• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil related thread.

Vieo

1. Does anyone know exactly how long Resident Evil will be exclusive to GCN? (I'm just wondering, is it like a deal so that it never appears on a non-nintendo console again or is it just time-exclusive?)

2. Are there any differences between Code Veronica on Dreamcast and Code Veronica X on PS2/GCN? (I throughly played and beat the DC version when it first came out. I just picked up the PS2 version, but I haven't played the DC version in so long that if there were differences, I wouldn't notice.)

3. Is there a first person mode that you can unlock in Code Veronica?

4. What's your favorite RE game? (I'd say mine is between... RE2 and the GCN remake.)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The deal ends with RE4. Oh, my favorite RE game is RE2. Followed by REmake.

CVXFreak will answer the rest. :p

demi

Vieo said:
2. Are there any differences between Code Veronica on Dreamcast and Code Veronica X on PS2/GCN? (I throughly played and beat the DC version when it first came out. I just picked up the PS2 version, but I haven't played the DC version in so long that if there were differences, I wouldn't notice.)

3. Is there a first person mode that you can unlock in Code Veronica?

4. What's your favorite RE game? (I'd say mine is between... RE2 and the GCN remake.)

2. New cutscenes and ending I believe, from what I saw. Could be more.

3. No?

4. RE1

2. Yes, CVX has a few new cutscenes and a much longer ending. The graphics are also a little shittier than the in DC version.

3. There is an unlockable Battle Game that has the option for first person.

4. Toss-up between RE2, REmake, and Code Veronica.

SantaC

As grizzly said. RE4 ends the exclusive deal with Nintendo. I guess sony can get the franchise back for PS3.

Hopefully Nintendo will sign some more exclusive deals. One thing I would like to see is making a deal with namco and secure some Tales games for nintendo consoels only.

I really think the best RE games are RE2 and GC RE, but I'm not going to try and decide between them.

Veronica is such a completely awesome game that I couldn't stop playing it back on the DC, but it is just too easy IMO. RE vets will eat that game alive, but the plot and presentation are better than any other RE.

RE3 is fun, but overshadowed by the rest. The ammo-making was completely unnecessary, but ain't none better than Jill Valentine.

I even like RE Dead Aim, but then I had to in order to justify the amount of Guncon2s I own.

RE0 sucked. Again, nothing obviously wrong with the game but if you'd played all the other REs then there is virtually nothing new here. Also the plot was horrible, even though some of the cutscenes were very intriguing.

Miburou

So in the end the whole RE is exclusive to Nintendo thing amounted to only RE4 (seeing as how RE0 was announced for N64 before and then moved to GC)?

As for my favorite RE games, in order:
RE2
RE3
RE1 (PS1)

I don't really care for the rest.

explodet

Miburou said:
So in the end the whole RE is exclusive to Nintendo thing amounted to only RE4 (seeing as how RE0 was announced for N64 before and then moved to GC)?
Well, not quite, it also meant ports for RE2, 3 and Code Veronica on the GC.

Top Bottom