• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Edgeward

Downhome said:
Anyone else experience extreme slowdown at times in Thieves Landing?

It doesn't happen all the time, but that area really seems to be especially glitchy and prone to slowdown. It even happens to me every now and then when very little is going on. It happens almost every time a woman is kidnapped and the guy totes her out of town and I follow them to take care of it. Usually once the guy is dead it fixes itself.

Good to know it isn't just me, it's happened in the same spot, on the east entrance, in the same situation. Dude taking a whore on foot. Stopped as soon I completed the quest but still way annoying.

I had this weird thing happen today as well. So I was captured a bounty and had him all tied up, I then called my horse. As the horse arrived I drop my bounty down, but instead of being mounted on the horse, it then landed on top of it and then my horse fell on its side. It fucking killed my horse! Damn thing was Kentucky Saddler too, so riding to jail on a bandit's horse was so slow. =(

Dizzle24

Ben2749 said:
I really don't get how duels work. Sometimes I end up showering them in bullets, and sometimes I only have time to fire one bullet. I also don't understand the timing/time limit, the bars on the right, and the controls for reaching for your gun.

All I know is that I just hold the left trigger and try and "paint" them when the crosshairs are white. I've won all the duels I've been in so far, but it would be nice if I actually understood what I was supposed to be doing.
You have to press the right trigger as the Crosshairs turn white, as these are the only shots that count. Aim for the opponents gun to disarm him and if painted correctly, the duel will be over immedately as you paint his hand.
The meters you see represent how many successful painted targets you each have on the other guy; first one to fill the meter shoots first.

Teknoman

Take advantage of GAF and form free roam posses. Level up fast, have lots of fun, and maybe have something funny happen in the process.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Edgeward said:
Good to know it isn't just me, it's happened in the same spot, on the east entrance, in the same situation. Dude taking a whore on foot. Stopped as soon I completed the quest but still way annoying.

I haven't had this issue, but any time I go into mines I get pretty noticeable slowdown if I'm aiming and walk forward through lights.

Snuggler said:
I know this has already been asked, but there is no more thread searching feature so...
Am I always gonna be stuck with this lousy style of Dead Eye that makes the X's over targets?
The original style was so much better, dammit.

Fantastic game, though. I've payed it almost 10 hrs in the last 2 days and I'm still awe struck by it. I often just stop and stare at the environments.
I played some MP, the deathmatch felt a little clusterfucky with kind of questionable spawns and stuff. Free mode seems cool but both times I tried it I was going solo so I didn't really get the full experience. I would just ride around on my donkey while groups of people took potshots at me.

You'll get level 3 shortly after you arrive in
Mexico

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Dizzle24 said:
You have to press the right trigger as the Crosshairs turn white, as these are the only shots that count. Aim for the opponents gun to disarm him and if painted correctly, the duel will be over immedately as you paint his hand.
The meters you see represent how many successful painted targets you each have on the other guy; first one to fill the meter shoots first.

I just paint the guys chest area then pull R trigger as fast as I can. I didn't realize I was doing it wrong, but I've never lost a duel.

Jhoan

Multiplayer with GAF is crazy fun. MMarsu, Meus and the rest of the GAF gang are good. I could never get past 4th or 5th place in a PVP match but it's all good.:lol The only thing that we haven't done is form a full 16 player GAF posse and we haven't done anything in Free Roam. But man this game is crazy addictive; I was level six when I was playing with Meus and co. 4 hours of doing solo Free Roam gang missions and a bunch of challenges done, I'm now level 13 waiting to unlock my next horse. The most annoying part was that people took potshots and this one idiot kept killing me as I tried to finish up a gang mission as we were the only two there until other people came along, then I went to go do my thing. I believe I saw Sanjuro Tsubaki in MMarsu's game. Storywise,
I got the Gattling Gun. Seth does give off Gollum vibes. The old man who looks like Mr. Monopoly is a douchebag. I saw him take a leak after I did the mission where all the angry customers he hassled come after you.
Any way, if anybody wants to play then send me an invite at GT:Neoblaze181 or an FR.

JoeBoy101

eastside49er said:
Yeah I have only seen/killed one snake as well.

When riding, ever your horse whine loudly? Listen for the rattle. I guarantee you have passed a hundred of them, you just never stopped to look. I accidentally got bit by one and nearly died from it in one hit. This during a fucking bounty hunt.

Rattlesnake skin is good money though, ala cougar claws and pelts as well.

