came on release day but that is the only experience I have with Amazon+Prime release day delivery.
fwiw, my amazon order just was confirmed shipped, and I picked free shipping. Never had an issue with release day shipping from amazon.

Dineren

Banned
Those with release date deliveries that haven't shipped yet shouldn't worry too much. I've ordered ton of games from Amazon and even ones that didn't show as shipped until after 10pm the day before still managed to make it on time. I've never had a late delivery from them. They've got shipping down.

nskinnear said:
I don't think I could justify the purchase of a guidebook when all of the same info (+ more!) can be found on the internet for free. If I could find one for around $10, I'd probably bite... but $20 is a bit much for something like that.

Oh I hear that BUT that info is not on the internet until someone actually gets all that information and puts it up. Might be just a few days but still when you have the level of impatience that I do a few days is a long time.

Big-ass Ramp

DanielPlainview said:
I never play videogames anymore but I'm debating getting this. I really want to trade in the games I'll never play again. Any deals for trading in the following anywhere?

Uncharted 2
Halo ODST
Gears 2
DMC4
Rock Band 2

You can trade edit:Uncharted 2 and Rock Band 2 for $40 off at Gamestop.

edit2: nevermind.

Cday

Banned
Um so has anyone else's Amazon order disappeared?

edit: Nvm it was just showing the past 30 days, which I ordered RDR 31 days ago. Derp

Big Ass Ramp said:
Jesus, I feel like I'm losing my mind. It was on there, I swear.

Disregard my last post, I guess. You could still do Uncharted 2 and Rock Band 2.

I don't see Rock Band 2 on that list either :(

I really don't mind trading them all in at once. I will literally never touch any of them again. I just wonder if they will all add up to $60. Doesn't Gamestop have a 30% bonus trade-in thing going on?

Big-ass Ramp

DanielPlainview said:
I don't see Rock Band 2 on that list either :(

:O

:O

Ok, they just changed the list, I swear. Rock Band 2 was on there too. Christ. Disregard my last posts. I was absolutely no help to you, sorry.

Dont worry about amazon shipping guys. I have had games ship in the middle of the night(3-4 am) and get to my house on time. I live in PA, and these things normally ship from Illinois I believe..

bunbun777

Less than 7 hours to go..... Tonight me and the roomies are going straight to the MP asap- I'll be the chica with a sombrero riding a buffalo shooting my pistola! Yeehaaaa!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Yay:

May 17, 2010 04:14:31 PM Phoenix AZ US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Top Bottom