• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

DukeSucks

has anyone come across a white horse yet? I want to be the Lone Ranger :D

also, the first night sky looked so awesome, really dark with bright stars. But I have trouble seeing some of the dark places indoors so I messed with my settings. Now the night times don't look so great. If anyone hasn't adjusted display settings, are the defaults right in the center of the adjustment lines?

Cday said:
To duel you hold LT or L2 and move the cursor over their body and hit RT or R2 a bunch. At least that's what I've been doin, maybe there's a more elegant way to do it though.

Bout it, you have the option to use the right stick in a down, up motion to simulate reaching down and pulling out your gun.

Wiggum2007

Cday said:
To duel you hold LT or L2 and move the cursor over their body and hit RT or R2 a bunch. At least that's what I've been doin, maybe there's a more elegant way to do it though.

What's the difference between drawing with LT or using the right stick to hover your hand over the gun and draw? What do the bars on the bottom right signify? How do I know that I will win?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well I grabbed the 360 version on the way home from work. It sure was a nice surprise to a see a full-color manual on nice paper and even a cool poster / map included in the box! I didn't think people did this anymore.

Unfortunately I hadn't turned on my Xbox 360 since early February so now it's downloading some updates that are taking forever. I can't wait to play. This game looks completely awesome.

Mik2121

Hey guys, sorry for the laggy match. It was a lot of fun nevertheless! Though there were some objects here and there that were invisible, I guess we'll be seeing some patch and wait until the server gets less stressed.

Anyway, I'm at school now but I'll be going back in just a bit over an hour and a half. I have only played until after
keeping the ranch safe at night (first 'real' mission)
. I will be playing SP for a while and getting back at MP later on.

Again, lots of fun and the game looks.. wow!. Though I thought the intro/opening didn't look THAT hot and some backgrounds looked a bit bland, but oh man.. when the game itself started.. the sky was so beautiful, and everything looked so good.. Can't wait to get back home now! :lol :lol

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Certain aspects of this game reminds me of Robbie Robertson's Showdown At Big Sky.

GAF!!!

I just had an awesome moment in this game which made me feel like the god dammed Batman

I was in that town Armadillo at night time and I was up on the roofs of the houses / stores running and jumping across them (try it, its fun) .
Then while I was perched on the corner of a roof, watching over the town I heard a store owner shouting out that he had been robbed. Well not in my town!

I took off running, jumped from roof to roof, then jumped down to the ground, caught up to the robber, lasso’ed him and then dragged his ass back into town and handed him over to the shopkeeper to do with him as he pleased.

Stormwatch said:
I've got an even worse problem. I've entered my code to download the soundtrack and the file is corrupted. I can't extract any of the MP3s. Now when I try to re-download it I'm told I can't because I've already downloaded the zip file. Isn't downloadable content great!

Lame, they should have just shipped a cd. Its not expensive or difficult.

Downloading mine right now, it better not be corrupt.

Linkhero1

TheVampire said:
GAF!!!

I just had an awesome moment in this game which made me feel like the god dammed Batman

I was in that town Armadillo at night time and I was up on the roofs of the houses / stores running and jumping across them (try it, its fun) .
Then while I was perched on the corner of a roof, watching over the town I heard a store owner shouting out that he had been robbed. Well not in my town!

I took off running, jumped from roof to roof, then jumped down to the ground, caught up to the robber, lasso’ed him and then dragged his ass back into town and handed him over to the shopkeeper to do with him as he pleased.
o.o

I can't wait for my copy to arrive. This game sounds like everything I have ever wanted from a sandbox game.

kaskade

How does this game calculate time? It said when I check a few hours ago I've been playing for 14 hours. :lol :lol I really don't think I've been playing that long.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
what do I do with people who have tried to steal my horse after I catch them? Do I let them go? Do I take them to jail?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
HadesGigas said:
Just hogtied the
cannibal
. Wonder if I can turn him in or not. He'd better hope I can or it's the train tracks or him!

I tried to do that, but he disappeared when I brought him to the police station.

On a bounty hunting mission I had to go to Rio del Lobo, which conveniently enough was the location on the 2nd treasure map. So after capturing the bounty alive I rode back and followed the instructions on the map up to III. It was midnight at the time, so I figured I'd camp until morning when it would be easier to see. I saved and when Marston wakes up, I'm 100 yards away on another rock, wtf! Silly glitch, but I lol'd.

Also if you guys who wished there was a sit down button, don't worry about it. Just go to an amazing vista and go grab a drink or use the bathroom. After a couple of idle minutes the camera switches to an amazing cinematic view.

Sorry for the shit quality:
2ptv0a8.jpg

Wiggum2007

Wiggum2007 said:
What's the difference between drawing with LT or using the right stick to hover your hand over the gun and draw? What do the bars on the bottom right signify? How do I know that I will win?

Help!

Teknoman

DukeSucks said:
has anyone come across a white horse yet? I want to be the Lone Ranger :D

also, the first night sky looked so awesome, really dark with bright stars. But I have trouble seeing some of the dark places indoors so I messed with my settings. Now the night times don't look so great. If anyone hasn't adjusted display settings, are the defaults right in the center of the adjustment lines?

Yes.

Mik2121

Digital-Hero said:
Holy cow, its like we are playing two seperate games.

My screen:
http://i45.tinypic.com/6yli6q.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That sky looks crazy!.
I have not played much of the SP as I said before, and while playing online I didn't have much time to look around the skies.. so I have only seen one day sky and one night sky.

[QUOTE=Big Ass Ramp]what can I do with them once I've caught them?[/QUOTE]
I got the game just two hours ago and I've only played for a bit under an hour (I'm at school now) so I don't really know :P

Teknoman

Rapping Granny said:
WTF at the PS3 version right now?

Everyone trying to posse up but it keeps randomly kickng people out.

Fuck Gamespy and Rockstar.

And here I was saying it was strange that the 360 version had online issues and PS3 didnt.

Fix it Rockstar...more so Gamespy.

Oh man after chilling looking at that sweet ass river two or three packs of wolves just attacked me! I had to of just knifed 10 or 12 of 'em lmfao.

OMG! As I was cleaning up those pelts a random encounter happened where a guy was getting chased by another fucking pack of wolves! lololol

Seriously go to Rio del Lobos and get some wolf hearts, they're worth like $10 a piece, I'm rich biatch!!!

Gattsu25

Banned
Cday said:
I just do a single shot knocking the gun out of the guy's hand.

Haven't lost a duel yet

Dresden

I've been staying off multiplayer until I finish the single player story. I'd rather not get spoiled on this 'shattering' conclusion to the story, and I don't want to take chances.

Anyways,
killed French and Welsh to save Irish. Who fucked me over by leading me to some bumfuck bandit hideout, with no gatling gun in sight. :lol

Mik2121 said:
That sky looks crazy!.
I have not played much of the SP as I said before, and while playing online I didn't have much time to look around the skies.. so I have only seen one day sky and one night sky.

Yeah and it looks better in person. My camera is a crappy 1.5 megapixel LOL

Cday

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
what can I do with them once I've caught them?

Execute them
Train Tracks
Drag them behind your horse (to death if you wish)
Drown them
Push them off a cliff
Find a pack of wolves and drop them off

Edit: You can try trampling them with your horse. I've accidentally trampled small animals so it probably works for people too.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Cday said:
Execute them
Train Tracks
Drown them
Push them off a cliff

How do I push them off a cliff? Pardon my ignorance, but I couldn't figure it out. I could only place them right next to a cliff and I couldn't seem to push them while they were on the ground.

Cday said:
Execute them
Train Tracks
Drown them
Push them off a cliff

Edit: You can try trampling them with your horse. I've accidentally trampled small animals so it probably works for people too.

How do you drown people?
I tried carrying someone and wanted to put him down on the edge of a bridge so he would drop then fall over into the water but the prompt didnt appear and wouldnt let me.

Whew, so I'm finally done skinning all of the wolves.

Wolf pelt x 23
Wolf heart x 14

:lol :lol :lol

I just came from selling all of my provisions in town too, jesus.

Cday

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
How do I push them off a cliff? Pardon my ignorance, but I couldn't figure it out. I could only place them right next to a cliff and I couldn't seem to push them while they were on the ground.

You'll have to untie them first and be careful not to fall off yourself.

TheVampire said:
How do you drown people?
I tried carrying someone and wanted to put him down on the edge of a bridge so he would drop then fall over into the water but the prompt didnt appear and wouldnt let me.

Put them down in water shallow enough to walk in. There's a cabin East of McFarlane's Ranch with water shallow enough to walk in. If you're familiar with the Annabelle stranger mission that's what I mean. I drowned the old man there.

the
protecting the train/retaking it from enemies and the first gattling gun
missions are amazing. So much fun. Liking this game the more I play it.

My WoW addiction from years ago kicked into overdrive in this game:lol

Must collect herbs...

Must hunt...

Must skin..

Must do all side missions..

Fuck me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh boy I might be back in town in time to finally pick this up tomorrow night, I want it so bad.
I don't want to skin any cute little animals though...

Teknoman

Is there a Rockstar Games forum? Because you'd think they would know about these online issues by now. Maybe since they're supposed to be playing this week/weekend they'll see first hand?

Top Bottom