• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember that cartoon . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

way more

About a monster highschool? The cool Fonze-like guy was a vampire, there was a wolfman, something about a nebbish school teacher. Maybe he was human. Any help would be appreciated.

Trevelyon

More importantly, who remembers Widget! the world watcher?

WidgetColgo.JPG

Nikashi

Banned
I believe you are thinking of Gravedale High, starring Rick Moranis as the schoolteacher.

(Wow, it's impossible to find images for this besides google thumbnails)

OmniGamer

Yep, gravedale high..."Please take a seat yeah we're dyin' to meet ya"(all i remember from the theme song). And an episode about Gumbo.

I never liked Widget. Galaxy High = King.

118008.jpg

Doyle was a high school star,
Everybody thought he'd go real far
But he didn't get the things from the classes he took
You know he just wasn't interested in his books.

Aimee was the smartest girl at school,
Not very popular, not very cool.
Two kids will be chosen from Earth
To go to school at Galaxy High.

Travelling millions of miles through space,
To go to school in a far out place.
Aimee is the sweetheart.
Doyle's got a lot to learn.
Here at Galaxy High.
GALAXY HIGH, GALAXY HIGH,
GALAXY HIGH, GALAXY HIGH!

bjork

I tried to watch Fantastic Max a coupel of years ago, when I caught it on one of the family cable channels.

Good god, it's terrible. I guess stuff doesn't seem quit as shitty when you're seven or eight.
:points at Voltron as well:

Pachinko

DENVER the last dinosaur!

I never cared much for that one. I was always partial to ninja turtles and its knockoffs.

Street sharks, biker mice from mars

006.jpg

sharks18.jpg

yattaro.jpg

darkw.jpg

belgurdo

Banned
Jesus, the early 90s had some fucking horrid cartoons (although it was nice that they got away from the "let's make an animated series for Random Toy Line X and hope kids catch on!" crap that infested 80s TV.) Too bad they started having a big "all toons must be educational" push around '95 that killed a lot of quality in the stories and animation.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Man, just hitting Page Down and glancing at all the pictures is making me cringe.

Though Danger Mouse I like, for the funny dialogue and because it was the cheapest cartoon I've ever seen, one of the few I know that made every effort to hide character's mouths behind stuff to save lip-drawing time.

Penguin

O wow great memories.

Even though some of them aren't memories, Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, TaleSpin, Gummie Bears and so many more can be found on Toon Disney, they need to have more channels like that on mainstream cable.

Anyone remember Centurions? I think that was the name, with the 3 guys who could like say something and have machine parts attach to them?

And then there was He-Man, Conan and Thundarr. I always liked Thundarr because it was always in the not so distant future of the year 1994, and I was like, that's nothing like how it turned out to be.

Anyone remember Pound Puppies? Smorks and Smurfs? For some reason, I remember them even though they came on during the day on Cartoon Network, don't remember missing school that much.

Penguin said:
O wow great memories.

Even though some of them aren't memories, Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, TaleSpin, Gummie Bears and so many more can be found on Toon Disney, they need to have more channels like that on mainstream cable.

Anyone remember Centurions? I think that was the name, with the 3 guys who could like say something and have machine parts attach to them?

And then there was He-Man, Conan and Thundarr. I always liked Thundarr because it was always in the not so distant future of the year 1994, and I was like, that's nothing like how it turned out to be.

Anyone remember Pound Puppies? Smorks and Smurfs? For some reason, I remember them even though they came on during the day on Cartoon Network, don't remember missing school that much.

Yeah! Centurions! I had the yellow one with all the bits. Those toys were really cool. He-man of course, a fave of mine (I was watching a VHS-tape i have just last week :) )

oh! I know one that hasn't been posted yet.

htitle2.gif

And I never knew THIS existed.

B00005MLTH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"Hey herc, hey herc!"

*Edit*

Some more faves of mine.

Props to anyone who can name this one

fablesshow7.jpg

Fables of the Green Forest

and JEREMY BEAR!

jeremya8.jpg

Pachinko

That was but a small smattering of shows I liked. I really liked the disney afternoon a local station aired. It started out with just chip and dale rescue rangers followed by ducktales I think, but it expanded over the years and stuff like goof troop, bonkers bobcat, darkwing duck and one of my all time favs- Gargoyles were thrown around the lineup.

I was also a big fan of mainframe entertainment, Reboot and beast wars/ beasties were both cool shows at the time.

Mostly though, I adored ninja turltes . Until sonic the hedgehog got a cartoon series, which was in hindsight rather awful.

I leave you with this-

THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER CATS
THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER CATS
*repeat for 1 minute

How about that show that used to be on Saturday mornings...Chilled to the Bones or whatever...where there were like 6 normal teens in a high school for monsters...

Fuck, what was that called?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
About a monster highschool? The cool Fonze-like guy was a vampire, there was a wolfman, something about a nebbish school teacher. Maybe he was human. Any help would be appreciated.
How about that show that used to be on Saturday mornings...Chilled to the Bones or whatever...where there were like 6 normal teens in a high school for monsters...
Holy crap, we've gone full circle!

I thought that Redwall was the furriest cartoon ever. I was wrong!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
ruled all of you weekday mornings:
boyzz.jpg

"Listen up you all, you're the Boyzz brigade,
When it's laser time put on the 3D shades,
Laser time Boyzz"

Ninjzz > all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom