• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Xbox (Not Actually) Confirmed

lordmrw

quadriplegicjon said:
is that why Silent Hill 3 was such a big seller on xbox?

Silent Hill 3 wasn't released on Xbox, but Silent Hill 2 and 4 have sold like ass on the system. Silent Hill 2 on PS2 has sold about the same as RE Remake on Gamecube, and the others have sold less than that, just for reference.

DarkCloud

lordmrw said:
Silent Hill 3 wasn't released on Xbox, but Silent Hill 2 and 4 have sold like ass on the system. Silent Hill 2 on PS2 has sold about the same as RE Remake on Gamecube, and the others have sold less than that, just for reference.

i don't recall SH4 lighting up the charts anywhere.

Vibri

Banned
Ghost said:
No its not, it was fun when they were actually reporting bollocks, now its just tired and old. The way i see it is, you (as spong trollers) have been owned twice now (outrun 2 and GTA:SA) this would make 3 times therefore you should be out.

OK LET'S DO THIS IN CAPS SO WE DON'T WASTE ANOTHER THREE PAGES ON THIS.

Spong is never proven 'right'. The co-op GTA and Outrun 2 bonus track rumors were floating around for WEEKS before Spong posted them. Exactly the same as the RE4 Xbox rumour, which I heard from no less than three people this month before Spong got around to posting it.

All Spong does is troll online forums and when it picks up on a rumor, posts it and claims it as their own. Sometimes it turns out to be true. Most of the time it's crap. Zero credit deserved either way.

lordmrw

DarkCloud said:
i don't recall SH4 lighting up the charts anywhere.

I never said it did. I said it sold like ass. Heh, maybe I should use a different term than that. Silent Hill 4 seems to be on track to do the worst out of all of them.

DarkCloud

No I meant SH4 has sold like ass across both systems combined (worldwide sales) and not just the Xbox. A little nitpick and nothing more. :)

I agree with your post either way.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ghost said:
Them being wrong in the past doesnt make them wrong now, which is why if they are proved right this time spong trolling should become a bannable offense until they misreport something again.

Spong trolling a bannable offense?

That's like BANNING CHRISTMAS!

Ghost said:
The way i see it is, you (as spong trollers) have been owned twice now (outrun 2 and GTA:SA) this would make 3 times therefore you should be out.
Hahaha, so it's 3 strikes and you're out for us and, what, 38 strikes and you're out for them?

belgurdo

Banned
Mr_Furious said:
The Spong bashing is getting pretty old

Indeed. shut up, people, and get back to whining about Sega and Rare or about how game X doesn't deserve a top 10 spot at Gamerankings or whatever

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
DavidDayton said:
Spong trolling a bannable offense?

That's like BANNING CHRISTMAS!
:lol

I just played RE4 tonight. its fun. flawed flawed flawed, but its RE. Still fun imo.

If you have a passing interest in it check it out. have pad ready for your laundry list of complaints, turn off the lights and turn up the sound :)

Merlin

Banned
deadlifter said:
dude, shut the fuck up.

take your whining to gamefaqs.

satan.gif

I am sad that Capcom betray ... I bet you are Xbox Wizard.
rolleyes.gif

You know what guys, I can't be bothered to read all of your bullshit over these four pages, but to anyone who is passing this off as spong bullshit, fuck right off. This is totally for real, if you don't believe me, you're gay, that is why I started the topic with a factual statement that some mod saw fit to edit (well done). STOP SLAGGING OFF SPONG'S NEWS, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

KyotoMecca said:
You know what guys, I can't be bothered to read all of your bullshit over these four pages, but to anyone who is passing this off as spong bullshit, fuck right off. This is totally for real, if you don't believe me, you're gay, that is why I started the topic with a factual statement that some mod saw fit to edit (well done). STOP SLAGGING OFF SPONG'S NEWS, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

AssMan said:
Another SPONG employee! GET R DUN!

Fuck off.

And no I am not a Spong employee, it IS getting boring, and everything you haters say they ran that wasn't true came true, and nobody ever proves otherwise, so shut up.

"but to anyone who is passing this off as spong bullshit, fuck right off."

If you're trying to convince people its real, that's not the way to go about it.

snapty00

Banned
KyotoMecca said:

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
even if spong's story is entirely accurate, a drunken slip does not qualify as "confirmation."

but yeah, the several pages of "LOLOLOLOL SPONG" whenever one of their articles is linked is getting tiresome. they've been right at least a few times.

SolidSnakex said:
"but to anyone who is passing this off as spong bullshit, fuck right off."

If you're trying to convince people its real, that's not the way to go about it.

