• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Tools Shit Britches Over Kerry War Record -- Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc82.htm

Straight from GA's favorite site, the DRUDGEREPORT

William Shumadine, a member of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth pictured in the photograph, explains in UNFIT: "John Kerry's use of a photograph with his nineteen comrades, with knowledge that eleven of them comdemn him and six who cannot or do not want to be involved, is a complete misreprentation to the public and a total fraud."

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I better stop "fraudulently" showing people that picture of me and my friends, since, as we know, it is only ethical to show pictures of people that have your same political views. That sucks, because I have one friend who's a die-hard conservative and he's in all of these pictures with me and my other friends, but I guess I can't use them anymore. Can I put on a disclaimer or something?

I also demand George Bush stop unethically displaying pictures that have him and black people in them, since the vast majority of black people do not support him.

Cooter

Well considering 2 out of the 19 support him I would say it is a tad misleading.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
MSW said:
Well considering 2 out of the 19 support him I would say it is a tad misleading.

It's not misleading unless it's a doctored picture.

Besides, who the fuck are you to say that a war veteran can't show old pictures of him with his comrades just because they disagree with his political views?

calder

I'm more alarmed by the men in the picture who "cannot" be involved in the condemning. I guess that's code for "the Democrats have their children and/or pets hostage in exchange for their silence".

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Cooter

Besides, who the fuck are you to say that a war veteran can't show old pictures of him with his comrades just because they disagree with his political views?

It's not that they don't support him politcally. They don't support him for reason's beyond politics.

A new bombshell book written by the man who took over John Kerry's Swift Boat charges: Two of John Kerry's three Purple Heart decorations (#1 and #3) resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire.

The startling Purple Heart accusations, outlined in detail for the first time, are found in UNFIT FOR COMMAND, Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MSW said:
A new bombshell book written by the man who took over John Kerry's Swift Boat charges: Two of John Kerry's three Purple Heart decorations (#1 and #3) resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire.

The startling Purple Heart accusations, outlined in detail for the first time, are found in UNFIT FOR COMMAND, Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry.

LOL oh man i need to injure myself so i can use the purple hearts i get to later run for president in 2004!!!!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ConfusingJazz said:

I realize it's no Drudge, but here's some of the Washington Post article:

BOSTON, July 28 -- John F. Kerry returned home Wednesday to a hero's welcome from Democrats, his Vietnam crewmates and the man whose life he saved nearly four decades ago, and, echoing Bruce Springsteen, he pledged "no retreat, no surrender" in his quest for the White House.

Surrounded by 12 veterans of the Swift boats he captained in Vietnam and by Jim Rassmann, a Green Beret he rescued from a river in the Mekong Delta, Kerry crossed the Boston Harbor aboard the LuLu E taxi ship, which was adorned in red, white and blue. He briefly rallied supporters before heading home for final preparations for Thursday night's acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention.

darscot

Man I dont know how you guys can believe anything down there anymore. It's seems like your either and absolute tool or the next great President. There is no real way to tell?

human5892

Queen of Denmark

Who cares where his wounds are from? Any way you slice it, he received them fighting for his country voluntarily at a time when many like him were unwilling to do so. He's a bona-fide war hero.

I guess we should say to those grieving families of soldiers killed in Iraq through friendly fire or vehicular accidents, "Well, with all due respect, your son/daughter didn't die by enemy fire, you know." If a Democrat said that in reference to anyone in Iraq, the Republicans would swarm...but for old scary Liberal John Kerry, serving his country -- and getting wounded doing it -- is not good enough.

You can't blame them for trying, though; I guess they have to compensate for Bush's comparatively non-existant military service somehow.

Basically, the guy who wrote the book is actually a Repulican Shock Man, used to discredit vocal opponents. He was first used against Kerry by Nixon when Kerry was heading up the Vietnam Veterens Against the War. For this, he was considered for a federal judge position that fell through. Now, he is being called up again to discredit Kerry, even though his assertion that only 2 of his men support Kerry has been shown to be false when 12 landed in Boston with him. The guy seems like a tool, and even his own pr rep once called him an "crazed extremist."

