• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Haunted

Y2Kev said:
How do I know if it's better than the one I have?
Read the description of the horse deeds in the store and try to identify yours, then those in the wild.

Mechanically, there are only three types of horses in the game (1*/2*/3*)

Saargabath said:
Just got this. Awesome game! My only complaint : no reversible horizontal axis? Really? My brains are melting because of this. And then I HAVE to use casual aiming T_T will it be patched? Please tell me so.

Did you try the invert camera option? There's also an option above it to change the aiming mode, casual/normal/expert.

Can anyone confirm if the DLC disables trophies? Specifically the golden guns pack? I feel like I haven't gotten any trophies after I downloaded it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Rollo Tomasi said:
Can anyone confirm if the DLC disables trophies? Specifically the golden guns pack? I feel like I haven't gotten any trophies after I downloaded it.

Nope I downloaded the golden guns and have gotten all the trophies I've completed.

Alucrid

Banned
Rollo Tomasi said:

Nah, they shouldn't. They didn't disable achievements. But fyi, most achievements come closer to the end of the game.

gotee12

Just encountered a
wife leaning over her dead husband. She thens pulls the trigger and kills herself.
While that's been posted numerous times, I've always seen it talked about the other way around...

Man this game is addictive. Even though the design sticks pretty close to the GTA mold, there's so much side stuff that keeps the game feeling fresh (and unlike GTA, most of the side content is both fun and optional). The treasure maps are one of the cooler ideas I've seen in an open-world game, and that first one was extremely satisfying to find.

It feels like the most polished open-world game I've played, too. The draw distance is great, the pop-in has been minimal so far, and it doesn't seem to have a lot of the "open-world jank" like cars/people spawning in front of you or vanishing when you turn your back. And of course the animation and voice acting are top-notch Rockstar quality, and Euphoria is present to full effect.

All in all I'm really loving what I've played so far... and I haven't even really touched the multiplayer yet.

Piper Az

My question so far in the story is what's Seth's role? I'm just helping him out going after some hidden treasure but I don't understand what that's about in regards to storming the fort.

Enco

Looks like a great game. Can't wait to get a hold of it.

However, I was wondering if anyone can help with a few questions.

1. How does robbing houses/banks/trains work? Is it something you can always do or just part of set missions?

2. I heard that you can enter every building. Is that true?

Thanks.

I'm trying to get a specific outfit and its led me to Thieves Landing (sp?). It says I have to search it. This is a town right, it expects me to search every building?! Anyone know where exactly I'm meant to go to find whatever it is wanting me to

Saargabath said:
Just got this. Awesome game! My only complaint : no reversible horizontal axis? Really? My brains are melting because of this. And then I HAVE to use casual aiming T_T will it be patched? Please tell me so.
RDR is probably one of the first games I've seen with no option to reverse both axes. The mistake is just utterly baffling to me.

Piper Az said:
My question so far in the story is what's Seth's role? I'm just helping him out going after some hidden treasure but I don't understand what that's about in regards to storming the fort.

You're just helping him so that he'll agree in turn to help you. That treasure has nothing to do with the fort.

I heard the metal clank off the pole :(

8wwspg.jpg

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Piper Az said:

never mind that is Irish...Seth gets
You in the Fort

blanky

Meus Renaissance said:
I'm trying to get a specific outfit and its led me to Thieves Landing (sp?). It says I have to search it. This is a town right, it expects me to search every building?! Anyone know where exactly I'm meant to go to find whatever it is wanting me to

which outfit are you talking about?

Haunted

Meus Renaissance said:
Big warehouse to the right (when you enter TL), second floor.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I was playing blackjack when I accidentally hit O. It asked me if I wanted to quit blackjack. Press O no, press X yes. Pressing any of this gives me a clicking sound, but nothing else happens. I'm stuck in this screen :/

Also, wolves killed my trusty horsey :/

Wiggum2007

Easy with the spoilers there guys! I know it's pry nothing major but still.

Pimpbaa said:
If you kill him, does another Herbert Moon take his place?

I played a game of poker with a Herbert Moon and afterwards I ran back outside while he stayed sitting at the table and there was another Herbert Moon outside yelling for help!

see5harp

sazabirules said:
Can I use a custom soundtrack during free roam for the PS3? I tried playing music but it said it wouldn't play at this time.

Someone earlier said custom soundtrack didn't work in MP at all on PS3, which may extend to free roam, even if you're doing it alone.

Omiee

i hope this is not a spoiler, but the detail in this game is fucking epic.
i was riding on my horse when all of a sudden i see this guy on his knees next to a woman and a gun on the groun, he was crying i kept looking cuz i thought it was a side mission but he grabbed the gun and killed himself.
lol i was like wtf just happened

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
see5harp said:
Someone earlier said custom soundtrack didn't work in MP at all on PS3, which may extend to free roam, even if you're doing it alone.

That sucks. I don't want to even use it in singleplayer.

Xater

Can somebody help me with the sharpshooter challenge rank 5? What does count as 2 different wild animals? I shot a buck and a bird but it didn't work.

Gravijah

Xater said:
Can somebody help me with the sharpshooter challenge rank 5? What does count as 2 different wild animals? I shot a buck and a bird but it didn't work.

Are you using dead eye and never leaving it?

Dead

well not really...yet
Game froze on me last night (360). Threw a fire bottle in a hut during a mission :(

Luckily I saved right before

Costanza

Banned
Alright, finally got around to starting this. I really wasn't expecting it to feel SO much like GTA4. People saying that it's pretty much just a reskinned version are spot on.

It's not necessarily a big deal.. I mean, GTA4 did have a good engine underneath, and the presentation (voice acting, cutscenes) here is off the charts. But man, the game plays so fucking similarly.

It's jarring.

X26

Banned
Costanza said:
Alright, finally got around to starting this. I really wasn't expecting it to feel SO much like GTA4. [B]People saying that it's pretty much just a reskinned version are spot on.[/B]

It's not necessarily a big deal.. I mean, GTA4 did have a good engine underneath, and the presentation (voice acting, cutscenes) here is off the charts. But man, the game plays so fucking similarly.

It's jarring.

smmfh

Sh0k

Anybody knows how to use the treasure maps ? I got a map pointing me to Hanging Rock, but I go there and I have no clue what to do.

Denzar

Wow. Heartbreaking scene just now...

I was riding towards Thieves Landing when I stumbled upon a man sitting on his knees, next to the corpse of his wife. He weapt, en touched the body in disbelief. I stood there, watching. And out of nowhere, the man pulls a gun and shoots himself through the head.

Seanspeed

Banned
Anybody have some good strategy for evading the authorities?

Most of the time, I end up being chased and can never get away. I'll draw away on horse until the 'WANTED' display goes completely gray, but then it just seems to always fill up red again right at that point, as if I'm not allowed to just ride away from them. But if I try and hide somewhere, it just gives them the opportunity to come and find me(which they almost always do). I'm really lost as to how on earth I'm supposed to lose em and continue on with the mission....

Sh0k said:
Anybody knows how to use the treasure maps ? I got a map pointing me to Hanging Rock, but I go there and I have no clue what to do.
Would like to know as well.

Teknoman

NG28 said:
Where can I find bears and boars?

I think there are boars near Gaptooth(?) ridge.
Seanspeed said:
Anybody have some good strategy for evading the authorities?

Most of the time, I end up being chased and can never get away. I'll draw away on horse until the 'WANTED' display goes completely gray, but then it just seems to always fill up red again right at that point, as if I'm not allowed to just ride away from them. But if I try and hide somewhere, it just gives them the opportunity to come and find me(which they almost always do). I'm really lost as to how on earth I'm supposed to lose em and continue on with the mission....

Would like to know as well.

The last image usually gives the exact location. Just match the shapes of the rocks on the map with how they are situated at hanging rock.

X26

Banned
Sh0k said:

Keep in mind the map is showing different angles of the same place, so the treasure isn't actually between two noose's (as there isn't 2 of them in the first place). In the big group of rocks that make up where the tree with the noose is there is a crevasse where the treasure is located

NG28

Teknoman said:
I think there are boars near Gaptooth(?) ridge.
Thanks
Sh0k said:
Go there and find the landmarks that are on the map. There is also an X that tells you exactly where it is buried.

blanky

NG28 said:
Where can I find bears and boars?

Bears are near and around Tall Trees in the third area. Boars may sometimes appear in the first area, I saw some near Hanging Rock but they're not home there. They appear a lot more in the third area again, same area of the bears and you'll see a lot.

@ Xater use dead eye and shoot any 2 animals really, a bird and a rabbit. just two different ones and you're good.

Haunted

So no one knows the Rio del Toro
featured in treasure map level 5
? Had a lot of fun figuring out the previous ones, but a nod in the right direction would be nice. :D

Top Bottom