• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

JoeBoy101

Billy Mitchell said:
that would be an amazing game. hopefully they already have something like that in mind for the future!

Not to mention that we need a really good Pirates game. Sid Meier's is good, but its ancient. Sea Dogs was pretty good, but not on the same level as R* could do it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Is it wrong of me for wanting to own a real life horse now?
They're such amazing animals. One day for sure though, when I get a country house.

Also, as others have mentioned if you smoke cannabis this game becomes even more amazing. I probably played 85% of my play-through baked and it was simply sublime.

eznark

Banned
Kaako said:
They're such amazing animals. One day for sure though, when I get a country house.

Also, as others have mentioned if you smoke cannabis this game becomes even more amazing. I probably played 85% of my play-through baked and it was simply sublime.

Why would it be wrong to own a horse? It's actually easier to control my horses than the horses in this game. They got it decently close though.

Kaako said:

And the bar of conversation is raised again.

Gravijah

Kaako said:

sorry dude, I only play my games while sniffing paint thinner.

joelseph

Kaako said:

Don't change Kaako, you're special.

phinious

Anyone know how to tell if a new horse is better than your last horse?

Also I am trying to use dead eye, but I dont get the marking part of it. How does it work?

Lastly, I love the game so far. The only thing that gets me is the SUPER small icons and text and the speed at which the text goes by. They want you to read while you are in the middle of a scripted battle. Kinda whack imo.

Game's fantastic, but I'm a little disappointed how John is a very polite and helpful bounty hunter as opposed to a stone cold badass in the vein of the Man With No Name.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Grimm Fandango said:
I busted out in poker. I promptly got up from the table, shot the other two players and left.
Didn't even loot em to get your $$$ back?
I found that the easiest way to probably make some quick cash is the $200 dice game. I outsmarted the ai player 9 outta 10 times on average. Cha-ching.

Red Blaster said:
Game's fantastic, but I'm a little disappointed how John is a very polite and helpful bounty hunter as opposed to a stone cold badass in the vein of the Man With No Name.

The Man with No Name was polite and helpful.

You know, I think part of the reason I'm going to love RDR even more than a typical GTA game is that you can choose to be a nice guy. It always seemed as though in GTAIV, even though Niko was trying to be on the up and up, he rarely if ever did any missions that one might call "honorable".

In this game, it's kind of like GTA meets a bit of the BioWare morality choices, which I love. Talking with someone last night, it reminds me a lot of Fallout 3, another game where I got sidetracked by all the awesome shit you can do that has pretty much nothing to do with the main story. Just running around in the virtual world.

coopolon

Sorry if it's been asked and answered.

Has anyone figured out how tell what horse you are riding? I want to go out and catch myself the best horse I can, because that would be fun, except I have absolutely no idea which horses are good or bad based on looking at them. I know the better ones are probably solid colored, but that is of little help.

Skiptastic said:
The Man with No Name was polite and helpful.

Not as overly polite and forward as John, also the Man with No Name was rather morally ambiguous. I don't dislike John's character, it's just not what I expected.

lantus

So did anyone else get two golden gun codes from Amazon? I got one packaged inside my game and a code in an email from them.

Ranger X

coopolon said:
Sorry if it's been asked and answered.

Has anyone figured out how tell what horse you are riding? I want to go out and catch myself the best horse I can, because that would be fun, except I have absolutely no idea which horses are good or bad based on looking at them. I know the better ones are probably solid colored, but that is of little help.

Look at their allure, their muscles. Low quality horses are skinnier, worse looking color, less muscles.

Can you only capture bounty heads alive once you have the Lasso?
I thought you could shot them in the leg, but after 4 leg shots he dies anyway. It wouldn't let me knock him out with my fist ether.

RotBot

BobTheFork said:
Can you only capture bounty heads alive once you have the Lasso?
I thought you could shot them in the leg, but after 4 leg shots he dies anyway. It wouldn't let me knock him out with my fist ether.
You need to unlock the lasso. The first mission with the sheriff where you shoot them in the leg is misleading.

Has anyone seen any good RDR PS3 XMB themes? I got the nice wallpapers from the official site, but I'm still trying to find a decent icon set for the XMB that fits the game. Something similar to the theme of the OP is what I'm looking for really :D

Zeliard

Red Blaster said:
Not as overly polite and forward as John, also the Man with No Name was rather morally ambiguous. I don't dislike John's character, it's just not what I expected.

I expected him to be more of a loner type, but Martson's quite the talker.

By the way, you're doing yourself a great disservice if you aren't experiencing this game's sound properly.

I'm sure this has been answered but I put the golden gun code in and cannot find the golden guns. I went to the blacksmith but there was nothing there. Where are they?

Alucrid

Banned
Shit, I've been playing the game with the bandanna just for looks, but I didn't realize it doesn't give you honor or fame. :lol :lol

Gravijah

Wheres the Gamertag list website thinger?

Alucrid said:
Shit, I've been playing the game with the bandanna just for looks, but I didn't realize it doesn't give you honor or fame. :lol :lol

Shit you don't get fame or honor? Are you sure? Fuck. :lol

pr0cs

Rollo Larson said:
my social club stats will not update. anyone with this issue?
yeah I think the linking to RDR is broken.
At least for me on the 360 version. No one on my friends list on the social club has it linked either so it's probably b0rked.

Red Blaster said:
Yeah you're right, it's kinda pussy. Very unlike the GTA antiheroes.

pr0cs said:
At least for me on the 360 version. No one on my friends list on the social club has it linked either so it's probably b0rked.

Mine worked, I've got all the SC cheats and the Elegant Suit unlocked. But the reason I got through was I linked it at like 2am after the midnight release, I'm sure the servers are fucked atm.

pr0cs said:
Hilarious. I was at a function where Robert Bork was the keynote speaker a few years back... it has got to suck to have your name turned into a verb that means "screwed." :lol

Gravijah

sw33tclyde said:
Mine worked, I've got all the SC cheats and the Elegant Suit unlocked. But the reason I got through was I linked it at like 2am after the midnight release, I'm sure the servers are fucked atm.

Got mine linked yesterday, too.

Barrett2

DeuceMojo said:
Hilarious. I was at a function where Robert Bork was the keynote speaker a few years back... it has got to suck to have your name turned into a verb that means "screwed." :lol

Thats interesting. Was he a good speaker? Do you remember what he talked about?

I got to see John Roberts speak at a small-ish event a year ago, it was memorable.

Artex

Banned
Krauser Kat said:
hows the ps3 version? i have 20 bucks coming to me from Mario Galaxy next week think i might pick this up.

As long as you don't go in the comparison thread, you'll love it! I have the PS3 version, have played both, and prefer the PS3 version simply for the controller. Great game thus far!

Top Bottom