• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

MMaRsu said:
You have three people living in 4 tv's?

:lol holy shit. Don't know why but that made me laugh pretty good!

Nelo Ice said:
havent seen the other stuff but when i was in thieves landing the stage coach was bouncing and i could hear it all around town :lol

My game glitched during one of the missions and one of the characters (the one the cutscene was focusing on) was about 200 ft in the distance. The game is really glitchy in some parts haha.

Biff

So, just for fun I decided to have a good ole Western shootout.

I ended up wasting the entire town and now have a bounty of $1300 on my head. Literally the entire town. When I killed the last guy,
a little thing popped up saying that this town now fears me, and I can intimidate them easier or something.

Is this going to fuck the rest of the game up in terms of constantly being chased by
U.S. Marshalls
? I saved right before my massacre.. I'm thinking I should just revert to that older save for sake of continuing the game properly.

I ordered RDR from Amazon and got the Golden Guns. The code came as an insert within the game but then Amazon emailed me a code for it that is obviously different. If anyone has an extra code for one of the other pre-order bonuses give me a PM and we can trade codes.

TLDR: PM to trade a Golden Guns weapon pack code for another pre-order code.

SaitoH

I mentioned a few hours ago I was having issues with only the Posse Leader getting credit for quests in free roam. Well, apparently it was just an issue last night, because everyone got credit for quests tonight. Aside from kill X quests, which makes sense.

Welp, my X360 finally died. Am very sad it did so when I've yet to even get very far in RDR and AW. :( As consolation, I've been listening to the OST from the preorder download. WOW! This might be favorite game soundtrack this generation and easily one of the most awesome ones I've ever heard. Locomotive beats, galloping and deep. Harmonicas whining away, brass trumpeting out. And the guitar...LOVE IT. And it so suits the game in a way that few soundtracks ever do while it flavors the action, whatever that might be at that moment, and still provides dramatic listenable quality that works alone where most modern game music is little more than pure ambiance and incidental accompaniment that fails to work so well alone. Standouts are obviously The Shootist, El Club de Los Cuerpos, and Triggernometry...but this whole thing is great stuff! Driving from Santa Fe to Albuquerque with this blaring was certainly awesome.

Soundtrack is so awesome, I agree. Without a doubt my favorite of all-time up to this point.

Hey, has anyone figured out how to tell what horse breed you're currently using? I can't imagine there's anything better than the Kentucky Saddler?

Mexico is so fucking cool I'm losing it.

Snookie said:
Anyone else having problem validating their codes? I'm using the 360 version and I cant get my deadly assassin outfit. :(

Same problem here. I've tried everything including deleting the game data, saving multiple times, signing in to R* social club etc, the challenges just don't show up. =(

stupei

What's amazing about this game is it takes all the best things about GTA IV -- the writing and world building -- while fixing so much of what didn't work.

The GTA series has always sort of felt like two games in one. There are the missions that you have to travel out of your way to get to which progress the story and then there's the chaos you can create running around in the world. Somehow this game feels like it merges the two into one experience within one world where everything is a part of the landscape and the story. Feels so organic.

Teknoman

Net_Wrecker said:
One random event I haven't seen anyone mention:

Riding through the area between Armadillo, and Hennigen's Stead around maybe 2AM gametime, and I see a man next to a campfire firing his pistol at birds wildly. I approach carefully, and he challenges me with a bet of $11 to see if I can shoot 3 very high birds within something like 45 seconds. I did it, and he disappointingly had to pay me. Nothing over the top, but just an extremely cool encounter in the middle of nowhere.

Wow...only random thats happened to me and seemingly no one else is
almost getting jacked by a bar girl in the wild, then pointing my gun at her and having Marston say "Now dont be afraid". Needless to say she ran away as fast as possible

Had no idea someone like that would be so far from town.

Klocker

soldat7 said:
You can download a cheat to reset it to level 1. I think you have to be part of the Social Club though. *turns up nose*

evidently cheats disable saving though, which is a good thing for me so I'm not tempted to use them as much

Teknoman

ChefRamsay said:
So, just for fun I decided to have a good ole Western shootout.

I ended up wasting the entire town and now have a bounty of $1300 on my head. Literally the entire town. When I killed the last guy,
a little thing popped up saying that this town now fears me, and I can intimidate them easier or something.

Is this going to fuck the rest of the game up in terms of constantly being chased by
U.S. Marshalls
? I saved right before my massacre.. I'm thinking I should just revert to that older save for sake of continuing the game properly.

Wouldnt that still be properly? If you're an outlaw, you're an outlaw. Either way you'll have people gunning for you no matter what. Just depends on who and where.

Affeinvasion said:
I ordered RDR from Amazon and got the Golden Guns. The code came as an insert within the game but then Amazon emailed me a code for it that is obviously different. If anyone has an extra code for one of the other pre-order bonuses give me a PM and we can trade codes.

TLDR: PM to trade a Golden Guns weapon pack code for another pre-order code.

That's weird, I got nothing in my actual box. I only got what they emailed me.

Edit: It was wedged in the map, I guess they gave everyone two. :lol

Downhome

I absolutely can't shake the thought I have of Bill Paxton being the voice of John Marston, even though I know it isn't him. :lol

Random cool thing I love to do: With my horse tied to a hitchin' post, or just standing around, I love to go to the second or third, whatever, floor and jump down and land right in the saddle and take off.

daddynorcal

Neo Member
anddo0 said:
Where the hell is Mo Van Baar?

