• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 due on two discs

Solid

Teh surprise!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/05/news_6112511.html

Capcom sweetens deal with free Biohazard DVD as well.

TOKYO--Capcom today confirmed that Resident Evil 4 for the GameCube will be released on two discs (as were Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0). In addition to that news, Capcom also said that early purchasers of the game in Japan will receive a free bonus disc titled "Biohazard 4 Secret DVD". The disc contains exclusive video of that upcoming game.

Resident Evil 4 will be released in Japan on January 27 and will retail for 8,190 yen ($77). Gamers in North America will get to play the game about two weeks earlier, on January 11.

Capcom recently revealed that Resident Evil 4 is also due for a PlayStation 2 release, with an America, Europe, and Japan launch targeted for late 2005.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bleh. I'll wait for the PS2 version. I won't have to switch discs in the middle of gameplay

neptunes

This was expected, even REmake came on 2 discs.

I always wondered how a GTA3, GC port work would though :lol

Miburou

Deepthroat said:
Resident Evil 4 will be released in Japan on January 27 and will retail for 8,190 yen ($77).

Holy shit! 7,800 Yen for an RE game? Wasn't RE released for 5,800 Yen with a free memory card?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Wario64 said:
Bleh. I'll wait for the PS2 version. I won't have to switch discs in the middle of gameplay

G4: "Buy RE4 for Playstation 2. -Gaming-Age international superhero of cheapass gaming Wario64 proclaims!"

Months earlier release date, switching disks >>> possible graphic downgrades, load times, framerate issues

I bet the PS2 version will have some sort of extra gimmick (like how Viewtful Joe had Dante). Since the game will probably be short, I'll rent RE4.

RMX

Banned
and...by the end of 2005, all your eyes will be on next generation graphics seen at E3 2005...so RE4's hype will be down :D

Yeah, lol, the attention span on this board is pretty fleeting.

No one cared by the time Viewtiful Joe made it out on the PS2.

By this time next year everyone will be talking about the next-gen consoles for sure, if XBox 2 isn't already out by then.

Hellraizah

:D :D :D at all the Nintendrones who laughed at the "first video of Resident Evil 4 for PS2".

:D :D :D at the damage control done on switching discs VS loading.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Hellraizah said:
:D :D :D at all the Nintendrones who laughed at the "first video of Resident Evil 4 for PS2".

Laughing at the vid was ok. Damage control for switching disks definately blatant fanboyism :D

RMX

Banned
:D at all PS2 boys that dont' understand that gamecube lineup is so nice and price is so low that they are dumb not to own their own...

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Hellraizah said:

id rather switch the disk once during the course of the entire game.. than suffer through load times.

:D

Ecrofirt

switching discs during gameplay... oh man. I'm such a lazy fatass that I can't get up from my seat once during my playthrough once I get to the last half of the game. I might as well get the PS2 version now.

Drey1082

Ecrofirt said:
switching discs during gameplay... oh man. I'm such a lazy fatass that I can't get up from my seat once during my playthrough once I get to the last half of the game. I might as well get the PS2 version now.

Agreed, at least with load times I don't have to physically move.

if it were simultaneous, it would be an issue, but unless it takes me ~10 months to swap to disk 2, i doubt the wait for the ps2 version is worth it to save the 10 seconds it takes to swap a disk (and i'm talking taking outof the case, putting disk in, etc)... :D

cvxfreak

The Faceless Master said:
if it were simultaneous, it would be an issue, but unless it takes me ~10 months to swap to disk 2, i doubt the wait for the ps2 version is worth it to save the 10 seconds it takes to swap a disk (and i'm talking taking outof the case, putting disk in, etc)... :D

If anything, GC gamers can run through the entire game while PS2 loads it. :D

Top Bottom