• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REIROM STRIKES AGAIN

Bob White

It comes in three packages, with many features

PSP stand-alone:
$149.99

PSP package 1:
$ 199.99

Features:

* 1 rechargable battery
* 1 charger(for the battery)
* 16mb memorystick duo

PSP package 2:
$ 299.99

* everything featured in package 1
* 64mb memorystick
* strap with built in headphones
* camera

PSP package 3(media package):
$ 349.99

* everything in package 2
* 256mb memory stick PRO duo
* aluminium alloy case
* gps device
* translation software

Some dude from another forum (he's brazilian....hint hint) say's all this info was in OPM UK.

Does anyone have that mag?

And if this is old please delete.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
elitehebrew said:
Why would you need a GPS device on your psp?

Some phones come with them.... you can buy them for your PDA's why not have one available for the PSP?

Still I don't believe this pricepoint for one minute.

Brofist

Kinda off topic, but anyone think the PSP will read USB flash devices. I wouldn't play a game with the thing sticking out mind you, but for popping in and out for saves it would be nice...instead of being rushed to buy a memory stick.

Chittagong

Gold Member
If that was true, awesome for gamers, suicide for Sony - around 400 million USD loss in first quarter only. I'd buy the most expensive package, of course :D

However, I think we all know who that one Brazilian guy is and how trustworthy the news from that pirate are. Just check a few days back:

IGNTON AM PANZER DRAGON RPG EXCLSIVE PS2

IGN OWNED

GAFFERS AM CRYING

SUCK TOTAL

DarienA said:
Some phones come with them.... you can buy them for your PDA's why not have one available for the PSP?

Still I don't believe this pricepoint for one minute.

But really how many freaking people use a GPS regularly. just a waste i think but i'm sure some could differ

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Devils in the details...I like how the type of memstick varies from package to package, even though the official spec for PSP only indicates support for Pro Duo.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So it's confirmed then that this is real:

reirom said:
NO MORON

IS REAL

OTHERS GUYS CONFIRMED

HOIW THIS GUY WILL MAKJE UP THIS?

THIS IS VERY PROFISSIONAL

As an interesting note, the same thread has the first ever post I have seen from Reirom in English - did he forget his incredibly consistent joke character role just for a split second:

reirom said:
Okay guys Im going to go see what I can do about getting a scan of this article onto the web. Ill be back in a few hours, hopefully less.

Drey1082

nobody can confirm. OPM UKanyone?
.... well this sucks.... If true, it seems like a good deal, but why would you want a portable without a battery? What's the point?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i didn't realise the battery was removable?!?

if it is, then surely sony would sell extra batteries and not that battery pack armband thing?

calder

God, I wish I was head of a major software dev and had a major shocking announcement to make about platform switching or something. At least once I'd find Reirom and tell him exactly what was going down, then send spong a shady anonymous email spelling out the whole deal.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
kaching said:
Devils in the details...I like how the type of memstick varies from package to package, even though the official spec for PSP only indicates support for Pro Duo.
Pro slots are backwards compatible with regular.
I don't think even Sony is so moronic that they would take measures to prevent users from sticking sticks smaller then 256MB into PSP.

Actually, even regular stick slots are forward compatible in some devices (but unfortunately not for most).

Mind you I don't believe the news either - pricing just sounds too good :p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
All their devices made so far supporting Pro Duo, support regular Duos as well, though.

As an interesting note, the same thread has the first ever post I have seen from Reirom in English - did he forget his incredibly consistent joke character role just for a split second:
Wow... I have seen his posts for the last five years, even back then when he was posting at Retrogames forum. He has NEVER made such a horrible mistake.

REIROM AM DOOM.

impirius

Chittagong said:
Reirom always copy/pastes English comments from the forums in which he finds his news... nothing new here

calder: Brilliant.

Chittagong

Gold Member
impirius said:
Reirom always copy/pastes English comments from the forums in which he finds his news... nothing new here

calder: Brilliant.

Can someone track that comment for my sanity's sake? My image of Reirom is severely disturbed. Instead of a sizable Brasilian, I am now imagining a witty Brit with a wicked sense of humor and owning us all.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Marconelly said:
All their devices made so far supporting Pro Duo, support regular Duos as well, though.
Right, but Duo slots don't necessarily support standard size memsticks...could be just a typo in his fantasy, but I just found it interesting that the type went from MS Duo to standard-size MS to Duo Pro.

And that's the very last post I'm going to commit to this thread :)

neptunes

Chittagong said:
Can someone track that comment for my sanity's sake? My image of Reirom is severely disturbed. Instead of a sizable Brasilian, I am now imagining a witty Brit with a wicked sense of humor and owning us all.

no, he cannot speak english properly.

elitehebrew said:
Why would you need a GPS device on your psp?

If you're going to push the PSP to a different market, such as business people as many here have eluded, I can see this being reasonable. Automotive GPS units run anywhere from $350 - $1500 and have USB/PC connections. If the module runs $150, it's a steal for frequent travellers/salespeople. EDIT: this would definitely allow for an A/C car adapter.

Again, you have to think of it as an add-on, and not the sole purpose in buying a PSP. Simply put, the PSP isn't going to be a game machine, but Sony's next step into convergence.

And I'm with DCharlie, announce the price so the forum traffic can go crazy, I want to make sure the forum can take it. :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Right, but Duo slots don't necessarily support standard size memsticks...could be just a typo in his fantasy, but I just found it interesting that the type went from MS Duo to standard-size MS to Duo Pro.
Ah, I see what you mean. He did refer to one of them only as '64MB memorystick' which would imply the bigger size card.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Bob White said:
Some dude from another forum (he's brazilian....hint hint) say's all this info was in OPM UK.

Does anyone have that mag?

And if this is old please delete.

just to point out how silly this is

for 350 dollars you get

a psp and a battery with a charger
336 mb of memory sticks (3 memory sticks)
a strap with builti n headphones (how does this work?)
a camera (what.)
Aluminium alloy case (whatever)
A gps device (OKAY!!)
Translation software (for what??)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
sp0rsk said:
just to point out how silly this is

for 350 dollars you get

a psp and a battery with a charger
336 mb of memory sticks (3 memory sticks)
a strap with builti n headphones (how does this work?)
a camera (what.)
Aluminium alloy case (whatever)
A gps device (OKAY!!)
Translation software (for what??)

I don't believe this, but the translation software could be something like that game, Talkman.

I wish Sony would just announce the damn price. :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Fafalada said:
Actually a camera add on has been planned for PSP from the start.

yeah, thats not my point. My point is all thsi shit is gonna cost alot more than 350 dollars.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
sp0rsk said:
yeah, thats not my point. My point is all thsi shit is gonna cost alot more than 350 dollars.

Ah, true.

Belfast

I'd imagine most of these things would just be small attachments, not outside equipment (i.e. the "camera" would probably plug into the PSP somewhere, but it would probably just be the lens, with a chpboard inside or whatever it needs, the PSP would be the pic viewer and management tool, while the me stick would hold the pictures themselves. So, yeah, I could see all that for $350. It'd be pretty hot, and I'd like to see them do a package deal like that, but yeah, this seems completely unlikely, especially considering the source.

Top Bottom