I've done well over 20 bounty's and can't get him to show up. It's to the point where the bounty's no longer have names listed.. How will I know it's him, will it have his name?

We're aware that some people are experiencing this issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Dead to Rights said:
Same problem here. I've tried everything including deleting the game data, saving multiple times, signing in to R* social club etc, the challenges just don't show up. =(

I've got an even worse problem. I've entered my code to download the soundtrack and the file is corrupted. I can't extract any of the MP3s. Now when I try to re-download it I'm told I can't because I've already downloaded the zip file. Isn't downloadable content great!

Stormwatch said:
I've got an even worse problem. I've entered my code to download the soundtrack and the file is corrupted. I can't extract any of the MP3s. Now when I try to re-download it I'm told I can't because I've already downloaded the zip file. Isn't downloadable content great!

I have the same problem. Got the zip file to extract, but the files are corrupt. WTF is up with all these glitches and DLC problems?

So the safe at Macfarlane's Ranch in the..."guy's" office (it's late and I can't remember the name of it)

I had the option to "crack" it but I up'd and turned yella and didn't do it.

I reckon I'm wonderin how bad it'll go for me if I try to crack that safe. Will I totally gimp my game by pissing off the starter area?

I want to be a villain but the whole risk/reward thing...

Nos_G

I had a pretty funny moment in Armadillo. Some NPC rode into town gunning for me, I shoot him off his horse and lasso him up.

Normally, I would just have left him, but I hear the train rolling in. I pick him up and lie him down on the train tracks. The train rolls in and he just gets pushed along. I tried to find him under the train, but only his restraints were found.

This game r0x!!!

Now with crappy iphone video: http://tinypic.com/m/a5jlsj/1

Loxley

ChefRamsay said:
I saved right before my massacre.. I'm thinking I should just revert to that older save for sake of continuing the game properly.

That's what I do whenever I feel like..."experimenting with my morality" around the locals...:D

Just save before any wrong-doins' and reload afterwards.

daddynorcal

Neo Member
TeTr1C said:
Same thing keeps happening to me. I'm on PS3.

What the hell is going on?

We apologize for anyone who is having this issue. We're aware of it and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. For the time being you may have success getting back online if you reboot your console.

Loxley said:
That's what I do whenever I feel like..."experimenting with my morality" around the locals...:D

Just save before any wrong-doins' and reload afterwards.

So if you feel like going a little crazy, the game allows for multiple saves?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Argh. I'm like, addicted to many things in the game. The challenges especially. :lol

Anyone unlock a lot of the outfits yet? I'm stuck on some of them. For example, one requires that I "search" Theives Landing. What am I searching for? Also, when does Horseshoes open up?

TheVampire said:
So has anyone figured out how to break in and rob houses like it was said you could do in the previews?

Some houses have armoires and chests. If you open them in front of the homeowners, you're in trouble, feller.

daddynorcal

Neo Member
MomoPufflet said:
Am I crazy or do my golden guns sometimes not load in single player? Sometimes they're silver, sometimes they're gold... :/

The Golden Guns bonus only applies to the Cattleman Revolver and the Repeater Carbine.

Stormwatch said:

Wow, that sucks man. Well now I'm not even going to try to download the zip file until everything is sorted out.

If you guys are having trouble with connection issues while trying to join a friend's free roam, I've found that loading up the game, then loading single player, then joining their request works a good amount of the time.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Mostly the riding on the horse. I just hate the way it controls, doesn't feel like it's ever doing what you want it to.

It takes some time to get used to. At first, I hated the horse controls, but now they feel second nature.

jdub03 said:
anybody gamefly this. It shipped out on Monday and still hasn't arrived. I usually get my games in a day. I suspect someone may have stolen it.
I got mine through Gamefly yesterday. I live in LA which is spitting distance from a distro center so that probably has something to do with it.

I am loving this game. One thing I can't seem to noodle out are the treasure maps. Any tips to figuring them out?

Nos_G

As for horse controls, you don't have to hold 'Up' all the time. Just tap tap hold 'A' and steer accordingly.

Also
the Duster Coat is great. Just makes Marston looks like a total badass.

DrBo42

Okay at the beginning of the game I was able to only fire 1 round in duels. Now that I'm in Mexico I can't seem to do it anymore. Can someone enlighten me? Is firing 1 round not possible?

Big Ass Ramp said:
It takes some time to get used to. At first, I hated the horse controls, but now they feel second nature.

I haven't gotten to play it much yet but I'm hoping the same happens to me. It also feels awkward like I don't know where to go next but I guess it's normal in these type of games?

Downhome said:
I absolutely can't shake the thought I have of Bill Paxton being the voice of John Marston, even though I know it isn't him. :lol

Random cool thing I love to do: With my horse tied to a hitchin' post, or just standing around, I love to go to the second or third, whatever, floor and jump down and land right in the saddle and take off.

Whoa, I swore that it was him. Its weird that it isn't. Heh.

Concept17

Great game so far. I've only reached level 7 on free roam so far, but I was wondering... do you only unlock the characters or is there a way to customize your clothing? Besides mounts, titles and characters, is there anything else to unlock?

Top Bottom