• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 2: The Offical Beta Thread

Guled

r2logo.jpg

This is the official beta thread. Here we organize meet-ups, exchange ID's, rally the clan (if the beta has clans, someone check), and talk about different strategies. The beta starts today (Oct. 16) for NA, and Oct. 20 for Europe. The ending date for the beta is not known for NA, but in Europe it ends on Nov 23rd. Also, get a headset. The one that comes with Socom is nice. Anyway, here is some info about the beta from the PlayStation blog site

Heya, it’s been a while since I’ve been seen around these parts as James Stevenson, Bryan Intihar and the others at Insomniac have been doing most of the Resistance 2 posting as of late. Along with my return to the blog, I bring a few announcements with regards to R2:

* Today, October 16th, the public beta for Resistance 2 will begin in North America. The beta will offer gamers a glimpse at Resistance 2’s online competitive and co-op modes ahead of the game’s launch on November 4th. We will be admitting players in two waves: a Premiere wave which includes those that pre-ordered at GameStop, individuals who subscribed to QORE for one year and/or bought the episode featuring Resistance 2 and a recent contest from GamePro.com. Those of you in the Premiere wave should be receiving an email with a registration code between now and tomorrow afternoon. A second wave is starting in the middle of next week, and you apply to be a part of it by going to beta.myresistance.net once the site goes live (later tonight). For those of you across the pond in Europe, the public beta will also begin next week.

* The Beta will include competitive maps from three locations in the game. These maps include 60-, 40-, and 20-player maps from Orick, 40- and 20-player maps from Chicago, and the 10-Player map Sub Docks (Bay Area). New modes Skirmish and Core control will be supported, along with Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. The co-op portion of the beta will focused on Orick, and will support randomization of your play-path. Both co-op and competitive will support matchmaking and class/character progression up to level 10. This will allow unlocking of new equipment, upgrades and berserks for character customization.

* Speaking of beta.myresistance.net, the beta version of our new community site goes live tonight as well. Customizable leader boards/user profiles, individual blogs and ‘ticker’ that provides players with up to minute information of happenings on the site are just some of the features the beta site has to offer. Leading into the November 4th North American launch of the game (and the months to follow), we’ll be adding several more features that will make MyResistance.net the destination for all Resistance fans.

* And, finally, Resistance 2 has gone gold. As a special treat, the below image gives all of you PlayStation Blog readers an idea on just how big just the online coop campaign mode is :)

Leave your PSN here if you plan to play Resistance MP a lot. And most importantly, have fun :D

PSN ID's

User name - PSN

Guled - Nytekrawla
desertdroog - cactusspines
Prodystopian - Prodystopian
Acid08 - Acid08
mittelos - mittelos
SpudBud - SgtSpud
Nightz - N1ghtz
Fersis - Fersis
RoboPlato - RoboPlato
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
Enojado - thugmuffin77
the_prime_mover - Palantiri
Somnia - Somnia
Pai Pai Master - PaiPai
SuperSonic1305 - SuperSonic1305
xero273 - xero273
gamerecks - gamerecks
Baha - BahaFS
joesmokey - joesmokey
Assembly Required - MemoryCure
JB1981 - Beamber
Captain N - SaveRagnarok
nickslicl - DireStr8s
RJNavarrete - RJeezy_von_Z and/or RJN
GodofWine - TheGodofWine
chimster - chimera
mike23 - idconvict
industrian - industrian
Llyranor - Plutobux
-viper- - vlper9
aj2good4you2 - aj2good4you2
Facism - Live_Feed
Ilparazzo - Ilparazzo
DunpealD - dunpeal-1
Dave1988 - Dave1988
Teknoman - TeknomanEX
Esperado - Esperado
stressboy - stressboy
TelemachusD - TelemachusD
criesofthepast - xcaseyjonesx
Costanza - costanzagaf
The_Inquisitor - The_Inquisitor
The S-Word - BBKeezie
DrPirate - DrPirate
miyamotofreak - miyamotofreak
xintin - xintin
Spooks - thedrizzle
Matrix - matrixadw
Cloak - Wrexsoul99
Gibb - Molin
Rodeo Clown - Confushious
Zyzyxxz - zyzyxxz
The Frankman - TheFrankman86
Nakazato - FFXI_Isamu
Fizzle - Faiizow
Quixzlizx - Quixzlizx
°°ToMmY°° - tommasoted
StormyTheRabbit - StormyTheRabbit

Prodystopian - Prodystopian

I already added quite a few gaffers from the R2 thread. Feel free to add me if we aren't friends yet.

mittelos

I'd love to hook up with some of you guys. I'm in CST timezone and usually on around 10pm or so (have to wait for kids to go to bed).

PSN: mittelos

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
PSN ID: Fersis

I cant download the beta because the PSN is down ! :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
PSN ID: RoboPlato

Anybody else keep getting put into team deathmatches with people only on one team? I haven't been able to get into anything else using matchmaking.

Enojado

Sweet, was just thinking a thread like this needed to be created.

Add me:

PSN: thugmuffin77. I'm on Pacific Standard Time (in California). I also have a headset.

RoboPlato said:
PSN ID: RoboPlato

Anybody else keep getting put into team deathmatches with people only on one team? I haven't been able to get into anything else using matchmaking.

PSN: Palantiri

Yeah, competitive matchmaking doesn't seem to work atm. Perhaps once more people are on? I just finished up a 50 player match on Orick . . . wow . . . I think this may be the greatest online experience I have every had. I really like the experience system, and even more I like how the experience you get from shooting someone is always over their head so it is visible but not necessarily large and right in the middle of the screen.

Matchmaking co-op works though and I have had good fortune hooking up with mostly mic using players.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I finally got into a really good game and got over 25k XP in it just to find out it was unranked after it ended. :(

Guled

RoboPlato said:
I finally got into a really good game and got over 25k XP in it just to find out it was unranked after it ended. :(
the servers will be wiped at the end of the beta so it dosn't really matter in the long run

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Guled said:
the servers will be wiped at the end of the beta so it dosn't really matter in the long run
I know, I was just hoping to see what some of the other customization options. It's just the first day of the beta and the match was awesome anyway so it doesn't matter.

Anyone else getting any major system crashes? Twice now I have been in a match when suddenly everyone starts spazzing out (like some network lag), then the system will just freeze and I have to do a hard reboot. Both times it happened I was playing in the same server but it doesn't seem to have affected other people in the same game. Outside of this incident I am not experiencing any lag or framerate drops, in fact the game runs so smooth it is amazing.

Somnia

In the process of downloading it now. Gonna be awhile its going realllllllllllllllllllllllly slow.

PSN = Somnia

GodofWine

I need non-noobs to protect me! or other noobs to killz!

PSN: TheGodofWine

(Had R1, but got it late and hardly played it online)

My beta is at 80% download, game is pre-ordered

DunpealD

Facism said:
PSN: Live_Feed

I'm GMT. Dunpeal you didn't get back to me last night :X

Oh crap sorry I missed the notice, I was in a hurry to finish the session to get into bed.

As far as I know at least 4 of our MGO clan(including me) are in the Beta... Maybe we should organize a joint session some time.

PSN: dunpeal-1

Top Bottom