• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Spriig

Banned
I swear to god I just 'reversed' my horse. I held down the RB and moved the left stick down and the horse slowly moved backwards. I haven't been able to do this since, just spins the horse round like usual.

I was helping the Mexican army deal with some banditos and accidentally shot one of the soldiers. Now they're all against me. How do I make them friendly again?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
dreamer3kx said:
You guys are playing expert? Normal is just way too easy.
I started right away on Expert, I cant even imagine how easy lock on would be.

Does it lock on to animals as well as people?

blanky

Rapping Granny said:
How often does the train move? Iam on top of it waiting to shoot some birds when it starts moving to get my sharpshooter challenge.

Check the train on the map that's the only way to know where it will be unless you just stumble upon it.

soldat7

Rapping Granny said:
How often does the train move? Iam on top of it waiting to shoot some birds when it starts moving to get my sharpshooter challenge.

It doesn't take long for it to start moving again. Protip: If there are no birds in the sky, try shooting nearby trees or brush.

xxracerxx said:
I started right away on Expert, I cant even imagine how easy lock on would be.

Does it lock on to animals as well as people?

Yes it locks animals as well, its just way too easy if you play like this, default should have been expert, hows casual, I cant imagine it, how much easier can they make it?

Teknoman

GQman2121 said:
Agreed. I think it's bull shit that you have to rank up online to unlock the hardcore modes.

Well on the bright side, at least private matches let you set it, no matter the rank.

Speaking of which, did the PS3 version patch hit yet?

It's always worth sitting at camp with random strangers, you never know what interesting stories you might hear. Some Mexican dude was just telling me about a prostitute he'd seen who could "shoot water out of her concha with the force of a hose." :lol

Darkman M

I recommend expert as well, makes the experience so much better and it's not really hard at all. Keep plenty of deadeye healing products for sticky situations though.

Proc

I absolutely love this game.

The way rockstar is able to build worlds and characters is incredible.

The cinematography on the cut scenes is equally awesome. Often intentionally being reminded of classic westerns is such a treat.

The dialogue is something else that can't go unnoticed. Solid stuff all around.

The graphics are unbelievable. Still wondering how my 360 pumps those sort of visuals out.

aristotle

Gary Whitta said:
It's always worth sitting at camp with random strangers, you never know what interesting stories you might hear. Some Mexican dude was just telling me about a prostitute he'd seen who could "shoot water out of her concha with the force of a hose." :lol

man that's awesome! I gotta find that guy. lol

Lakitu

st5fu
Haha man this game keeps on giving :lol I went to get my next bounty. I found their hideout, disposed of his men and lassoed / hogtied him but I didn't have enough time before more of his men came there so I thought I put him on my horse but it turns out I put it on another horse, that's not mine.

Then his men, of course, started shooting at me and after a pretty bloody battle. The horse that I put my hogtied bounty target on started going crazy and started to run away. So I called my horse and hauled ass to catch up to the that horse, meanwhile, more of his men came and then more people came riding buy on their horses just doing what they normally do and there were something like 10 riders overall. I got mixed up while shooting the bad guys and shot a what seemed to be, a good guy. Then an eyewitness ran away and told the police what I had done.

So, at that time, I had a crazy, scared horse that had my hogtied bounty on it, running away; the target's men and the police coming after me all the time.

I managed to catch up to the horse, and lassoed it, then I got off and caught up to my target but not before too long, more police and baddies show up for a ferocious gun fight. I killed all the baddies and then ran away with my horse, leaving my target, hogtied in the middle of nowhere. Then my wanted meter ran out -- I returned back, and FINALLY, after 2 more attempts got my target on MY horse while fending off the bad guys. Now he's in jail. :D

God, I love this game. :lol

Had also, a pretty brutal horse chase with my previous bounty across 1/4th of the map.

DukeSucks

only played horseshoes twice since I won the 2nd game and was just trying to complete that objective. But I did get a lucky ringer when I let go too early and the horseshoe landed in front of the pit and slid into the stake.

And I'm trying so hard to stay "good" but if that fucker Ira slowrolls me one more time with that stupid smirk on his face, he's gonna eat lead

Nameless

I love this game. For some reason the horse I've been using just keeled over and died. Whistled for another and a "Dark horse" answered my call.. The badassness of this horse is enough for me to maintain a low morality.

Xater

Rapping Granny said:
I have been in it here for 10 minutes.

It shouldn't take that long. Maybe go sleep somewhere and try again?

Also riding inside the train has no style. I always go on top. :D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Gary Whitta said:
:lol :lol :lol

Nameless

I'm such an asshole in this game.

A treasure hunter was being attacked. I let him get killed, then killed his assailants and took the treasure map for myself.

About 5 minutes later I here gun fire. I look to my left and there's this dude hauling ass being pursued by two men shooting at him. I get closer and it's two officers. Of course I kill them. My fellow brother in crime thanks me and gives me a few bucks. Even got an increase in fame.

They really need to patch this game, it's so buggy. I've already had to roll back to earlier saves a couple of times today due to weird bugs making missions unplayable.

LuigiLogik

Neo Member
Ben2749 said:
I tried to rescue a stranger from a pack of wild wolves yesterday, but when I went into Dead Eye mode, it auto-targeted his hand, and even though I killed all the wolves and he survived, I didn't get credit, and became wanted.

Is there any way of avoiding targeting friendly people, or at least cancelling an auto-target if it's on something you don't want to hit? I can see it being an issue otherwise.

I've cancelled out of dead eye before, i think you just click in the right stick again, or release the left trigger then click it before you target six spots or press the right trigger. I was trying to use it to save a lynch victom but it assumed that i wanted to put her out of her misery.

newsguy

Gary Whitta said:

WAT :lol :lol :lol :lol

Gary Whitta said:
They really need to patch this game, it's so buggy. I've already had to roll back to earlier saves a couple of times today due to weird bugs making missions unplayable.
Like what?

I've run into some glitches too but none that impeded any mission progress... mostly just visual and pathfinding/AI related.

Xater

Revolutionary said:
Like what?

I've run into some glitches too but none that impeded any mission progress... mostly just visual and pathfinding/AI related.

See previous page. I encountered a trigger for a cutscene that didn't do anything. Had to quit out of the game and reload. I was unable to progress any further at all because I could no longer move or go into the start menu.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Come on dogs, stay the hell away from me when I’m leaving town on a horse. Tired of losing honor for trampling mutts on my way out.

Burger

My fookin' horse drowned itself. It must have really hated me, I watched it wade into a lake until its head was under water, and it drowned.

I quite liked him :(

btrick

this game is so amazing. i was playing poker last night when after a couple games, i looked outside to see the sunrise happen outside my window..

goddamn ive been playing for 8 hours straight..

GeoramA

The "Dastardly" trophy is damn nice, but it didn't really fill my bloodlust.

This might sound pretty demented: I hogtied seven people, lined them all up, and shot them in the head one at a time :lol

Restarted my game since I'm playing the honorable way.

Revolutionary said:
Like what?

In the mission where you get the Rolling Rock sniper right, right after I shot all the bad guys off the cliff my character would only run in one direction and all his weapons became invisible. Couldn't do anything so had to reload an earlier save.

Meus Renaissance said:
Quick question.

When in Dead Eye, merely moving the LS across the body of an enemy causes the 'cross marks' to appear where John will shoot at when you press the RT. Is this the same thing when duelling? In that you only move the LS across certain body parts of a person and that's how the marks appear? Because as of now, I've been using the LS and then RT to mark each point I wanted John to shoot, thus pressing the RT 3 or 4 times in Duel

So, do you need to mark using RT or LS?

Barrett2

In Mexico, rode up on a group of dudes about to execute somebody. Thought I was being a hero and blasted them. Turns out they were law men. Whoops!! I was dead in less than a minute, I went down in a hail of bullets.

Goldrusher

Gary Whitta said:
I had to add that to the OP. :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
lawblob said:
In Mexico, rode up on a group of dudes about to execute somebody. Thought I was being a hero and blasted them. Turns out they were law men. Whoops!! I was dead in less than a minute, I went down in a hail of bullets.

So many 'first lessons' in this game.

'I hear you can skin animals in this game! Oh look, there's a horse. *bang* ... Oops, that was my horse.'

'Oh look, two dudes chasing another dude, firing at him! I'll save you mr! ... Oops, those were marshalls, and the dude I saved was a bad guy :|'

Gowans

This game is great but man the online handling of NAT types is AWEFUL, been such a headache to get games with a good bunch of people going tonight.

Darkman M

lawblob said:

Yeah it's crazy out there, i actually got a bounty+Honor for saving some people from being executed from officers though.

Rhino

God, after like 35 straight hours I FINALLY finished the story.

I now want to go drown my sorrows in whiskey.

My god that ending was so damn depressing. John was so damn cool and had the best one liners and...and... *cry*

YOU MUST KILL THEM ALL JACK DESTROY THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!

Arcipello

amazing game, the scale of the playing area is just insane!

was doing the series of stranger quests called american appetites and finally found the guy responsible, ended up shooting him in the leg and hog tieing him, put him on my horse and rode back to armadillo but when i got there found i couldnt hand him over to the sherrif so i decided to deal out my own justice... i carried him behind one of the buildings and dropped him down just underneath an oil lamp which i proceeded to shoot causing a rain of liquid fire to cover him. you can do some evil things in this game.:D

Top Bottom