Well what is then? I have tried the mature approach of offering haters the opportunity to provide Spong links to stories that turned out to be bs. nobody could. so I say it again, shut up. I for one am sick and tired of you all bitching like little fucking gaylords about spong when nobody can offer hard linkage to recent stories that were not true or not contestes or proven or justified. I can personally tell you the RE4 story is 100% true. Stop crying all the time. The end.

Also, they broke Microsoft Rare (with numbers and specifics - i.e. not generic rumour bs) totally first and anyone who says otherwise is a lying/diusillusioned/prickish knob cheese.

drohne said:
even if spong's story is entirely accurate, a drunken slip does not qualify as "confirmation."

On this occasion it does, because I said it does. Also they would not have run it if it were not qualified, if the source was pissed, it's irrelevant. Give them some fucking credit.

drohne said:
but yeah, the several pages of "LOLOLOLOL SPONG" whenever one of their articles is linked is getting tiresome. they've been right at least a few times.

iawtp

Wario64 said:
But I thought Lord Federman broke the Microsoft/Rare news :p

Absolutely not, I had this discussion with him personally at E3 and as much as I love him, it's lies. Spong broke MS Rare. That's all there is to it.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
You know, the truthfulness of this RE4 story (or otherwise) is entirely irrelevant given how much Spong fucking sucks. :)

Just my $0.02.

Mejilan said:
You know, the truthfulness of this RE4 story (or otherwise) is entirely irrelevant given how much Spong fucking sucks. :)

Just my $0.02.

Hooray, another meaningless and unqualified statement!

Jonnyram

KyotoMecca said:
Also, they broke Microsoft Rare (with numbers and specifics - i.e. not generic rumour bs) totally first and anyone who says otherwise is a lying/diusillusioned/prickish knob cheese.
I trust Spong with UK-based news as there are a few ex-Team 17 people on the roster with friends in the industry, but Capcom news is not likely to come out of the UK first. That said, I have heard about RE on Xbox from other sources, so I wouldn't write it off as fiction just yet.

Jonnyram said:
I trust Spong with UK-based news as there are a few ex-Team 17 people on the roster with friends in the industry, but Capcom news is not likely to come out of the UK first. That said, I have heard about RE on Xbox from other sources, so I wouldn't write it off as fiction just yet.

I AM CONFIRMING IT RIGHT NOW.

Also, the Capcom non UK source theory is reasonable but not true, that is not how the UK industry works.

xsarien

daedsiluap
KyotoMecca said:
Absolutely not, I had this discussion with him personally at E3 and as much as I love him, it's lies. Spong broke MS Rare. That's all there is to it.

Congratulations, that was three years ago.

xsarien said:
Congratulations, that was three years ago.

Don't get fresh, I only raised this because some cock on another thread pulled it up as not being broken by Spong. You can't have this every way peeps.

_Angelus_

Banned
Where money is involved one should never doubt Capcom's greed and Microsoft's checkbook. Maybe the Xbox crowd may not take to it I don't know,but if I were Capcom I would look at the userbase numbers none the less,especialy after the 2004 Christmas season. That goes for all platforms though. As the userbase for each of them grows it must be tempting for them to port it over to as many platforms as possible,especially since the exclusivity is now over.

I guess it depends on how costly a port to the Xbox would be. Plus I'd imagine that It'd have to show up sometime around the PS2s release otherwise sales would be more than likely bad if the game showd up even later on the Xbox. It'd be really old news by then.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I thought the exclusivity was NOT over, however.

It's not coming out on the Cube and PS2 at the same time, is it? Isn't the Cube getting like 6 or 9 months head start?

_Angelus_

Banned
Mejilan said:
I thought the exclusivity was NOT over, however.

It's not coming out on the Cube and PS2 at the same time, is it? Isn't the Cube getting like 6 or 9 months head start?

Youre right. I was meaning to say that its not an locked exclusive anymore. We all know about it,and soon the general buying public will learn about the news as well.

As far as I know the Cube version is coming first,sometime in January. Unless they moved it back for some reason?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
KyotoMecca said:

buddy.. nobody.. and i mean nobody even posts EGM/IGN/Gamespot/etc. rumors as CONFIRMED NEWS.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
KyotoMecca said:
Well what is then? I have tried the mature approach of offering haters the opportunity to provide Spong links to stories that turned out to be bs. nobody could. so I say it again, shut up. I for one am sick and tired of you all bitching like little fucking gaylords about spong when nobody can offer hard linkage to recent stories that were not true or not contestes or proven or justified. I can personally tell you the RE4 story is 100% true. Stop crying all the time. The end.

bandoctor.jpg

Top Bottom