GQman2121

Banned
Jipan said:
Multiplayer with GAF is crazy fun. MMarsu, Meus and the rest of the GAF gang are good. I could never get past 4th or 5th place in a PVP match but it's all good.:lol The only thing that we haven't done is form a full 16 player GAF posse and we haven't done anything in Free Roam. But man this game is crazy addictive; I was level six when I was playing with Meus and co. 4 hours of doing solo Free Roam gang missions and a bunch of challenges done, I'm now level 13 waiting to unlock my next horse. The most annoying part was that people took potshots and this one idiot kept killing me as I tried to finish up a gang mission as we were the only two there until other people came along, then I went to go do my thing. I believe I saw Sanjuro Tsubaki in MMarsu's game. Storywise,
I got the Gattling Gun. Seth does give off Gollum vibes. The old man who looks like Mr. Monopoly is a douchebag. I saw him take a leak after I did the mission where all the angry customers he hassled come after you.
Any way, if anybody wants to play then send me an invite at GT:Neoblaze181 or an FR.

Where's the online thread?

Jhoan

^^Its on the OP under the Multiplayer tab. You sign up, then 5 mins later, its show up on an excel spreadsheet. There is no online thread. That link where you sign up for MP is basically the MP thread. Also add GT: GAF Read Not Dead I believe it is to invite or add other online GAFfers. Although if its pending, hit view friends then go from there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Game is insanely good. It's fun, lots of different things to do, Music is great, and obviously, the Visuals are fricken top notch.

But the game hit the Metaphysically good, when I first hit Mexico, a song comes up ("Far Away") and I'm just slowly galloping along the side of the cliff by the river, sun is just coming up. Just spectacular.

AcciDante

Is the Rockstar Social Club 100% checklist inaccurate for anyone else? Hardly any of my stats on there are correct. I want to try to 100% this game!

Are bounty mission icons timed? I had one suddenly disappear when I left the town, I wanted to complete it at a later time, I did a main mission in the same town, came back and it was gone.

Dante369 said:
Is the Rockstar Social Club 100% checklist inaccurate for anyone else? Hardly any of my stats on there are correct. I want to try to 100% this game!
They are for me, says I've failed a mission when I haven't failed one yet. Really weird and hope they get these things fixed soon.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Man this hunting stuff is addicting. I hope the DLC adds on to the hunting.

I want to do missions but I don't use autotravel and everytime I'm on my way somewhere I just stop and hunt :( :lol

Jswanko

I wasn't a very religious man until the nun I hogtied stood up on my horse and started praying.

nun.jpg

Dragnet

So..what happened to every building in the game being enterable? And what happened to being able to break into peoples homes, or were these things never truly confirmed? :(

Also a thought, it'd be neat if I could take human shields. It'd also be FANTASTIC if enemies weren't able to see me through walls, buildings etc..

On the flipside, it's way cool than you can jump onto moving trains :D

Played MP almost all day, it's fun as hell right now and unlocking things is a blast but I can't see myself sticking with it long after max rank, only so much you can do in free roam. Regardless definitely got my money's worth out of this title.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Jswanko said:
I wasn't a very religious man until the nun I hogtied stood up on my horse and started praying.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/Urzhad/nun.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[I]Believe[/I].

Dragnet said:
So..what happened to every building in the game being enterable? And what happened to being able to break into peoples homes, or were these things never truly confirmed? :(

Also a thought, it'd be neat if I could take human shields. It'd also be FANTASTIC if enemies weren't able to see me through walls, buildings etc..

On the flipside, it's way cool than you can jump onto moving trains :D

I haven't been able to do it. Does a prompt come up?

I've only managed to jump on a train in one of the
first missions in Mexico

Mik2121

The_Inquisitor said:
Well I need to finish Alan Wake first before I get into this. You GAFers going to be around to help a fellow GAFer in about a week's time?
360 or PS3? If it's PS3, I know a few of us will be around in a week and even longer.

Dragnet

Calavera520 said:
I haven't been able to do it. Does a prompt come up?

I've only managed to jump on a train in one of the
first missions in Mexico

Yeah, you need to get to the front two carriages I think and ride where they join together, a prompt came up for me (square) saying I could jump on.

Olivero

Friends and I was playing some Free Roam earlier. Just messing around. I'm riding my El Senor, and we just ride randomly up into the tall woods area. We ran into a fricken BEAR holy mother, it was intense, but we managed to kill it. We saw some snowy area and headed towards it. We're just ambling along, the three amigos, all cool like. I hear something of a rustle, so I ran the camera behind and THREE BEARS ARE WITHIN TWO FEET OF ME. I scream, "GUYS HOLY CRAP TURN AROUND THREE BEARS ARE ABOUT TO..." Before I know it, I am mauled, as are my friends. Scariest/most funny moment I've ever had in a game.

We respawned, went a little further, found a cabin and held of hoards of cougars. Ninja cats man.

Teknoman said:
You fight...on a raft going down the river? Awesome :D

This part was also interesting at the bottom.

"Stay tuned for much more information – as well as release information and pricing on two further downloadable content updates, which we plan to release over the summer. Both of them will also be available simultaneously for both consoles."

Top Bottom