Vandiger

Gee another dirty tactic used by the bush team, the same shit that they did to Mccain in the 2000 primaries. If you have any intelligence you can basically see who is behind this whole "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth", not too hard to figure out :p

Kuramu

Vandiger said:
Gee another dirty tactic used by the bush team, the same shit that they did to Mccain in the 2000 primaries. If you have any intelligence you can basically see who is behind this whole "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth", not too hard to figure out :p

here's the problem with conspiracy theorists... if i can imagine it, it must be true

AstroLad said:
...and, echoing Bruce Springsteen, he pledged "no retreat, no surrender" in his quest for the White House.

I hate meaningless political rhetoric like this. Were people worried Kerry might drop out of the race before election day?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Lucky Forward said:
I hate meaningless political rhetoric like this. Were people worried Kerry might drop out of the race before election day?

No, it probably just means he'll continue through all this bullshit Rove and his hired goons put him through.

EviLore said:
Note: links c/o Andrew Mayer and triggercut, and not necessarily representative of my views, as I haven't actually read them (yet). Just noticed that this was being discussed in another forum:

History of the leader of the swift boat veterans for truth
http://mediamatters.org/items/200405040004

Deconstruction
http://mediamatters.org/items/200405050004

Further deconstruction:

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Swift_Boat_Veterans_for_Truth

http://www.mattgunn.com/#swiftboat50504

Thanks for the links EviLore. Very informative stuff.

"*cough*
Kerry lands in Boston with 12 crewmates of his swiftboat that support him
*cough*"

The funniest thing I've heard this year was Rush Limbaugh's live take on this. I realize 99% of you don't listen to Rush, but he is pretty funny sometimes.

Yeah, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth site is complete BS, fabricated by a Texas lawyer who's been dogging Kerry since the Nixon era. Kerry's naval records have been publically available for quite some time, and of the so-called "commanding officers" purportedly speaking out against Kerry, only ONE was ever in a position Kerry reported to (and Kerry's records show the man effusively PRAISING him at the time). Kerry's war record and patriotic service make the Bushies shit their pants, since putting Kerry's service to this country against Bush's alcoholic AWOL antics paints Scalia's president-select as the spoiled frat-boy mark he is.

BTW, could someone PLEASE punch Richard Mellon Scaife in the face for ALL of us? And for those of you squealing "conspiracy theory!", pick up David Brock's tell-all book "Blinded By the Right" and discover the wonderful world of Republican hatchet jobs.

"discover the wonderful world of Republican hatchet jobs."

"Bush's alcoholic AWOL antics paints Scalia's president-select as the spoiled frat-boy mark he is."

Obviously you did learn something from that book.

CrimsonSkies said:
"*cough*
Kerry lands in Boston with 12 crewmates of his swiftboat that support him
*cough*"

The funniest thing I've heard this year was Rush Limbaugh's live take on this. I realize 99% of you don't listen to Rush, but he is pretty funny sometimes.
Tease. :p What was he saying?

ShadowRed

Banned
There is a lot more than 2 members of his unit on stage with him now. I'm sure the Republicans will claim they are all actors, and never were in Vietnam with Kerry.

MASB

CrimsonSkies said:
"discover the wonderful world of Republican hatchet jobs."

"Bush's alcoholic AWOL antics paints Scalia's president-select as the spoiled frat-boy mark he is."

Obviously you did learn something from that book.
lol. Both sides do their dirty tricks. But naturally supporters of one or the other party make like their party is so great and the other side is evil, etc.

it's funny how some people complain about the soldiers in iraq being demoralized by the lack of support, yet turn around and try and use someone else's war record against him to suit their own agenda... fucked up? yes.

Yeah, because it's like I have funding from wealthy individuals like Scaife/Coors/Olin or one of their sponsored smear mills (like AEI), or that I even have a widely-distributed column with mass media pretensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom