• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Kholdstare

I hate having to share my TV with the family.
All I want to do is plop down a good 5 hours with this game and not feel like I'm always lost.

EDIT: Am I the only one who prefers the slow mo effect without the mark and execute thing attached to it? It felt more rewarding.

Stitch

Gold Member
how does the custom soundtrack work? does it replace the ingame soundtrack?

would be cool if i could listen to some morricone soundtracks.

DrBo42

mescalineeyes said:
oh my god, I arrived in
Mexico
, mounted the first horse and all of a sudden the most beautiful song started playing while I was riding along the river. What the fuck. This game is unreal.

Favorite part of the game so far. That shit was soooo good.

Loxley said:
I think when I do a second playthrough of this (likely with cheats :D) I think I'm actually going to play it with the music turned off. Just to see how much of a No Country for Old Men vibe I can get.

I fucking love the soundtrack, and it'll pain me turn it off, but I'm just curious to see if the game feels any different.

That said I'm about six or so hours in jesus christ I love this game. Already in my top five of the generation.

Gotta say the cheats look relatively interesting and I'll definitely be going for all of them.

Branson

So do you unlock anything in muliplayer while going through the sp? Just wondering because I have to buy both versions now because of friends splitting on the ps3 and 360...

Lothars

Arkaerial said:
Is this coming out on the pc?

EDIT: just noticed on the opening post under faq section.

I know we don't know but I would be shocked if this game isn't gonna come out for PC in like 6 months or so.

aside from the war horse, which horse is the best? are there rare horses that appear in the wild?

where can i get this guy below? know what type of horse that is?

rdr_horse_03_29.jpg

anddo0

Where the hell is Mo Van Baar?

I've done well over 20 bounty's and can't get him to show up. It's to the point where the bounty's no longer have names listed.. How will I know it's him, will it have his name?

soldat7

goldsoundz said:
*spoiler*

Incidents like this should be spoiler tagged. Now many of us don't get the pleasure of witnessing that first-hand. There is no harm in taking a little precaution with your posts.

Lothars

I am loving this game, I have played a couple of missions mainly to get the lasso and now that I have I am just going around and doing bountys bought my first house in town, It's just fantastic.

I look forward to playing more of it.

Urge to purchase for the X360 rising.... will to wait for envitable PC version waining...

Must keep telling myself to wait until E3 to see if superior version announced.

Nelo Ice

Banned
anddo0 said:

I've done well over 20 bounty's and can't get him to show up. It's to the point where the bounty's no longer have names listed.. How will I know it's him, will it have his name?

weird he shouldve been the 1st bounty you get in armadillo

he showed up as my 1st bounty at least also speaking of him the deadly assassin outfit is ridiculously cheap :lol

my deadeye recharges insanely fast now and i can just spam it :lol

EekTheKat

So yeah, last night I learned that I had unlocked
the Duster - cheap but cool looking
and I had just made enough money to
buy a Winchester - always loved this rifle in Westerns

As I was walking out of the gun store I see (random event - )
4 guys on horseback dragging a woman that was lassoed along the ground. I couldn't have asked for a better way to test that Winchester :lol

Ended the whole thing with 3 head shots and one guy hit in the shoulder. Whole thing was just so very, very badass.

Frillen

Kholdstare said:
I hate having to share my TV with the family.
All I want to do is plop down a good 5 hours with this game and not feel like I'm always lost.

EDIT: Am I the only one who prefers the slow mo effect without the mark and execute thing attached to it? It felt more rewarding.

We have 4 TVs in our house right now, and there are 3 people living in it :lol :lol

Teknoman

Branson said:
So do you unlock anything in muliplayer while going through the sp? Just wondering because I have to buy both versions now because of friends splitting on the ps3 and 360...

Nope I think MP unlocks are totally seperate.

jdub03

anybody gamefly this. It shipped out on Monday and still hasn't arrived. I usually get my games in a day. I suspect someone may have stolen it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
anddo0 said:

Samesies, I can't find that fucker.

Hey guys I am being serious. My save on the 360 version is completley shot. The game broke. I have horses that wont move (I cant even start missions) or literally fly through the air. The wagons are jumping all over the place, nobody else has this?

Scopitone

Neo Member
Try this?

Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

burgerdog said:
Has anyone gotten their $20 gift card from amazon yet?

I haven't. Every other giftcard from Amazon has taken maybe 24 hours after the initial shipping e mail, but this one is "late." They DO say 10 days though, but I've never had to wait anywhere close to that.

Teknoman

DMeisterJ said:
Samesies, I can't find that fucker.

I found the wanted poster for em in at
Armadillo's train station

The guy is a gentleman (politely asked me to untie him :lol and to work things out) and a good shot (or just had a really good pistol).

kaskade

I played this game so much today. I'm not liking dead eye 2 as much as one though. I mark the wrong thing sometimes. Hopefully 3 is coming soon. I must say though, the game is damn fun.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
mescalineeyes said:
oh my god, I arrived in
Mexico
, mounted the first horse and all of a sudden the most beautiful song started playing while I was riding along the river. What the fuck. This game is unreal.
I fucking love that about it. Some amazing songs during/after some important missions and key places. I'm sooooo buying the soundtrack if there is any.

-PXG-

Just bought this sucker on PS3. This have better be worth my money GAF. I'm not an impulse purchase kind of guy. I plan shit in advance.

One random event I haven't seen anyone mention:

Riding through the area between Armadillo, and Hennigen's Stead around maybe 2AM gametime, and I see a man next to a campfire firing his pistol at birds wildly. I approach carefully, and he challenges me with a bet of $11 to see if I can shoot 3 very high birds within something like 45 seconds. I did it, and he disappointingly had to pay me. Nothing over the top, but just an extremely cool encounter in the middle of nowhere.

macfoshizzle said:
aside from the war horse, which horse is the best? are there rare horses that appear in the wild?

where can i get this guy below? know what type of horse that is?

Not sure about that particular horse, but I randomly just lassoed a cool looking one I saw (a lot like that one only the reddish/crimson color) and it was followed immediately with a "new stuff at shops" notice on my screen. When I went to the general store I 'think' there was a new horse available for $750 that said 'Fast'. I don't remember their being a 'Fast' one when I glanced through them earlier in the game.

Who knows? They might unlock to buy as you capture them but really I'm not sure. It's so hard to pay attention to all the little details as I'm playing this game not as a game, but more as a story.

Net_Wrecker said:
One random event I haven't seen anyone mention:

Riding through the area between Armadillo, and Hennigen's Stead around maybe 2AM gametime, and I see a man next to a campfire firing his pistol at birds wildly. I approach carefully, and he challenges me with a bet of $11 to see if I can shoot 3 very high birds within something like 45 seconds. I did it, and he disappointingly had to pay me. Nothing over the top, but just an extremely cool encounter in the middle of nowhere.

that happened to me last night. easiest bet so far

Kaako

Felium Defensor
-PXG- said:
Just bought this sucker on PS3. This have better be worth my money GAF. I'm not an impulse purchase kind of guy. I plan shit in advance.
You done good man. Honestly this game wasn't even on my radar until a month ago. But I'm soooo glad I got it and may even double dip for the PS3 version as well.

soldat7

kaskade said:
I played this game so much today. I'm not liking dead eye 2 as much as one though. I mark the wrong thing sometimes. Hopefully 3 is coming soon. I must say though, the game is damn fun.

You can download a cheat to reset it to level 1. I think you have to be part of the Social Club though. *turns up nose*

Risette

A Good Citizen
My game is totally bugging out now. Carriages bouncing like they have GTA hookers in them, carriages and horses randomly slingshotting into the air, floating horses. What the hell. :lol

MMaRsu

Goddamnit I better be able to buy this game tomorrow or I'm gonna throw over a fucking magazine rack or something

Aigis said:
My game is totally bugging out now. Carriages bouncing like they have GTA hookers in them, carriages and horses randomly slingshotting into the air, floating horses. What the hell. :lol

Someone else in this thread is having that very same issue. Might be a widespread issue with Euphoria.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Aigis said:

havent seen the other stuff but when i was in thieves landing the stage coach was bouncing and i could hear it all around town :lol

-PXG-

Outtrigger888 said:
You picked the right game to impulse buy enjoy it :D

The last game I bought on a whim was Darksiders. Good thing I got it used :lol My only concern is that this game is just an old West GTA IV. I didn't like it because Rockstar took out what made San Andreas so great. They watered down the core game play, and instead included a plethora of gimmicks and novelties (EH COUZIN! WANNA GO BOWLING!!?").

Let's hope Red Dead doesn't disappoint.

Top Bottom